PDA

View Full Version : Will this hurt my hunting area?

switchbackarche
October 16th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Last night I shot a coyote from my tree stand. I know I nailed it and it could not have went far. BUT I CANT FIND THE THING. My question is will it hurt my hunting area if there is a dead animal around the general vicinity that I hunt? Thanks all.

cheetah8799
October 16th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Probably not. Some areas the deer won't even spook at a gut pile under your stand.

switchbackarche
October 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
TTT
I really need to know this. Thanks all!!!

Byron
October 16th, 2006, 12:40 PM
If deer ran from dead animals, they'd be running all the time. Stuff dies in the woods, no big deal. The only real concern here is any scent you left in the area during your search.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

Bees
October 16th, 2006, 01:02 PM
If they smell coyote scent they will more than likely go the other way. After coytoe scent is gone doesn't matter.

bowhunter brian
October 16th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Looking for the coyote probly did more harm than the dead coyote will. Don't underestimate how far that yote might have gone after you shot him. I nailed one between the shoulder blades last year. Stuck him to the ground til he broke off the top and bottom of the arrow and ran off with the middle part of the arrow in it's body. Tracked that thing over 200 yards and never did find it, even with a good blood trail. Had to quit trailing him and find my buddy's deer that he had shot at about the same time.