Archery Talk Forum banner

Small bucks still fun to hunt.....

368 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cmarti 
#1 ·
I slosh into the flood plain along the river. Find a 2 foot hump of high ground with a tree to lean on clear a couple shooting lanes in the grass and weeds. Put on the ghille suit, wait 15 minutes and try a snort wheeze. The brush crunches and I see a small tree shaking. I get glimpses through the brush of his chocolate colored and muddy coat. My Monster is on it's way. I struggle through the adrenaline rush and draw the bow, and out steps the most ugly spindly eight point rack you have ever seen:eek:

He lives to work on that set of horns, get this deer a supplement! BUT man hunting on the ground, in brush, with them just yards away, and you're both looking for each other is a RUSH.:tongue: It is nice to get out of the trees now and then. I have one buck from the ground without a blind, but I am not sure I am good enough to make a living at it. I am doing more of it.

Are there any videos or books on ground hunting and stalking with a bow?
I will consider any advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.