Archery Talk Forum banner

yet another DB brush in question

988 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  msubu21 
#1 ·
with all of the talk about brushing in the DB blinds, why did'nt they add brush loops?
Has anyone added brush loops to there blind?
what about using the PMI cover system to brush her in?

#4 ·
Not a bad suggestion -- maybe i'll do that myself AND heres an idea concerning the Pmi cover systems- I look for old (artificial) christmas trees and use the limbs for silouette breakers when I have to get in trees with not much cover or background -- Usually can find several @ dumps after the holidays-- use them alot espicially the ones with thick 90 degree hangers you can hammer in the tree -- seldom get busted when you break your skyline / silouete / give er a try nice on the $$$$$$ -- GOOD LUCK:wink:

#6 ·
How much room is in a T2 enough for me and my son Me 5'8" 1853 Son 5' 125#:aniangel:

#7 ·
that sucker is very wide....I'm 6'0" and have laid down for a nap with no problem

the main concern with it is staking out the front and the back to have enough to room to draw back if you got a pretty good draw....I'd say 28"+

a man and wife with 2 young kids could sit in that thing to watch deer....

#8 ·
:thumbs_up Thanks Jose wish you luck with the CHRISTmas tree limbs

#13 ·
Brush loops huh? What are all the strings on the outside for? I just shove tree branches in them and seems to work good enough. Enough to break up the outline easy enough.

#14 ·
#15 ·
I've seen the Ameristep Ghillie system for about $40 that will fit over any blind. I've thought about snagging one of them to see if it helped speed up the brushing in process.

#16 ·
wooden clothes pins

I took some of my wife's wooden pinch type clothes pins and drilled a hole near the end of one side of the handle. I strung them on the T2 string. I can position them where I need them and they hold the brush or limbs in place very nicely. They are quiet and eventually turn grey from exposure.
Works for me

#17 ·
I got a pic today from jetinspector of his DB with the british camo on it I thought you guys might like to see.

I dunno if its the ticket to brushing it in or not. Good idea but I dunno. What do you think?

#18 ·
I am with SilentElk...I just take a pair of shears and cut branchs/brush and poke it into the strings going around the blind. Another thing to do is us the terrain to your advantage. In this set-up I placed the blind at the bottom of a small hill. In front of me was a field about 250 yards across. Any deer that came into the field could not see over the top of the hill so thus the blind outline was broken up. I was also able to hunt with the net up b/c I hate looking through the net. Had a 4 pointer walk by me at the exact spot where the ATV is parked at in this picture. (The ATV is there in the pic b/c I was in the process of dragging out the 12 pointer I killed from this set up!
Land lot Property Soil Grass Natural environment

Set-Up

Deer

Result

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.