Archery Talk Forum banner

Muck Boots

1K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  killahog 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on muck boots, are they waterproof, and do they let your feet breath? Thanks for the advice

#8 ·
I love muck boots. Especially aruond here where you have a lot of ditches and creeks. Make great for trapping and tracking deer. Comfortable too.

#9 ·
Buckeyehunter12 said:
I love muck boots. Especially aruond here where you have a lot of ditches and creeks. Make great for trapping and tracking deer. Comfortable too.
Same here. Where mine no matter what outdoor activity i'm doing. Trapping, hunting, scouting.....doesn't matter.
My first choice is muckboots.
I've had my fieldmasters for three years now and aside from my own mistakes with broadheads, they are a great boot!!!!
Waterproof, breathable, and warm.

#12 ·
I despise knee high boots as none were comfy and you need a winch to get them off.....untillllllll I went to Muck boots. I love them and just bought my son a pair for Xmas. I have the Fieldmasters.

#14 ·
pros are they are warm, waterproof,and ok to walk in just not fun on long walks or dragging a deer out.tall bootfor water crossing.
cons are the neoprene rips or tears but just add divers wet suit glue to the tear.feet sweat they dont wear like a tennis shoe but the lacrosse boot fits like one though.bought mine a size larger for winter socks.
all that said i think they are a good boot just wish they would fit the foot better.

#15 ·
I have the Woody Max

I havent tested them in extreme low temps.

But they are very comfortable...plenty warm with good socks...very easy to put on and off while wearing bulky clothes...knee high water proof for creek crossing

They are not as comfortable for long hikes as a good lace up boot...but they are better at this than any other knee high 'rubber boot' I have seen.

Your feet will likely sweat some during long walks IF you dont roll them down. If you roll them down while walking you feet will breathe alot better. Just roll them up when you hit water or after you get to your stand. The neoprene uppers feel like nice comfy leg warmers to me when its cold outside.

#18 ·
Hunt everday in mine

Tried lots of rubber boots and mucks are the only ones that carry this fat body all day.

There great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.