Archery Talk Forum banner

Late Season

351 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  meanv2 
#1 ·
How many of you are going to be out for the late season this year? I've never hunted the late season for archery due to the amount of fear put into the deer during rifle season. They seem to become almost nocturnal after the first week of gun season but I'm interested if it's worth heading out. Fortunately I'm already done but I'd still like to go out with my dad in the late season to video if it would be worth the time?

#4 ·
AAAAHHHHHHH late season....man I live for it! Got 3wks off work...hunting Dec.17th til Jan. 7th! Pretty much got the woods to yourself,I love super cold weather and the deer gotta move when she's cold! Seen some of the biggest bucks in Jan. so to answer your question....hell yeah it's worth it!:thumbs_up

#5 ·
WIbow said:
AAAAHHHHHHH late season....man I live for it! Got 3wks off work...hunting Dec.17th til Jan. 7th! Pretty much got the woods to yourself,I love super cold weather and the deer gotta move when she's cold! Seen some of the biggest bucks in Jan. so to answer your question....hell yeah it's worth it!:thumbs_up
Hmm, those are all logical points. I just never hear of any deer being shot around here in the late season. I've always looked at it kind of like the 2 day archery bear season which is hard to take serious. Looks like it's time to man-up and get ready for some nice cold weather :tea:

#7 ·
I spend the bulk of my free time hunting before Slug season here. I have killed deer in the Late season:)

Key on food plots, and you might even hope for one of those yearling does where you are hunting to come in Heat:)

That can sure liven things up a bit;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.