Archery Talk Forum banner

two,three,or four?

500 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  meanv2 
#1 ·
with everything else being equal,how many blades do you prefure and why?

#2 ·
3 !?!

3 But not sure why, except I use to and still do line up blades with the fletching... know its not required, but do it anyway!!! But I also believe 3 blades are thicker blades than a 4 blade so they'll last alittle longer and are alittle tougher

#5 ·
Norwegian Woods said:
Why ST 100 and not 125?
4 blades cut more:)
It really depends on what arrow I am using and what I need to get my FOC. I have used 125's in the past and they are built like a tank.

This year shooting the CX Maximas and Maxima Hunters the 100's worked very nicely:)

#6 ·
meanv2 said:
It really depends on what arrow I am using and what I need to get my FOC. I have used 125's in the past and they are built like a tank.

This year shooting the CX Maximas and Maxima Hunters the 100's worked very nicely:)
Ok. I go for high KE so I can shoot the deer from head to a..:wink:
Or was it from a.. to head?:confused:
I got a bit confused after the shot placement treads:embara:

#11 ·
alright, a little history for you kids. i use 3 blades because a triangular wound has less chance of somewhat closing, its the same concept that banned triangular bayonets i think after the civil war. and if it killed peoples quick back then, it sure as heck can kill deer now

#13 ·
stickmonkey said:
alright, a little history for you kids. i use 3 blades because a triangular wound has less chance of somewhat closing, its the same concept that banned triangular bayonets i think after the civil war. and if it killed peoples quick back then, it sure as heck can kill deer now
You have the same result with a 4 blade, but the 4 blades cut a larger area.

#14 ·
I prefer 2, 3 and 4...

I have used 2 blade simmons landshark 160's and am tempted to go back to them....just b/c they leave a huge hole and fly try to 45 yards...even out a whisker biscuit :eek: :wink: Plus I like sharpening...

If I ever get around to setting up a hog only bow I would use silverflames, although technically it is not 2 blades...for simplistic purposes I'll call it that...

I like 3 blade cause I use montec 140's and them babies are sweeeeeeet....if I shot 125 I would use the Strikers

I like 4 blade cause Slick Tricks are some bad little suckers.....I set up a friend with those and when I asked about the hole it produced all he could say was, "Oh my God!!!!'

You could argue all day on tissue damage vs overall penetration....worthless on whitetails and most hogs....they will all get it done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.