#1 ·
2006 Tribute
#70 draw weight
28.5" draw length
380 grain (total weight) carbon express (small diameter shaft) w/blazer vains
QAD ultra rest
string loop with 2 brass nockpoints
large hunters peep sight

last time I chrono'ed the bow it was at about 280 fps...does this sound about right or maybe a little slow?

#4 ·
I originally had my nock point as my string loop, but the loop kept pinching the arrow on draw and causing the arrow to come off the rest, that's why I went to the brass knocks. Is there a way to tie on the loop and use it as a nock point without it pinching the arrow?

#5 ·
put your arrow nock on the string....tie about 1/8" serving underneath the nock...then put your string loop on so that you have serving b/n the bottom knot and the arrow nock....that helps keep some downward pressure on the arrow...

#6 ·
I shoot the same set up except I shoot Maxima 250s, a meta peep, and no brass nocks. I have serving under my nock that is just above the bottm knot of my loop and I'm shoot 305+.

#10 ·
That's good info I'd been wondering @ the peep rotation issue myself -- So it sounds to me like you spread the peep serving -then put the bow string one strand at the time till it aligns -- did I hear thaat correctly

#11 ·
Oh yea -- mine shot 281 with 68# - 28" draw Axis 340's @370gr. feathers loop J fletcher peep smooth mods.

#12 ·
Tarheeler said:
That's good info I'd been wondering @ the peep rotation issue myself -- So it sounds to me like you spread the peep serving -then put the bow string one strand at the time till it aligns -- did I hear thaat correctly
I just stick mine in between even colored/numbered strands on each side of the peep....shoot the bow to break the string in...then start flipping strands one at a time till it gets right...didn't think I'd have the patience to do that...but being single I have plenty time :wink:

when I went to Nebraska to hunt I did not hunt the first morning there b/c my bow had been in 50+ degree weather...it was in the 20's up there :eek: not good for peep rotation...once you get it set...it's good to go...just a matter of flipping a few strands....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.