Archery Talk Forum banner

Rage broadhead damage pics

6K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  stevesbuck 
#1 ·
check out these pics of Rage broadhead damage (if I uploaded them right)
this shot was 35 yards from my tree stand. not a perfect hit but she flinched and quartered slightly towards me when I released.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man what a hole! What setup are you using? Congrats on the slick head.
Robbie

#5 ·
nope, one shot only.....that second small hole next to the large entry hole was caused (I presume) because of how she was quartered when the arrow went in. I guess the tip of one blade sliced through her skin from the inside out. I shot 2 does this season with Rage 2s and have been pretty impressed with the damage. I know some don't like them, but IMO they're the best mechanicals I've ever used.

#9 ·
That is some serious damage!

Thanks for posting up, I've had many people at the shop asking how these broadheads performed on game...if it's alright with you. I'd like to show them a couple of your pictures?

Scott (that hole looks like the one between my ex-wife's _____) B

#10 ·
Dang, that's insane!

#12 ·
buelligan1200 said:
nope, one shot only.....that second small hole next to the large entry hole was caused (I presume) because of how she was quartered when the arrow went in. I guess the tip of one blade sliced through her skin from the inside out.

Ahhhh, I see. I thought maybe you had to put a "finisher" in to her.

Congrats again my man!!

#13 ·
I don't hunt from blinds so I'm not sure about it opening up in the mesh, and both deer I shot this year were passthroughs so I'm not sure about pulling them out either. My guess is that if you did catch the mesh in a blind then they would probably open since it takes very little pressure to open the blades.

#14 ·
I'm glad I did not have to gut her:mg:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.