Archery Talk Forum banner

Finally got the monkey off my back!

1K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  slinger09 
#1 ·
Well it took 5 LONG years, but I finally got my first buck with my bow! Not a bruiser by any means, but he'll make some outstanding sausage I am sure! Was fortunate to take a nice doe as well.....

20 yards, quartering away.... hit him right behind the last rib and it exited out his far shoulder. Went 80 yards and piled up in sight..... The doe I hit right behind the shoulder (~ 25 yrds) and she went 400-500 yards..... I owe it to my hunting party for helping find her !!!..... you would never know he is color blind!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
congrats to you on your 1st Bow Buck ...

#12 ·
Rackaholic-

Once and awhile I go shoot up at Kenmore. I have up to 30 yds shooting distance in my yard, so I get my practice usually in the comfort of my own home.

These were shot over in the Spokane area..... The rut went in full swing Friday afternoon..... had my tags already filled though... saw a couple of P&Y's running around Friday and Saturday!!!

#13 ·
Been here a year, but haven't met anyone to hunt with. Ended up going back home for a few days, but it rained all but one day with temps way above normal and the hunting was lousy. Someone told me that there are a lot of whitetails over that way, is it true? Whats the land access like. Understand that this kind of info is closely guarded sometimes, but really don't foresee being able to make it over there anyway. PM me if you want. Looked pretty sweet over in the Spokane area when I drove out here last December...again congrats!

#14 ·
vern96 said:
Well it took 5 LONG years, but I finally got my first buck with my bow! Not a bruiser by any means, but he'll make some outstanding sausage I am sure! Was fortunate to take a nice doe as well.....

20 yards, quartering away.... hit him right behind the last rib and it exited out his far shoulder. Went 80 yards and piled up in sight..... The doe I hit right behind the shoulder (~ 25 yrds) and she went 400-500 yards..... I owe it to my hunting party for helping find her !!!..... you would never know he is color blind!

Congrats to you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.