Archery Talk Forum banner

Best hunt ever!

570 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BowTech Bandit 
#1 ·
I took my 12 yr. old son with me to my favorite hunting spot to bow hunt today. The weather started to change from 45 to about 34 degrees with light rain to a heavy mist! After some time my son started to complain about being cold and wiggleing around, I told him another 15 minutes an if we didn't see any thing we would go, it wasn't five more minutes I saw a small buck at about 40 yds. then two fat little does at 20 yds. to my left! As I started to draw I could see the expression on my son's face, " he knew what was going to happen" It did!!!!! I dropped the doe in her tracks!!! My son thought it was the greatest thing in the world! I took him back to the truck to warm up while I dragged the doe out on a plastic sled. When I got back he was ready to help field dress the doe! We had a blast together! So I have to say "My best hunt ever"!

#3 ·
Congrats on a great hunt and memorable moment. But wait until you're the one watching and he's the one shooting. That's a memory you'll savor forever!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.