Archery Talk Forum banner

The Latest on Troy Gentry

2K views 36 replies 34 participants last post by  Techy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I wonder if voluntarily surrendering his privilege to hunt in Minnesota affects other states, as well. Some states have agreements not to let people hunt if they'd lost their license in other states.

#10 ·
Ghost Hunter said:
There's getting to be too much of this. These guys with money think they can buy what they lack in knowledge and skill to hunt, wait, you can't even call them hunters...what a looser!!
How do you feel about hiring an outfitter when you go across thecountry or around the world to hunt?

#13 ·
:pukey: :pukey: :pukey:
That is just :pukey: :pukey: :pukey:
What sorts of bragging rights did he buy by doing this?:pukey: :pukey: :pukey:
Any hunters who want to hunt together with this low life?:pukey: :pukey: :pukey:
I usually don`t bash anyone, but this looser, Jimmy Housten and others like them make me sick!
:pukey: :pukey: :pukey:

#14 ·
Why was the judge and lawyer downplaying it? His quote was that it was just a "simple" tag violation charge.

NOOOOOO, it was premeditated. They PLANNED to break the law and dupe the public from the beginning. It was no accident. Then, they let him off from the Lacey Act violation. He planned the whole thing, then carried it out... then KNOWINGLY transported an illegally tagged animal across state lines.

Besides that... he stated that he knew he was shooting the bear in a 3 acre enclosure... surrounded by an electric fence????????

#15 ·
Never Liked that Dipstick anyway.....

#16 ·
KC-IL said:
Why was the judge and lawyer downplaying it? His quote was that it was just a "simple" tag violation charge.

NOOOOOO, it was premeditated. They PLANNED to break the law and dupe the public from the beginning. It was no accident. Then, they let him off from the Lacey Act violation. He planned the whole thing, then carried it out... then KNOWINGLY transported an illegally tagged animal across state lines.

Besides that... he stated that he knew he was shooting the bear in a 3 acre enclosure... surrounded by an electric fence????????
Comes down to one thing "MONEY"

He has it and can get away with a slap on the hand.. but it sounds like the guy that set it up is going to taken over the coals a few times.. hopefully he does to..

I just don't understand how anyone would achive any good feelings about shooting an animal that has been caged all its life or sticking an animal in a small cage and shooting it... just doesn't make any sense to me..

Just sad what people will do these days.. surely not any type of hunter/sportsman in my book.. and I would not spend a dime on any of his products no matter how much I liked him before reading this..

#20 ·
wind in face said:
The caged up and no where to go tour! Monkey Gentry, Brooks & Dunn plus special guest Jimmy Houston!!!
Next week on the Outdoor Channel:D With a rebroadcast on CMT;)
Maybe team blowhard will stop by and do a tune?

Yep! thats about what I was thinking. Maybe these guys should join the "World Darting Association". Oops, I mean the "World Hunting Association".

The sad part about this is that Gentry may have lost his privilages to hunt that state and had to pay a small amount of money (15k is chump change to him). But I'll bet he'll be hunting next season, just in another state. That my friends is PATHETIC!!!

#21 ·
What Crap!!!!

:angry: Sucks I liked him and there music. I for one couldn't get myself to shoot some tame thing like that. I bet he would come up and eat out of your hand. That is such crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes ya mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

#22 ·
just another example of celebs. who think they are above the law and they dont have to play by the same rules as everone else.i have one of there cds ,i guess the next time i go to practice with the bow there greatest hits will be the target.oh yeah!:darkbeer: :)

#24 ·
I Just read about it in Missouri Conservationist, it's called the Interstate Wildlife Violator's Compact and it basically means if you lose your hunting lisence in one state you lose it in a lot of other states as well. So far 22 0states have signed up with 6 more pending.

Here is the list of member states:

Alaska
Arizona
Californis
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Oregon
South Dakota
Tennesee
Utah
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I guess he will not be hunting a whole lot the next five years,,,,I know he hunts alot of these states because I have seen him on tv hunting some of theses states.

I think every state should be a part of this!

#26 ·
Bullhound said:
asinine comparison, sorry.:thumbs_do

he, and all the other pen hunting celebs do absolutely nothing for hunting and its future.:thumbs_do

I disagree with what the guy did (the "country" music guy).

However, I was not disputing whether or not what he did or how it was handled was right or wrong.

I took issue with someone who made an overreaching generalization about people with money and them not having hunting skills.

"There's getting to be too much of this. These guys with money think they can buy what they lack in knowledge and skill to hunt, wait, you can't even call them hunters...what a looser!!" [emphasis added]

There are many well to do guys that go on DIY hunts as a "real" hunter does (or so I am being told to believe). However, there are a lot of well to do, and even not-so-well to do guys that hire guys. What do you think the average success rate is for DIY hunters versus those with guides are? I'm guessing they are pretty lopsided and the outfitted/guided hunters probably take bigger bulls. So when they hire guides according to this guy, they aren't hunters because the bought with money the ability to harvest an animal.

I don't agree with the train of thought that outfitted/guided hunts are any less of a hunt than a DIY...as long as it is fair chase. Inside a fence it is to take meat and thats it.

Therefore, I also disagree that my previous statement was "assanine"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.