Archery Talk Forum banner

Hunting Ethics

771 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  keep 
#1 ·
How is this for ethics. 8 guys sitting in a field. Each with 50 rounds and 2 of them using 50 Cal. rifels and the rest ultramags shooting deer and 600 + yards all day long. blowing legs off and everything else. Another reason why i hate gun hunting.

#2 ·
I am an archer and I am a gun hunter.. but I do not hunt like that.. so do you hate me?

I understand your frustration with people that you describe but because they are using a gun doesn't mean all gun hunters are like that... it is the person..

I am very sure that there are some gun hunters that dislike bow hunters.. Think about all the bad shots some archers take. Where I hunt a gun hunter shot a doe and on the back left leg on the inside was a broadhead.. what do you think that gun hunter thought about archers seeing that...

Again.. I don't blame it on the weapon.. it is totally on the person using the weapon...

I think you said it... Having ETHICS.. without those it doesn't matter.

#4 ·
If I dont fill my tags in archery I am out for the rifle season. I rifle hunt the same way I archery hunt. If I feel like sitting then I sit if I feel like walking then I walk. Only difference is the rifle gives me more range. I am just as proud shooting a deer with my rifle as I am with my bow. You cant make everyone feel the same way you do.

#6 ·
Take a look at One-eye's posts in the Scared In Michigan thread and then tell me why you don't hate bowhunting as well.

Walking into a hospital with an arrow sticking out of your eye????

There're slob bowhunters too. (see neckshots, trespassing, wounded deer threads, etc) You're welcome to pick your poison but let's not be hypocritical about it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=411499

#7 ·
Ryan216 said:
How is this for ethics. 8 guys sitting in a field. Each with 50 rounds and 2 of them using 50 Cal. rifels and the rest ultramags shooting deer and 600 + yards all day long. blowing legs off and everything else. Another reason why i hate gun hunting.
So exactly where and when did this happen?

#8 ·
SneakyTree said:
So for the actions of a few individuals, you dislike the the activity as a whole. How's that for logic?
Jared,
That's right, you just give me a little longer and I'll get you to put that damn gun down too. jk

Really though, I think it's the actions of more than just a few. If it were only a few this would be a non-issue. The majority of gun hunters are good ethical and safe hunters but there are some (more than a few) that are like the original post. I think it has more to do with respest, or lack there of, for the animal. We have bowhunters in our ranks that are no better, it justs seems to be a smaller percentage, but that's my view point.
Listen to some of the stories you hear around town, you'll not be impressed.

Give me a call the wife needs your address to send an invite to the Christmas party.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.