Archery Talk Forum banner

Hang On Loop Release

603 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bowhuntntxn 
#1 ·
I would like to find a release that I can hook on my loop and leave there while I am hunting. I am tired of having deer slip in and then having to try to watch it while I stand, remove my bow from the holder and hook the release on the loop. I think I would really enjoy having a release that stayed hooked to the loop. Of course, I would like for it to be quiet. I have seen that Tru Ball has one they call the Push Pull and it has a caliper and appears to be a three finger pull. Does anyone know if this release will stay attached to a loop? I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
I used my Carter Insatiable II this way. It has the heavy springs in it so it takes a really good whack to accidentally knock it from the d-loop. I killed a lot of deer with it. This year I started using a Carter Atension spike head, with the Insatiable as a back up.

Truballs are fine too, you just need one with a closed jaw.

#5 ·
That's how I hunt!

Try the Truball Pro Diamond, or Pro Diamond Extreme. Get the Talon head for shooting off of a D loop. This is exactly how they were meant to be used. No need to worry about bumping the trigger and having them hit the ground while they are hanging there.

#7 ·
Carter Target 3 is what I use. I clip it on and let it hang until "go-time". The Carter Chocolate Addiction will do the same thing.

#8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I really need to make this change as I have pretty significant hearing loss from some explosions while in Iraq and deer are always sneaking in on me without me realizing it until they are very close. I just picked up my hearing aids so that will help some, but I still want to use a hang on release.

#9 ·
Slidellkid said:
Thanks for the feedback. I really need to make this change as I have pretty significant hearing loss from some explosions while in Iraq and deer are always sneaking in on me without me realizing it until they are very close. I just picked up my hearing aids so that will help some, but I still want to use a hang on release.
You need a handheld instead of a wrist strap release.. there are tons of em.. I use a Trufire Crackshot.. cheap, simple, with a couple of slight mods, lethal.. and it will hang there all day.. just grab it and draw... :thumb:

#11 · (Edited)
I love shooting with my TruBall Chappy Boss all year long. Great accuracy, no trigger travel, highly-adjustable and consistent trigger - just a great release. I do exactly as you suggest, clipping it to the D-loop and leaving it there until I need to draw. Don't worry about the small noise from the release at all. I've killed around 30 deer with mine, and none of them noticed it! Also, I prefer the caliper head, as it turns freely, while the Talon head has to be locked in one position.

Good luck,
Byron :)

#12 ·
Byron said:
I love shooting with my TruBall Chappy Boss all year long. Great accuracy, no trigger travel, highly-adjustable and consistent trigger - just a great release. I do exactly as you suggest, clipping it to the D-loop and leaving it there until I need to draw. Don't worry about the small noise from the release at all. I've killed around 30 deer with mine, and none of them noticed it!

Good luck,
Byron :)
Byron...I like to call that the "Click of Death".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.