Archery Talk Forum banner

Slick trick or g5 striker

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Rexxer 
#1 ·
which is better for hog hunting
i will prob. get 100g either way

#4 ·
6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other:noidea:. I don't think one would be better than the other. As a matter of fact I am hawgin' in about a month and am taking those 2 heads exactly. I would put both of those on the top of my list:thumb: No mechanicals on hogs though:tsk:

#10 ·
When do you need an official answer by? In other words, when are you going hawgin'?

#11 ·
We have a lot of hogs where I hunt. They are great for testing out equipment. In the last few years I have used Montecs, Hypershocks, Tekan IIs, Grim reapers and Strikers. Of all these I think the Strikers have provided the most penetration and the best blood trails.

I have not used Slick Tricks.

#12 ·
Both BH's will get'er done but YOU have to put it in the right place for it to do it's job. Shot placement.....everyone repeat, Shot placement...Shot placement...Shot placement...Shot placement...Shot placement

Attachments

#16 ·
my vote if for strikers
they are freakin awsome i have always been partial to a cut on contact head eseascially if your hunting hogs penetration is a must. all else being equal cut on contact will out penetrate
with todays bows and a properly placed shot either head will certainly provide enough penetration but no one can guarentee a perfectly placed shot on a live animal everytime. no matter how good you are for that reason i stick with cut on contact heads for the added edge when everything don't go exactly as planned

#18 ·
Doc said:
6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other:noidea:. I don't think one would be better than the other. As a matter of fact I am hawgin' in about a month and am taking those 2 heads exactly. I would put both of those on the top of my list:thumb: No mechanicals on hogs though:tsk:
Doc i'm goin for spring break so i'm hunting in march

#19 · (Edited)
jhindman_6 said:
Doc i'm goin for spring break so i'm hunting in march
Well you are in luck. Jerry/NJ will be hosting a hog broadhead shoot-out before March down in the land of large boar and wild women....Texas.:wink: We are going to hammer some boar with various heads (G5 Striker and Slick Trick included) and bring the real world results back for your viewing pleasure...you can then decide what you are going to put up against one of the toughest animals to take down.:thumb: We have an official Texan overseeing the event, some bald guy from Kansas running the camera and a certified hog whisperer from Kansas.

#21 ·
Doc said:
Well you are in luck. Jerry/NJ will be hosting a hog broadhead shoot-out before March down in the land of large boar and wild women....Texas.:wink: We are going to hammer some boar with various heads (G5 Striker and Slick Trick included) and bring the real world results back for your viewing pleasure...you can then decide what you are going to put up against one of the toughest animals to take down.:thumb: We have an official Texan overseeing the event, some bald guy from Kansas running the camera and a certified hog whisperer from Kansas.
that sounds good if you could would you send me a message of the results or just the link where the results will be.
thanks

#22 ·
meanv2 said:
I bet you haven't tried to shoot my Rot;)
Does he look like a pin cushion or porcupine? If not then nope, I haven't tried to shoot your Rot:wink:

#25 ·
jhindman_6 said:
which is better for hog hunting
i will prob. get 100g either way

SLICK TRICK (IMO)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.