PDA

View Full Version : Dont Mess With Texas (GAME WARDENS)

Zen Archery
December 4th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Two of my friends were hunting this weekend on our small track of land when they heard a rifle shot go off around 7:00 p.m. Being in a bow only county one of the gentlemen called the local game warden who in tern called the local police departmet. While on the phone with the game warden he noticed two flashlights on the north end of our property walking away. He informed the game warden to keep away but to keep an eye on them. He saw them walking toward a truck. He pulled out his binoculars and gave the game warden the licence plate number, who in tern gave it to the local police. Within 15 minutes the police and the game warden cornered these two men in their truck.

Later that night the two men admitted trespassing and firing a "BB" gun. After doing a residue check on their hands one of the guys had obvious gun powder residue on his fingers and arm.

BUSTED! Don't mess with Texas!!!!

Can't wait til this one goes to court. Will keep you posted!!!

azone5
December 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Way to go!

BowhuntnHoosier
December 4th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I HATE POACHERS!!!! Nice job there buddy.

VorTexan
December 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
The amazing thing here is a bow only county in Texas?

bigrackHack
December 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM

I was surprised to hear that myself.

Awesome that the poachers were caught. Looking forward to hearing further details as they develop. :darkbeer:

beretta16
December 4th, 2006, 09:45 PM
They'll probably argue they were shooting their guns earlier in the day on their property, or on state property.

fn257
December 4th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Never heard of a bow only county in Texas, what county is it?

Mark

gmherps
December 4th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Me too.

jzc
December 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM
well i called our good game wardens in Texas to turn in a guy for night hunting. they took a message and said they would call me back.hmmmmm that been 3 weeks ago i havent heard anything yet.

IGluIt4U
December 4th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Great job!! Get the slimeballs... :wink:

We used to have the DNR come in regularly on one of the farms I hunted. They came in all during the rut and gun seasons. They'd come in at dark, when we were all back at the barn and ask permission to drive out to the powerline road to go look for jacklighters and poachers (we had the only easy access). They did nab a couple of em that had been poaching in our area.... decoy'd em... :chortle: :noidea: :rolleyes:

They were always cool, looked at our deer, never had any reason to check us, but they were all hung and clearly tagged. Glad to see em out doing their job. They check us pretty regularly when we waterfowl hunt too.. :wink:

Hoyt Hunter
December 4th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I have seen guide and ranches in texas that are strickly bow (wexford) I dont know if that is the county you are talking about but it sounds like a bow hunters dream

leonardunger
December 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM
In Calif we don't have enough game wardens. The poachers would proably of gotten away:cry:

Leonardunger

wasp
December 4th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Grayson County, north of Dallas, on the Oklahoma border. The whole county is bow-only.

wasp

IGluIt4U
December 5th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Grayson County, north of Dallas, on the Oklahoma border. The whole county is bow-only.

wasp
Somebody should have told the poachers that... :chortle: :wink:

Grayghost
December 5th, 2006, 12:23 AM
well i called our good game wardens in Texas to turn in a guy for night hunting. they took a message and said they would call me back.hmmmmm that been 3 weeks ago i havent heard anything yet.

I thought a spot light came with your hunting license in Texas. hmmmmm. :mg: :D

J-K

Zwickey~B4L~
December 5th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Yes I have hunted there also . There are some really big deer there too . 5 deer over 200" killed on the Hagerman in the last 9 years . I drew a tag this year but didnt go . Segment B ( the rut segment ) . That place has some real nice deer but l don't like hunting around 69 other guys in same units . This is why I elected not to go at last minute .

I went hunting with my baby bro in west Tx instead and had a blast . With my bow of coarse . We didnt see any huge deer but had a great time anyway .