PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Rod Holders??

BuckmyBass
December 24th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on some homemade rod holders. I fish alot from the banks and I hate to have my $300 set up's just lying on the ground. My initial plan was to take a couple boat rod holder's and bolt them to a 5 gallon bucket. then when ready to fish fill the bucket with water. Didn't work out well.
Thank for any idea's tip or tricks
Thanks JR

PSECaptnKirk
December 25th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ive made a few homemade rod holders using 1 1/2" OD PVC pipe. Cut the pipe about 8-10", use large enough hose clamps (2) and clamp it to a 3' (or length you chose) piece of rebar. You can also use wood stakes instead of rebar to make them lighter.

Hope that helps!

Captn---

OkieJ
December 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Go to www.catfishheaven.net They have alot of home made things in the library at the bottom.

tireman461
January 1st, 2007, 03:33 AM
well if you get some rebar or any piece of rod bar you can go to welding shop and weld some rings on them. another home made rod holder is 2" pvc pipe. i get five foot pieces and on one end i cut the end at an extreme angle. that part can be driven in the sand or dirt and the rod can be put on the other end. i use this type of rod holders at the beach for sand they do not rust and are light to move.

youthhunter3
January 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
well all we ever do is take a 6 inch pipe lengths with about a foot rebar weld them together and stick it in the ground all good i say