Archery Talk Forum banner

last day in Minnesota archery season

754 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BuckWyld 
#1 ·
Well it's 7am, I'm at work, it's pouring rain outside. :fuming:

And it's the last day of the season.:drama:

Unless one of my co-workers wants to relieve me for the afternoon, I'm done.

Heck, I don't think I'll go out the way it's raining anyhow.

So, now I have the next 8 days off. Hunting for about everything is closed. And what ice is/was on the lakes is going to be unsafe.:hurt:

Guess I'll have to do some work around the house then.:ROFLMAO:

This Minnesota "winter". When is it going to kick in?:smow:

Any other States having a real abnormally warm season?

Oh, well. I got 2 deer in the freezer. Archery season opens in 8 1/2 months.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I feel your pain...but I live in the south(Arkansas) and we haven't had what anyone can call a winter in years. Try hunting when it's 70*F during the rut!
But on the positive side! The archery season here starts Oct. 1 and goes through Feb. 28th!!!! And what is this ice thing you speak of? I use ice in my iced-tea!

Good luck!
Scott (walking on water, drilling holes, not fun to me) B

#3 ·
hay Mike, I just got home 7:30 from work and has been raining all night, I was done a while ago any how,the freezers are full ... could be up to our rears with snow so I won't gripe to loud

#5 ·
Ice

what is that? not much time left for ice houses, I feel for these guys with snowmobiles I haven't even put my plow blade on the tractor yet

#6 ·
Yep- me too

Well Mike you are not alone. Here in SE Nebraska it rained all night slowly turned to freezing rain and now snowing like mad ontop of that 1-2 inch layer of ice and holding at 27 degrees. I am so done, its killing me as I was onto 2 bruiser's this year a 10 and 12 point but just couldnt make it happen. Oh well, that's Bowhuntin' and I love every minute of it. Dont think of this as the off season but rather time to prepare and practice for next season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.