PDA

View Full Version : stockingfoot waders question

sweet old bill
January 12th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I just purchased a set of the new type of waders with what they call stocking foot. Does tghat mean I will be able to just ware a set of my old shoes ? or do I now have to find a buy in shoes for these type of waders ?
my thanks bill at sobarchery@frontiernet.net

jre4192
January 12th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I bought a pair of the cheapest tennis shoes i could find to wear over mine. I had to buy them a couple sizes bigger than normal.

Troutman
January 13th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I suppose you could go with some cheap tennies. I use Cabela's ultra light wading boots, I've almost worn them out but I've had them for about 5 seasons. Most wading boots have Felt souls that grab onto wet rocks real well, there are others with studded souls and one brand, Corkers, that have a removable soul, you get felt and studded rubber souls that you can change. I would suggest buying wading boots, best if you can try them on with the stocking foot waders so you get the size that fits best. A good boot will make all the difference out on the water.

Hope this helps

Jim

125 or bust
January 25th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I would suggest buying the boots .I have forgot my boots a couple of times and paid for it with falls on slimy rocks .and If you can swing the cash get boots with felt and carbide studs or try the simms aquastealths they are rubber with studs . I hear they kick butt

doctariAFC
January 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I would suggest buying the boots .I have forgot my boots a couple of times and paid for it with falls on slimy rocks .and If you can swing the cash get boots with felt and carbide studs or try the simms aquastealths they are rubber with studs . I hear they kick butt
Yes, I concur. Buy the wading boots/ wading shoes. Old sneakers or footwear not designed for wading can be downright dangerous when you are wading a stream or lake, as you can easily slip, your waders can fill with water, and you can drown. Remember to wear that wading belt cinched up tight, too. Keeps the waders from filling with water completely in the event you do get wet.

bad bob226
February 3rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
yes buy the boots they have felt on them they will save you i work for a big sporting good store on the oregon coast so good luck fishing

see ya later bob:cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

sweet old bill
February 4th, 2007, 05:41 AM
thanks for the feedback and I went and got a set of waders and wading shoes at Dick's so I am set for the fishing season. My thanks for all the help
Bill