PDA

View Full Version : mange

ub1243
January 21st, 2007, 10:11 AM
i anyone else seeing alot of mange? just got back from running my snare line, i had one red with mange real bad. 50% of his fur was gone. we have had 5 days in the mid twentys, i thought they would freeze to death by now. that red puts me over 50% with mange.:sad:

youthhunter3
January 22nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
well dont trap but i see alot of mange out in manitoba back home in the pas dont know what it is but we had alot of yotes i shot everyone i saw request of the farmers and my own personal interest in taken them out but its nasty and i was wondering do you know what it does to humans the same thing? and what would a person do if they got it not knowing what it was and looking at a close one and moving it just wondering becausei moved out here and i have not seen a mangy one yet and i ask the kids/hunters if the yotes here had mange and they had never heard of it? funny i know

ub1243
January 23rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
mange is some kind of mite, like a lice. people can catch mange and rabies. so don't touch a mangey k9.

youthhunter3
January 24th, 2007, 12:14 AM
yeah i dont touch them i just get my grandpas friend to get rid of it he has this sort of rubber suit but i do leave a mess of a yote with mange because i mostly see them when i am goose hunting soo i allways carry double aught buck shot with me to take them out at about 20 yards loll so yeah.

hoyt bowhunting
January 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I shot a yote during hunting season that was covered it mange.
matt

youthhunter3
February 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM
kinda weird on how many you see shoot trap in one area then there is like none just a bit further off eh i just dont figure likei said i talked to all my friends here in ablerta and they never even heard of mange

ub1243 at work
February 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM
i've got a friend that traps less then five miles from me and never had a fox with mange this year. me 65%-70% of my reds had it.

jccatchings
April 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Mange is species specific,meaning the mite that causes mange in a red fox does not cause mange in dogs/yotes. Grey fox do not get mange because their is not a mite that affects them. The mite can't move from one type of furbearer to another and live.