PDA

View Full Version : What's in your stink bait

ban_t
February 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM
My son and I make 2 types the first is:
catch as many bluegills as you can cut too small pcs. leaving out fins
Put in blender with crawfish (we catch all our own in local streams)
Add flour eggs and cheese anise oil or seed; blend well put into tupperware bowl set in sun for a day.
Put in Frige for a couple days. Too keep long time freeze.

Use as a dip bait, or add flour until you can roll it into balls too put on hook.
I also freeze it with a smal pcs of fishing line it and hang it over the side of the boat and use as chum.

Another method is too get horse feed or just feed corn and put in 5gal bucket
set outside for week until it sours. Then just laddle it into the local lake or stream. It will bring them in plus carp so you practice your bowfishin too.

ban_t
February 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM
i guess there are no one that uses stink baits
TTT

jagerace
February 28th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I only use live bait. I'm in search of the ever elusive 60 lbs + flatheads that roam the Missouri river.

Josh

No.1 Hoyt
March 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I use Sony's It s worked great for me its my favorite type I also like using bluegill cut bait.:)

ban_t
April 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Blue gills are great bait I use them also, In the Spring when the shad move up the rivers & Herring I use a cast net at several locations. To catch them and try too keep a few alive in a live well, freeze the rest in river water. To keep them freash as possiable. It works very well after the runs of shad and herring. That and we catch as many bluegills as we can also for cut bait. Plus using what ever stink bait we make too try and bring them in too.

Soilarch
April 22nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
I keep things real simple:

*Buy a 1pound tub of chicken livers ($1 at our grocery store).
*Put 2 spoons full of minced garlic in there.

Of course, you can add any other "goodies" you want.

Using liver is tricky at first, until you figure out how to keep in on the hook.

You can't let this simple recipe "age" too much. The livers just turn to soggy goo and you've no hope of keeping it on the hook.