Archery Talk Forum banner

Removing a string

1K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Redmist 
#1 ·
I was watching a clip of video from LeEarl's DVD. It showed you could take apart a bow without a press. Now this is super handy, and I am wondering on my Hoyt bows if I can do that?

#10 ·
Check out the Bowmaster portable press, pretty handy little tool to have around. I remember seeing a post a couple days ago about someone was selling a press similar to the bowmaster, maybe someone else will know who that is...

#11 · (Edited)
GRIV showed a technique in his tuning video of partially pulling the string and inserting an allen wrench in the cam so he could shorten/lengthen his bow string to fine tune his draw length. He did not take apart the bow.

#19 ·
I have heard of guys removing the Hoyt limb bolts (they are usually around 2 1/2" long) and replacing them with longer ones that would reach the bottom of the limb bolt holes. They could then break the bow down by backing them out. I have not done it to any of mine, though.

#21 ·
Puttin a allen wrench(or anything) in a hole in the cam while being the string is being pulled back has been arround forever BUT if you look close you'll see where it is chewing up the cam.If I was out on a trip and needed to take the pressure off my string or lose the trip then yes I would, but otherwise no,it does do damage to the cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.