PDA

View Full Version : look what i cought today

archerycharlie
March 28th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Was sitting on my dock today fishing for catfish when i cought this 30in 14#13oz bugle mouth bass.:wink:

Then a little later i cought this big ole snapper turtle. I would have weighed it but hard to do when they are trying to bite ya:mg: AC

Phoenix34
March 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Great catches!! Those snappers are some mean dudes!

Treething
March 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
mmmm turtle soup!

RCL
March 28th, 2007, 11:45 PM
mmmm turtle soup!

:nod: :tongue: :hungry:

fn257
March 29th, 2007, 01:12 AM
HaHa! that's funny! I didn't know what a bugle mouth bass was. Seems I have caught a few of them myself. That big ole turtle would bite your finger off in a heartbeat.

Mark

Matt / PA
March 29th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I LOVE turtle soup........:) And that looks like a pot full right there!

Serious question though..........how in the world do you clean one and where is the meat coming from, the legs? Not too up on turtle anatomy.

I think that everytime I'm eating some turtle soup....."What part of the turtle is this?" LOL

ARCHERYSNOB
April 5th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Us Yankees call them Carp.

Donhudd
April 5th, 2007, 04:11 AM
I LOVE turtle soup........:) And that looks like a pot full right there!

Serious question though..........how in the world do you clean one and where is the meat coming from, the legs? Not too up on turtle anatomy.

I think that everytime I'm eating some turtle soup....."What part of the turtle is this?" LOL

I have never had turtle soup but i have had fried in butter turtle.. The source of the meat is obvious after pealing the shell off. Start by cutting the head off and disposing of it. Turn the turttle on its back and start cutting.

you will find several texture/color of meat. The old folks claim that there are 7 different flavors of meat in one turtle.

camotoe
April 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Turtle soup is the best! Don't pass it up! (I like your name for the carp, too by the way...gonna start using that, myself!)