PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Legend LakeFinder

Hakob
April 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I recently bought a Garmin Legend and am looking to get a couple additions for it. I am mostly curious if anybody knows the difference between the lake maps for Minnesota upgrade compared to the "inland lakes" upgrade. The "inland lakes" contains a much larger area; but does it have less detail or fewer lakes?

It's only about $10 more expensive for the "inland lakes"....that's why I'm wondering. I'm going to be mostly in Minnesota but sometimes I wander out to surrounding states.

As long as I'm posting, does anybody know about the road maps? I haven't looked into them yet but I want to get some more specific road maps on there too.

HNSB
April 30th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'm not familiar with the inland lakes map...

I have a Lowrance IFinder H20 with the Lakemaster (MN) chip. It shows pretty much EVERY road in the state, as well as most of Wisconsin, and part of the Dakotas. The lake maps are topo maps for the larger, or more popular lakes. The smaller lakes only show the lake boundary.

I absolutely love this thing. Not only is it great for fishing, I also use it all the time when I'm driving around on backroads. I haven't found a road yet that's not on the map. (well, except for a couple that were just put in within the last year)

If you like Geocaching, this is also a great unit for that. It's awesome to punch in a waypoint and have it show up on the map. No more simply following an arrow. You know exactly what road the waypoint is on, as well as what the close cross-streets are.

Sorry I can't help you on the Inland Lakes map though...