PDA

View Full Version : Good night of fishin'

Brown Hornet
April 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Well I decided to go fishing after work today.....they are calling for rain the rest of the week.

Well To say I had a good night is an under statement. I got to the water at about 6:00 and it stopped fishing at 7:30:wink:

Well let's just say that I had a run in about 15-20 mins and I caught 7 largemouth all over 4 lbs with the biggest going 7 lbs:eek:

They were just hammering a slow rolled a white Colorodo bladed spinnerbait.....but they were REALLY HAMMERING a Zoom Lizard.:wink:

Good thing someone came up with the idea of putting a camera in my phone because I was by myself.....unfortunatley a bunch of the pics didn't come out so I couldn't upload them all.:cry: But the Potomac is heating up:wink:

Brown Hornet
April 23rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
more.....

doctariAFC
April 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Well done! Well done, indeed!

Yeah, the lizards this time of year are deadly. Salamanders are notorious nest raiders, seeking freshly laid eggs to dine on. When the bass hit their pre-spawn and into the spawn, nest guarding becomes a priority, and they will hammer anything that gets near their nests. Not necessarily to eat it, simply to remove it from the nest area.

I've seen some video of how a pre to full spawn bass will grab a lizard, carry it a ways from the nest and then spit it out.

Lizards in the spring are deadly!

Great job....

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well done! Well done, indeed!

Yeah, the lizards this time of year are deadly. Salamanders are notorious nest raiders, seeking freshly laid eggs to dine on. When the bass hit their pre-spawn and into the spawn, nest guarding becomes a priority, and they will hammer anything that gets near their nests. Not necessarily to eat it, simply to remove it from the nest area.

I've seen some video of how a pre to full spawn bass will grab a lizard, carry it a ways from the nest and then spit it out.

Lizards in the spring are deadly!

Great job....

You are correct I used to use Zoom lizards all the time years ago during this time of the year. I went away from them and then this weekend I found 2 bags of them that have to be about 6 years old atleast. Well the fish didn't know they weren't new.:wink:

But the funny thing is I caught 4 of the bigger fish from the same piece of cover on 5 cast. They were stacked up on it like it was post spawn.

All I know is I am glad that I changed the line on that rod yesterday...... because I had 8 lb line on my spinning rod I caught most of them on. :eek: Including the 7 lber. But that's why it pays to have good equipment.:wink:

Punch_Master
April 24th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah and maybe someday it might actually be safe to handle or eat something you take out of the Potomac River. :D
Nice fish.

Flip Flop
April 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I call photoshop :wink:

Glad to see you fish better than ya shoot!

I'll tell ya we gotta fish alot for anything over 4#, that looks like a hellava hour and a half of fishin!

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I call photoshop :wink:

Glad to see you fish better than ya shoot!

I'll tell ya we gotta fish alot for anything over 4#, that looks like a hellava hour and a half of fishin!

If it was a target you could call photo shop:wink: But your boy can fish.

Actually the hour and a half sucked....the wind was blowing like crap (when the wind got behind me if I caught it right I could almost spool my baitcast reel with a 3/8 oz spinner bait:eek:)....it was just last half hour that was great.

But now you know why I can't shoot anymore. I was going fishing last year everyday and not shooting. I was on the water 6 days a week almost last year....even when I did shoot or play golf I went fishing in the afternoon.:wink:

Flip Flop
April 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hey you have fishing and I have bull riding in bars........

as long as you stick ta what your good at life is grand!

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hey you have fishing and I have bull riding in bars........

as long as you stick ta what your good at life is grand!

You are right....but the only thing I have ever hurt fishing is a shin, or a toe on a rock when wadding for smallies or sore wrist and arms from catching to many:wink:.

You are breakin wrist ish' bull ridin'...if that is good I don't want to see bad.:eek:

But my shooting will come back around shortly.:wink:

Flip Flop
April 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
But my shooting will come back around shortly.:wink:[/QUOTE]

No doubt in my mind about that buddy!

Maybe a S-4 with a zebco 808 on the stab would be the best of both worlds:rolleyes:

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM

No doubt in my mind about that buddy!

Maybe a S-4 with a zebco 808 on the stab would be the best of both worlds:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I won't touch a Zebco.....

rdneckhntr
April 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
You are right....but the only thing I have ever hurt fishing is a shin, or a toe on a rock when wadding for smallies or sore wrist and arms from catching to many:wink:.

You are breakin wrist ish' bull ridin'...if that is good I don't want to see bad.:eek:

What about a hook in a finger...or anywhere else:eek: ... Its sad that last time I took my littlest brother I remembered why I havent fished near him for so long:rolleyes:

semobow
April 24th, 2007, 07:35 PM
The bass have really turned on here in Missouri too. I caught 34 Friday evening and 15 more Sat evening including an 8 pounder. Gotta love this time of year!!!!

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 09:27 PM
What about a hook in a finger...or anywhere else:eek: ... Its sad that last time I took my littlest brother I remembered why I havent fished near him for so long:rolleyes:

I save that for other people....

It keeps my buddies from trying to get to close when I get into them or join me on MY side of the boat.:wink:

obsessedLSS
April 25th, 2007, 12:56 AM
very nice, them fish look really healthy....:cocktail: