PDA

View Full Version : Handle Kit

Brown Hornet
April 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Anyone know where I can get handle kits for spinning rods? I have a rod that I have had for a long time and the rod is in great shape and the action is perfect and I just can't find another rod that is "perfect" like this one in feel, stiffness and action. It has a Tenn handle on it that is in need of replacing. i would really like to get another Tenn handle but also would like to get my hands on some Loomis style handles.

Anyone know where to find them. If I can find the handles I like I would more then likely start making my own rods.

J.C.
April 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Don't know if this is what you're looking for but there's tons of this kinda stuff at Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/subcategory/subcategory-index.jsp.7_A&_DAV=&returnPage=&rid=&returnQueryString=&navAction=push&navCount=1&parentId=&id=cat20366&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20200

hooknlargemouth
April 24th, 2007, 11:52 PM
jannsnetcraft.com thats who I get all my stuff from. :wink:

cetorP
May 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Mudbug is a rod building warehouse that stocks everything, blanks, guides, handles wrapping thread, epoxy, you name it- built a loomis crappie rod last year with a tenn handle- when you know exactly what you want, you will never find a pre-maid rod that will suit you.

Brown Hornet
May 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Mudbug is a rod building warehouse that stocks everything, blanks, guides, handles wrapping thread, epoxy, you name it- built a loomis crappie rod last year with a tenn handle- when you know exactly what you want, you will never find a pre-maid rod that will suit you.

You got that right. I can get the rod action I want but hate the handles and vice versa.

I had been to Mudbug a few years ago.....but I couldn't remember the name of the place. Thanks :darkbeer:

looks like my ole standby is getting an update:wink: and maybe I will try and make a new spinnerbait rod.:wink: