PDA

View Full Version : How much longer will Mikey Waltrip last

N.H. Bowstalker
April 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I cannot believe yet again Talladega and Mikey is going home. The sponsers must be about fedup and I think Mikey's future is in real jeopardy. Toyota over estimated their ability in cup cars most likely due to their truck presence and I have to wonder how committed they really are. Mikey sure picked a bad time with the COT changes and Rheutimann is making him look bad every week. I think the Toyota's SUCK and with all the drivers that have experience and past success stuggling it tells the story. Toyota needs to step up before its too late for Mikey if it isn't already. Between Mikey's suspicious accident, the fuel issue and the week after week of going home, it sure isn't looking good. Mikey should have stuck with DEI is they would have let him. I like Mikey, he's a little off center but I think he's pretty much a standup guy. Maybe Mikey should try to let someone else qualify the car to see if its all him or all the car. They could let mikey get in after the first caution or a hundred laps and see if he could drive the car as well. Then again maybe Mikey is afraid of the results and afraid he would lose sponsers and Toyota support if he didn't step down as driver. Sad part is the cars are all so close its a game of thousnath's of a second to starting in the top ten to going home and mikey usually isn't off by much.

Tomarri
April 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM
stick a fork in him.... he's done

Mike05
April 29th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I do not think Mikey is through, if you look at his time he would be starting 20th based on time. the way nascar sets the field I feal is a little screwed up but it is what it is. Why don't they just take the fastest 43 cars?

Team Hoyt PA
April 29th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I do not think Mikey is through, if you look at his time he would be starting 20th based on time. the way nascar sets the field I feal is a little screwed up but it is what it is. Why don't they just take the fastest 43 cars?

because it makes sense. But actually the current system isn't bad either.

Won't bother me if Waltrip is through. Although I'm sure he's hardly tapped out yet. And Toyota is hardly done as well.
Next year the'll get talent instead of senior drivers who are has beens or never was.

IMO Redbull is the only Toyota team out there that might possibly have something next year. They have young drivers and won't have to doubt their ability. Also have Doug Richert as a crew chief.

AdvanTimberLou
April 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Toyota picked the wrong teams to showcase their cars.

I do beleive if Hendrick, Childress, or even Gibbs had moved over to Toyota they would have won by now. Picked the wrong teams and to make Mikey the flagship team was really the wrong decision.

I think NAPA will be leaving soon too, you pay money to be in that race on Sunday and to see their commercials and no car on the track you know another team will approach them and promise both!

Plus the COT deal is something Toyota thought they would be better at, and if you know anything about Toyota they pride themselves on engineering.

Go Ford, Go Dodge, Go Chevy, Go HOME TOYOTA!!!!! :grin:

April 29th, 2007, 10:48 PM
It would be kind of funny if they went back to the DEI operation and sponsored the #15 car. With Paul Menard... Those were NAPA's good days with the 15 car...

HNSB
April 30th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Waltrip has to return money to NAPA for every race he doesn't qaulify...

I'm sure that adds up after awhile.

AdvanTimberLou
April 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Waltrip has to return money to NAPA for every race he doesn't qaulify...

I'm sure that adds up after awhile.

They sure do get in the commercials during a race don't they? Every one is either NAPA or Dominoes!! :grin:

I see NAPA going elsewhere, there is being loyal and there is being seen on TV on Sundays.

Mikey needs help, maybe a driver in the 55 can help and not him! Hard to be an owner/driver. Ask Ricky Rudd, last successful one was Kulwicki but times have changed!!!

Lou

HNSB
April 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Just last week MW did an interview where he stated that he really feels that no one has a better shot of qualifying the 55 than he does. He has no intention of trying another driver.

Too bad.

adamfigge
April 30th, 2007, 10:24 PM
They sure do get in the commercials during a race don't they? Every one is either NAPA or Dominoes!! :grin:

Lou

they have to have commercials when there car cant make a race :wink:

beakerello
May 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
now what is funny is the napa commercial where the dude tells him he'll turn down the amp if mickey will drive faster.