PDA

View Full Version : Kistler Rods

Brown Hornet
May 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
Well for those that have them or have tried them....what say yee.

I am in the market for a few new rods and right now it is between Kistler and couple others.....

I have never seen or touched a Kistler but I hear nothing but good things about them.

hooknlargemouth
May 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
I was gonna buy one this winter, But the guy at gander mtn. said their back bone is a little weak for flippin. but since you like spinnerbaits, I think you'll be ok. Get on their website I think they will build one any way you want it. G loomis makes a nice spinnerbait rod 7'1'' I sold mine last summer on ebay got tired of dusting it off.

Brown Hornet
May 2nd, 2007, 11:58 AM
I was gonna buy one this winter, But the guy at gander mtn. said their back bone is a little weak for flippin. but since you like spinnerbaits, I think you'll be ok. Get on their website I think they will build one any way you want it. G loomis makes a nice spinnerbait rod 7'1'' I sold mine last summer on ebay got tired of dusting it off.

Loomis rods are good but they are WAY over priced....there are plenty of rods that are just as good on the market for a bit cheaper. You are paying for the name with them IMHO.

The reports that I have read on Kistler say that they have a just as good or better spines then the Loomis:wink:

I don't do much flipping and pitching....atleast not like I like to.....no boat.:wink:

hooknlargemouth
May 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
The thing that keeps me with loomis is where if I break a rod, In 2 days a new one will be at my door..Ive snapped a four year old rod, 50 bucks and 2 days later..New rod Kistler spinnerbait rod $330 loomis $200 :smile: Not a fanboy either !!!! :tongue:

Brown Hornet
May 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Actually Kistler has 4 spinnerbait rods.....

Graphite Plus.........$130
Magnesium TS.......$180
Helium LTA ..........$230
Helium 2 LTX ........$330

The warranties are about the same....but after 4 years if a rod snaps I would hav eno problem paying for another if I had to.:wink:

hooknlargemouth
May 2nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
Youll be happy either way both great companies :wink:

Brown Hornet
May 2nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Youll be happy either way both great companies :wink:

That is for sure.:wink:

I have been putting off buying a Loomis spinning rod for about 3 years. I love their Bronzeback line....the handle is great (if I could find one I would replace a couple handles on other rods:wink: )

Who knows I may end up with a Loomis.....but I also got a chance to mess with the Quantum Sig series rods....KVD's spinnerbait rod is VERY nice as well.

Ok someone needs to send me these rods to play with on the water. I only need 1 or 2 outings with each rod:wink: :darkbeer: