PDA

View Full Version : Any Good river lures

Floridarcher
May 13th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Now i can fish lakes real good with real and artificial lures.Catch plenty o'bass
But when i go up rivers i can only catch with real live bait

So any one who fishes southern rivers got any suggestions

Brown Hornet
May 15th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I actually think it is easier to catch fish in a river then in a lake. There aren't as many "ideal" locations for fish.

Are you fishing free flowing river that have constant current, or tidal waters?

brandon78
May 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Rebel crawdads work great around here, not the little tiny ones but the bigger ones...

rdneckhntr
May 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Texas Rigged tube....slayed em yesterday...

myrmidon
May 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM
When I lived in Cocoa beach , Fl I used to slay the redfish and sometimes the snook with a Zara Spook . Change colors to accomodate the sunlight intensity of the day .
Good Luck

301fps
May 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM
The first thing you need to do look for breaks in the current...these are hot spots for bass...and other fish as well. Locate these spots and then fish them slow.....tubes, jigs, craws and even a drop shot rig work very well. On a windy day with some sun, a spinner will work well also.

Hornsgalore
May 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM
This is TRUTH!!!! not just what I think. the Bandit splatter back 200 series is #1 river crankbait. look for breaks in structure, muddy bank with mudline next to rocks. eddy currents and fast depth changes. I fish the Tn river every year and we catch 100's of bass, largemouth, smallmouth, whites, stripe and even sauger all on the splatterback. Here are two pics of some the Stripper we caught from this April.