PDA

View Full Version : G5 Optix sights

ScottS71
May 16th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Just wondering how many of you guys/gals have used them?

Let me hear the good and bad about them. I'm thinking about buying a set.

Thanks
Scott.

ks_kiwi
May 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I dont own one but I was considering them - I read a few reviews where owners claimed that they were noisey. That may also have been last years model...

rudy78
May 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I have one and like it. It is very bright. You have to make sure everything is tight so you don't get noise. When I first shot it I thought I had everything tight, but it was loud. I kept tapping the sight trying to pin point the noise and figured out I needed to tighten more screws, that I didn't realize were loose, now it is fine.

ScottS71
May 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I dont own one but I was considering them - I read a few reviews where owners claimed that they were noisey. That may also have been last years model...

Do you remember what model's they were? The LE, ME, or the SE models

txarcherfm
May 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I have the 2007 LE on my bow and it is silent and accurate. It was very easy to setup and tune. The only item that you must be careful with is to make sure that when tightening, you tighten lightly on the microadjust lock down screw AND the micro adjust screw as well. If you fail to tighten both screws you could have noise, and if you even barely over tighten them you could shear off the lock down screw from the pin.

I did accidently over tighten the lock down screw, and G5 took care of it in 3 days. They sent me 4 new screw sets for the pins at no charge. All it took was one phone call. I was highly impressed with the customer service of G5.

edited:
added the model year of the site.

Rugby
May 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I am shooting the ME. Shot three deer this year with it on the bow. Best sight I have used to date. I like the size of the housing and solid housing. The meta peep hunter 1/4" is the perfect size peep for me to use with the ME.

I have not noticed any noise coming from the sight. The sight light is a great feature as well.

The pins are easy to see. The sight is also very easy to adjust, very precise and accurate.

findog
May 16th, 2007, 06:35 PM
They need to have good customer sevice. My optics broke on two different LE models I tried. They are cool looking sites, but that doesn't help when your in the field and neither does customer service. They did call me back about the problem, but that was after I went with another brand.

ScottS71
May 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
This is alot of great info, thanks. Anyone else have experience with these particular sights?

Fletcher D
June 5th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I love my Optix ME. The floating 4th pin is awesome. The LED light is much more sturdy than others and mine is dead silent. Also, the precision adjustments screw are very handy when trying to move that 40 yard group 1.5 inches right.

I liked my Trophy Ridge Matrix, but wanted to try this one.

ScottS71
June 5th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I got my Optix LE sights in on the 24th of May. And all I can say is WOW...I really do like these sights and the adjustment's are easy to make and it's very quiet. Thanks for all your guys info it helped me make my mind up and I'm very glad I got these sights. I did have one small problem with the sight pin set screw, I did tighten one up too tight and I broke the screw. I sent G5 an email and told what I had done and in 3 days I had 3 extra set screws in the mail at no cost to me. Their customer service was outstanding. It took only a few minutes to change out the set screw and I was ready to shoot again.

**NOTE** The fine micro adjustments on the sights can cause sever arrow damage...LOL
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/ScottS71/RobinHood1006.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/ScottS71/RobinHood1007.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/ScottS71/RobinHood1005.jpg