PDA

View Full Version : my first muskie

mtn. archer
June 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
caught this one last weekend 18# 39".i know it is small compaired to whats up north but its a nice one for virginia.took me awhile before i landed one in the boat

sharpshooter60
June 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
congrats on your first toothy critter

mike2112
June 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I look forward to getting my first one as well. Some day it will happen. Then again, last year I caught my first northern and walleye.

Have a good spot picked out for sturgeon when the season comes round for a 50+ incher too.

Mike

Cutt'em Jack
June 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Mtn. Archer,
Congrats on your first muskie. Stop fishing for them or you'll be hooked for life. Next time, release that bad boy so it'll be 40 plus inches and meaner the next time you hook em.

mtn. archer
June 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
this is the only one ill take he was my first and it was a nice one so he is going on the wall .i usually practice catch and release but this one i just had to take sorry being greedy.it was freakin awsome feeling on my first,:RockOn: just like sending a shaft thru a nice buck

3D-GURU
June 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You will not be sorry. There is nothing wrong with keeping one like that to mount, especially since it was your first. Most of us set a size when we start out for the "ONE" that we will keep and get mounted. For me it was my first over 45", which happened to be a 48" that I caught on my parents' anniversary. I have caught a few over 50" since then, but that fish means alot to me.

Way to go,

Rob

Brown Hornet
June 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Sweet....I caught my first one a few weeks ago. It wasn't that nice though. Where did you catch it?

hoyt bowhunting
June 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Congrats on the musky. I still havent cought one yet.
matt

Cutt'em Jack
June 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Mtn. Archer,
Keeping your first muskie is okay by me. I didn't mean to sound to critical. Congrats again and go get some more. It WILL get into your blood! You've been forwarned!!