PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fisherman

mtboho
June 20th, 2007, 12:30 AM
What do the majority of you all fish for? I guess what I mean is, Igo fishing for walleyes so Ican get some 18-20 inch eaters and hope to catch the biggin as well. iwatch alot of bass fishin shows but have yet to see anyone keep any. If you watch Walleye shows the yusually keep eating size. So I guess two questions then what is a good eating size if you do keep them?

Paul S.
June 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I fish mainly for largemouths. When I'm bass fishing I'm after the biggest ones I can find. I throw big baits and allthough I might get fewer bites in a given day, the fish are usually quality fish. I don't keep bass either, if I want fish to eat, I fish for walleyes or panfish.:wink:

Tarheeler
June 20th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I fish mainly for largemouths. When I'm bass fishing I'm after the biggest ones I can find. I throw big baits and allthough I might get fewer bites in a given day, the fish are usually quality fish. I don't keep bass either, if I want fish to eat, I fish for walleyes or panfish.:wink:

Me too__--__Throw all bass back
If I want some good eats its crappie bream Waccamaw(white) perch

rcmjr
June 20th, 2007, 07:51 AM

yup!

Yankee Troller
June 20th, 2007, 09:58 AM
BASS ARE POISONOUS!:vom: Throw them all back! That is so I can catch them in a tournament.:wink:

stump water
June 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
i love to eat bass, keep all of them

tcooll77
June 20th, 2007, 11:58 AM
im a catch and release fan unless its a bucket of perch

dbertram85
June 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I would never keep a bass unless i was getting it mounted. if i got a good walleye i would definently be bringing home to eat.

bowshooter73
July 24th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Looks like nobody keeps the Bass they catch, to include me. An old guy out to the lake seen me throwing back a couple of bass. He told me I was missing out on some good eatin'. 8-13" there abouts are the ones he told to take if I were going to keep any to eat.

doctariAFC
July 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh, I dunno. I'd say 80% of the bass I catch I release, if not moreso.

HOWEVER..... A smallmouth taken from colder waters is awfully tasty! Not quite walleye calibur, but very good.... Especially with parmesan, garlic and butter.....

But my preference is walleye, no doubt about it.

muzzyguy16
August 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
bass all the way

GuinnessGood
August 8th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Bass and bluegill all year, crappie and hybrids in the spring time. Fish out of a float tube most of the time, best fishing trips ever!

Y-POPEYE-Y
August 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
yeah i fish bass as well....i throw em all back even the big ones i catch....in hopes one day another year i can pull em up again an win another bet with my buddy he hee... i live in new hampshire so anything over five pound is huge for us.. down south ten pounders are normals... god i would love to reel in a ten pounder

Brown Hornet
August 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM
yeah i fish bass as well....i throw em all back even the big ones i catch....in hopes one day another year i can pull em up again an win another bet with my buddy he hee... i live in new hampshire so anything over five pound is huge for us.. down south ten pounders are normals... god i would love to reel in a ten pounder

10lbs aren't normal down south.....:wink:

You gotta go to El Salto for that kind of avg for most people.:wink:

But I throw em all back.....but I think smallies taste MUCH better then largemouth.....but I haven't kept any of them in a REAL long time about 95 or so.

Zen Archery
August 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM
i primarily bass fish but dont cont consider them to be as good of an eater compaired to stripers, perch, and crappie

when you do catch a nice one bust out the camera

OKhunter
August 9th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Crappie is the best eating ive had. Bass that are 1.5lbs or smaller will probably be the best.

FloridaHunter99
November 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM
You guys are crazy bass is delicious bread them in Italian bread crumbs and fry them= AWSOME!But like alott of u said i dont always keep them depends on how hungry i am lol

Unkljohn
November 13th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I have a lake we manage for BIG bass, any under 2 lbs we keep and the bigger ones go back to live another day. I would say it's working pretty well, here are a few from this summer.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/Image026.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/Image007.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/Image004.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/Image003.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/willsfish.jpg

crankin
November 15th, 2007, 06:04 PM
i fish the mid-lower Chesepeake Bay here in MD so rockfish(stripers for all you non maryland boys), blues, spanish mackeral... depending on the time of year throw in some flounder and weakfish etc

semobow
November 15th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I catch and release bass. I catch and keep crappie.

Kevin M
December 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM
99% of the time I fish for bass, and usually it is to pre-fish for a tournament or the tourny itself. I release all of the largemouth and smallmouth. However, when I catch white bass, stripers, catfish, crappie, or the rare walleye they get the 'release to the grease'.

Crappie chaser
December 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM
We catch anough crappie and gills that we put all the bass and cats back for the guys that like them better.:set1_fishing:

UCNYbowhunter
February 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I catch and release.I do alot of Smallie fishing now on the wallkill river near me wade fishing gave up the tournements cause it got to cut throat.Alos it stopped being fun.If i go fishing to eat i stop and pick up a hero before hitting the water

armyboy
February 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM

where do you go fishing, lake jordan?

welder1
February 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM
On my home lakes, Hartwell, site of this weekend's Bassmaster Classic and Keowee, site of the Women's championship, I never keep largemouth. I always hope to go back and catch them in a tournament. Spotted, or Kentucky bass, on the other hand are different.They are overtaking both lakes. If I want to eat bass, Keowee is chock full of 12-14" spots. You can not fish these little peckerheads out. All over that lake, if you throw a jerkbait out, it will have a school of 8" spots swarming it.

dx2
February 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM
sheesh, I guess so. I fish for bass as well and mostly catch and release. the smaller ones taste just as good or better than crappie in my opinion.

I have a lake we manage for BIG bass, any under 2 lbs we keep and the bigger ones go back to live another day. I would say it's working pretty well, here are a few from this summer.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/Unkljohn/Image026.jpg

muzzy125acc
February 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I fish for anything that will bite:D