PDA

View Full Version : Milk???good Or Bad

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I was reading the thread on diet drinks and someone mentioned milk and thier children.I used to do more about eating right and excercising but havent been latley.BUT............I've spent some time in the library years ago researching nutriton on my own and found that milk does not do a body good.

One of the best books I read was ''FIT FOR LIFE''.The authors last name was Diamond.and basically said that milk was toxic to the respiratory system.that we as young children loose enzymese it takes to digest milk especially cows milk.ask any respiratory therapist and they'll tell you that anyone in the hospital with bronchill(spelling) problems that they will take them off all dairy products.so since I read the book in 1990 I haven't been a mild drinker since.I do have an ocassional bowl of cereal or ice cream of course.

The book was one of the best I've read as he explains what just about every kind of food does in the body.and how we should properly combine our meals and eat certain things at certain times of the day.

for example........4am to 12pm.we should only eat fruit cause its nearly 100% pre digested so the body doesnt have to exert any energy for digesting and therefore the energy is targeted towards detoxification.then from about 12pm till 8pm porperly combined meals.meaning lean meats and vegatables together only.

do not eat fruit after a meal because it requires no digesting so therefore it sits and ferments on top of the other food while digesting and may cause indigestion.

no drinking while eating and if you do no more than 4 ounces of water.too much water can dilute your digestive enzymes which water is used to dilute some of the strongest acids there is.

DO NOT combine more than 2 concentrated foods at one time.anything that is not a fruit or a vegetable is a concentrated food.example.................. ..steak and potato's.
if you are having meat with your vegies do not combine it with another concentrated food.......rice,posta,potato,b read,nuts,etc.meat and vegies only.therfore proper digestion takes place in 2 to 4 hours instead of 8 to 12.

the body secretes 2 enzymes.one to digest a protien and one to digest a starch.if the 2 are secreted at the same time they nutralize each other so therforre no digestion or very little takes place.so the body keeps dumping more and exerting more energy to digest an improperly combined meal and now you feel like taking a nap!!:rolleyes:

after 8pm nothing other than fruit and your are supposed to wait at leat 2 hrs after a meal to eat fruit.

the 3 cycles of the body are as follows
#1. the detox cycle.average occurance is from 4am to 12pm.
#2. the appropriation cycle.....from 12pm to 8pm
#3. the assimilaton cycle......from 8pm to 4pm.

the times are on average for everyone.

if you are going to eat anything other than a properly combined meal after 12pm like a piece of cake or some sort of snake it should be eatin alone.AND at least 2 hrs after a properly combined meal!!

our saliva is aklakinic and not acidic.our saliva and our teeth and our digestive system were not designed for tearing or digesting meat.mainly for fruits, nuts and vegetables.

now i still eat meat but i try only with vegetables and fill much better afterwards.the book tells you what sugar,alcahol,milk,meat,vegeta bles,chocolate,and just about everything else that we ingest does in our bodies.I've read other books by nutrisionist that pretty much say the same thing.

detoxing the body daily or at least monthly would probably keep most of us from ever getting sick or terminaly ill.

well thats my $.02 for the day.I must get back to work.wish i could say more:wink:

have a blessed day:)

stump water
June 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
dont beleive everthing you read

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
dont beleive everthing you read

well maybe so.........but a # of nutrisonist agree on a lot of the same things.

BareBack Jack
June 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I do belive milk is not good for you.
I had ear problems and respitory problems when I was young(6 sets of tubes and asthma)I eventualy out grew the problems.
One of my twin boys has a seiriuos problems with dairy products,we keep him totaly off of milk(he get ice cream now and again),but other than that no cheese,no yogurt,no milk.
I have 2 sisters that are deaf from the ear infections they had when young,and that has been added to milk alergies.My parents didn't know at the time (or the times 60's) that milk was damaging.They were lucky enough to find out befor me and my brother lost our hearing.
So thats my take on milk,I rather drink calcium rich OJ instead.
BBJ

ciscokid
June 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I hear what you are saying but, I always like to travel back into the past.

What were they drinking besides water back in the day? They turned out fine.. i think! :noidea:

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM

What were they drinking besides water back in the day? They turned out fine.. i think! :noidea:

how do youi know they turned out fine.you dont.im just telling you what the facts are about milk and the human body.look at the obesity in america today.
all the fast foods and sugary processed products.NOT GOOD

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I do belive milk is not good for you.
I had ear problems and respitory problems when I was young(6 sets of tubes and asthma)I eventualy out grew the problems.
One of my twin boys has a seiriuos problems with dairy products,we keep him totaly off of milk(he get ice cream now and again),but other than that no cheese,no yogurt,no milk.
I have 2 sisters that are deaf from the ear infections they had when young,and that has been added to milk alergies.My parents didn't know at the time (or the times 60's) that milk was damaging.They were lucky enough to find out befor me and my brother lost our hearing.
So thats my take on milk,I rather drink calcium rich OJ instead.
BBJ

OJ.....agreed.the government subsidises the dairy industry as well as the beef.you think the gov is goin to educate the public on this....I doubt it.some ppl are more lactose intolerant than others.

if it was good they wouldnt make a product like dairy ease:rolleyes:

have a good OJ:wink:

ciscokid
June 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
look at the obesity in america today.
all the fast foods and sugary processed products.NOT GOOD

I agree. I can't speak from experience but i think Obesity is a choice. If you want BK or Mickey D's instead of chicken breast with veggies at home... that is your choice.

Oh yeah... the most used excuse i have heard lately is... I am just to busy to eat lunch.... in the background eating a large bag of cheetos. :eek:

They are just now starting to "look into" what the fast food industry is doing to our health. I think not thoroughly enough.

On the other side , The polititions are probably slowing down the investgations b/c the business owners were paying them off anyway. Bus. owners are claiming the reports were hurting their companies success. Well duh!

If they would have started investigating when they first started way back then they might not be here today.

pink camo
June 20th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Honestly I think they drank mostly wine! :cocktail: :tongue:

ciscokid
June 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Honestly I think they drank mostly wine! :cocktail: :tongue:

:ROFLMAO:

oh yeah and moonshine..... LOL

KRobinson
June 20th, 2007, 01:52 PM
We used to run a small dairy. Milked about 25 cows. Drank milk straight from the tank. I don't know what they do to it at the processing plant, but I can tell you I never had a problem with milk.

*wk*
June 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Simple glass of milk....good for you
Simple glass of milk with a stack of Oreo double stuff cookies...not so good

DrJAG2
June 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I worked on a dairy farm, and I can't stand milk to this day. With all the crap that goes into cows (e.g., hormones), milk just grosses me out. We go to the neighbors' house for dinner, and the adults are drinking a glass of milk. Disgusting. I just pretend ice cream has nothing to do with milk, and most times, I can convince myself. We have cut way back on all animal products and only eat "organically raised" (I have no idea what that means, ask my wife) beef. All I know is that after years of chronic ear infections and upper respiratory ailments, my children have been 100% illness free for over a year. Their pediatrician gave my wife a hard time about it, but we give them all kinds of green leafy vegetables and other sources of calcium.

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I worked on a dairy farm, and I can't stand milk to this day. With all the crap that goes into cows (e.g., hormones), milk just grosses me out. We go to the neighbors' house for dinner, and the adults are drinking a glass of milk. Disgusting. I just pretend ice cream has nothing to do with milk, and most times, I can convince myself. We have cut way back on all animal products and only eat "organically raised" (I have no idea what that means, ask my wife) beef. All I know is that after years of chronic ear infections and upper respiratory ailments, my children have been 100% illness free for over a year. Their pediatrician gave my wife a hard time about it, but we give them all kinds of green leafy vegetables and other sources of calcium.

On ''GOOD MORNIN AMERICA'' there was a 12 or 13 yr old girl with a constant bleeding issue and they couldnt find the problem so they were goin to do a hysterecromy on the little girl when the father did some research and found out that the problem was coming from the chemicals or steriods,or whatever was added to the milk.took her off ther milk and the problems gone.not so much the milk but what they are giving the cows nowaday isnt helping!

KRobinson
June 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
We didnt give our cows steroids nor do we give any other animals we raise steroids. I can't speak as to what other dairies may or may not feed their animals.

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
We didnt give our cows steroids nor do we give any other animals we raise steroids. I can't speak as to what other dairies may or may not feed their animals.

i know every dairy is not guilty of it but some are and its ashame the good have to suffer for the bad:sad:

NOTHING against the farmer who doesnt!!:)

BareBack Jack
June 20th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Cisco,
I see where you are coming from,but the other thing is we didn't have al the food mass produced.
I was watching something on the chemical break down on margrin,it cam eto find out there is one molocule seprating it from plastic,now that can't be good for you.

Look back in the day how many familes raised their own gardens,raised their own beef and had milk cow.They wern't eating stuff outa aluminum can or a box,or wrapped in wax papper and came on a truck.
there are more chemicals stuffed into a gallon of milk or bottle of pop than most pepoles kitchen cabinet.
BBJ

DrJAG2
June 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Speaking of chemicals, my grandfather was an agricultural chemist. He had THE best garden ever. You would not believe the tomatoes. Of course, when he died of liver cancer (from exposure in the labs), his shed became a superfund site.

Matt / PA
June 20th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Simple glass of milk....good for you
Simple glass of milk with a stack of Oreo double stuff cookies...not so good

WHAT!!?? When did this change!? :eek::cry:

ciscokid
June 20th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cisco,
I see where you are coming from,but the other thing is we didn't have al the food mass produced.
I was watching something on the chemical break down on margrin,it cam eto find out there is one molocule seprating it from plastic,now that can't be good for you.

:eek:

OMG

I agree.

SO what you are saying "Z" is that you are worried about getting a beer belly from drinking milk?

As much as you shoot a day.. Try running to get your arrows instead. That should do it! :wink:

Lien2
June 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
WOW. This is the first I have heard milk being blamed on hearing loss, respiratory illnesses, etc. I have been a long time chocolate milk addict and have 2 large glasses a day with lunch and supper. I love the stuff and don't suffer from any of the things mentioned above. I personally think those things were/are linked to hereditary, and any number of toxins and crap that are in the food we eat, air we breath, and things we drink, not just from milk.

Lien2

deadx
June 20th, 2007, 04:55 PM
We used to run a small dairy. Milked about 25 cows. Drank milk straight from the tank. I don't know what they do to it at the processing plant, but I can tell you I never had a problem with milk.

It is the pasteurization process but most importantly the homogenization process that makes the milk we drink now so unhealthy. If you smoke and drink milk your arteries are clogging badly,probably without you knowing it until...........:eek:

DrJAG2
June 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
You guys do realize that Donald Rumsfeld and the Zionists are behind milk, right?:wink:

I don't think it's a coincidence that my kids instantly stopped getting sick after dramatically altering their milk consumption.

Rack Tracker
June 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
OK I can over look bow brand bashing, but when you start talking bad about my bossies, I take it personal....:):)

If you don't like the way milk tastes, I can understand that, if you are lactose -intolerant, I sympathize. But don't overlook the years of nutritional research that consistantly shows milk and dairy products as nutritionally dense foods witha well earned place in a BALANCED DIET.

We are Mammals. Our digestive system evolved to process the Amino acids Carbohydrates and fats in milk.

Feb. 27, 2006 — Chocolate milk is an effective postexercise drink that improves recovery, according to the results of a small, randomized trial reported in the February issue of the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism.

"Our study indicates that chocolate milk is a strong alternative to other commercial sports drinks in helping athletes recover from strenuous, energy-depleting exercise," coauthor Joel M. Stager, PhD, from Indiana University in Bloomington, said in a news release. "Chocolate milk contains an optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio, which is critical for helping refuel tired muscles after strenuous exercise and can enable athletes to exercise at a high intensity during subsequent workouts."

Regarding obesity, here is a link (http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Healthyweight/Science.htm) to studies showing milks role in a healthy diet. These are peer reviewed, published studies.

Regarding nutrient content:
Milk has an excellent nutrient profile, providing significant amounts of high-quality protein, calcium, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin equivalents, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, and when added, vitamin D, as well as several other essential nutrients. In fact, milk is a nutrient-dense food, providing a high nutrient content in relation to its calories.
Here is a link to the nutritional breakdown of milk; (http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/nationaldairycouncil/nutrition/products/table13.pdf)

Regarding Hormones in milk here is an exerpt that I think explains the FDA's Findings on rBST.
There are several reasons why bST, which is naturally present in cow’s milk, does not have any physiological effect on humans consuming the milk. bST is species-specific, which means that it is biologically inactive in humans. Also, pasteurization destroys 90% of bST in milk. The remaining, trace amounts of bST in milk are broken down into inactive fragments (i.e., constituent amino acids) by enzymes in the human gastrointestinal tract, just like any other protein.(8,9)

Here is a LINK (http://www.fda.gov/cvm/RBRPTFNL.htm)to the FDA's Report

Much of the misinformation perported about milk is put forth by Animal Rights groups who are pushing a vegan lifestyle. I have yet to see any peer reviewed research that supports any of their claims.

lkmn
June 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
WOW. This is the first I have heard milk being blamed on hearing loss, respiratory illnesses, etc. I have been a long time chocolate milk addict and have 2 large glasses a day with lunch and supper. I love the stuff and don't suffer from any of the things mentioned above. I personally think those things were/are linked to hereditary, and any number of toxins and crap that are in the food we eat, air we breath, and things we drink, not just from milk.

Lien2

I'd have to agree with this one>>

It doesn't matter what type of milk White or Choc. As long as it's at least 1% I drink and have drank about a Gallon a week and am totally healthy. Hasn't killed me in the last 30 yrs so I think I'll stick with the milk for now..

affe22
June 20th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I'm a firm believer that milk from a cow is designed and taylored for calves and that adult Homo sapiens do not need or benefit from it. Each species' milk is taylored to the young of that species. That being said, I'm a slave to milk products such as cheese, yogurt and sour cream. I just don't drink milk ever or use it for cooking or eating. I drink and use soy milk instead.

rod251
June 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I can't say anything bad about milk as it has been good to me and my family. Check my occupation in my profile.:wink:

The company I work for does not treat their cows with rBST, which is for the better in my humble opinion. If you'll excuse me, my 2-year-old wants a glass of chocolate milk!

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 07:15 PM
OK I can over look bow brand bashing, but when you start talking bad about my bossies, I take it personal....:):)

If you don't like the way milk tastes, I can understand that, if you are lactose -intolerant, I sympathize. But don't overlook the years of nutritional research that consistantly shows milk and dairy products as nutritionally dense foods witha well earned place in a BALANCED DIET.

We are Mammals. Our digestive system evolved to process the Amino acids Carbohydrates and fats in milk.

Regarding obesity, here is a link (http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Healthyweight/Science.htm) to studies showing milks role in a healthy diet. These are peer reviewed, published studies.

Regarding nutrient content:
Milk has an excellent nutrient profile, providing significant amounts of high-quality protein, calcium, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin equivalents, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, and when added, vitamin D, as well as several other essential nutrients. In fact, milk is a nutrient-dense food, providing a high nutrient content in relation to its calories.
Here is a link to the nutritional breakdown of milk; (http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/nationaldairycouncil/nutrition/products/table13.pdf)

Regarding Hormones in milk here is an exerpt that I think explains the FDA's Findings on rBST.

Here is a LINK (http://www.fda.gov/cvm/RBRPTFNL.htm)to the FDA's Report

Much of the misinformation perported about milk is put forth by Animal Rights groups who are pushing a vegan lifestyle. I have yet to see any peer reviewed research that supports any of their claims.

yor right we are mammals but not cows.if god wanted us to drink cows milk a cow wouldve had us.our bodies cant even digest cows milk properly i dont care how many nutrients it has in it.did you know that the protien in milk...casien,is used to make some of the strongest wood glue the world.

today there is nothing you can provide to me that would make me change my mind about milk.beings i havent had a sinus infection since 1990 since i quite drinking milk.

a person may not feel that its hurting them or not making them feel bad but get off of it just for 2 weeks and then get back on it and see what happens!!

i dont trust anything the FDA has to say!!:rolleyes:

and the info is coming from professional nutristionist:)

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm a firm believer that milk from a cow is designed and taylored for calves and that adult Homo sapiens do not need or benefit from it. Each species' milk is taylored to the young of that species. That being said, I'm a slave to milk products such as cheese, yogurt and sour cream. I just don't drink milk ever or use it for cooking or eating. I drink and use soy milk instead.

correct....a cow also has 4 stomachs to handle it and its designed for very large cow bones.

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 07:24 PM
here's a good question......how come a human is the only mammal that continues to drink milk and cows milk on top of that after we are weened?

we are the only mammal that eats from all 5 food groups:confused:

the silver back gorilla is physologicaly identical to a human.same teeth,same syliva.same size stomach and same lenght intestines.but they ween thier youg off of milk and then they become vegetarians and yet they are 3 times the size of a man a 30 times stronger and live to be very old in the wild as vegetarians if they are not poached.

all mammals ween thier youg off of THIER milk!!!

so why do we drink cows milk,or eat meat when we dont have to.we can get all of our nutrients from fruits nuts and vegetables .thats what we were designed to eat and drink.........water not cows milk.....period!!!!!!!

PS.......I do eat meat!!

Rack Tracker
June 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
What it comes down to in nutrition is amino acids, carbohydrates, Vitamins, minerals, and fats required by the body. The Enzymes (proteases) that break down protein in the human stomach are the same as many enzymes in the abomasum of the cow (the 4th compartment in the Bovine stomach). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the digestive physiology of a cow, the Rumen, is non functional in the baby calf and the esophageal groove diverts milk to the abomasum and bypasses the rumen. It is only at a later age, that the rumen develops and the animal is able to digest fiberous feedstuffs such as grass and hay. The ability to digest milk is unrelated to whether an animal is a ruminant or not.

Oh, and by the way I am a professional Nutritionist. If you can discuss nutrition in relation to peer reviewed, journal published, research I'd be happy to. But to use the hearsay references you have provided to back up your assertions would be dismissed by true professionals whose opinions and research I respect. So that is what I am doing...dismissing it..'nuff said.

bigtim
June 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
processed milk is toxic as he--, I don't understand how it is even sold legally except crashing a sector of agricultural economy, I don't beleive it is fit for human consumption
there was a study done, I'll look around to see if I can find who by, but it was something like 100 mortitions surveyed stated that people embalmed in there late 30's and earlier only needed 1/2 or less of the formaldehyde used in older people because we were raised on that milk with the long shelf life instead of the same day milkman's milk so we've already got the preservatives in us...I personally have been hospitalized for some pretty serious digestive problems and getting away from store bought milk along with some other things have made a HUGE difference in my health.

zwalls
June 20th, 2007, 09:38 PM
What it comes down to in nutrition is amino acids, carbohydrates, Vitamins, minerals, and fats required by the body. The Enzymes (proteases) that break down protein in the human stomach are the same as many enzymes in the abomasum of the cow (the 4th compartment in the Bovine stomach). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the digestive physiology of a cow, the Rumen, is non functional in the baby calf and the esophageal groove diverts milk to the abomasum and bypasses the rumen. It is only at a later age, that the rumen develops and the animal is able to digest fiberous feedstuffs such as grass and hay. The ability to digest milk is unrelated to whether an animal is a ruminant or not.

Oh, and by the way I am a professional Nutritionist. If you can discuss nutrition in relation to peer reviewed, journal published, research I'd be happy to. But to use the hearsay references you have provided to back up your assertions would be dismissed by true professionals whose opinions and research I respect. So that is what I am doing...dismissing it..'nuff said.

my info came from other nutritionist that i researched in a library to find out on my own.ill will try to find all of the references that i got my info from and list it.

so basically what your telling me is that the info i got from other nutristionist is bogus.

answer my question why are humans the only mammal that continue to drink cows milk when all other mammals ween thier young from milk and then eat what they were designed to eat?

i still dont believe milk has any nutritional value to a human at all when there is other ways to get calcium and other nutrients that the body needs from fruits and vegetables

pink camo
June 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Rack Tracker....just so I'm clear (really not trying to stir the pot...just very curious and the subject fascinates me)...:wink:

Are you saying, as a professional nutritionist, that another mammals milk is perfectly designed for human health? I understand that it may not effect some people adversly, and may indeed have some benefit for some that live on fatty, carbo rich foods and never even look at a leafy green. But, would you agree that in some cases, it does effect people's (children's, to be specific) respiratory health? I just find it very coincidental that my 20 month old had chronic respiratory infections and wheezed constantly when drinking whole milk, and hasn't even sniffed since I took him off of it. He has been to several specialists and all tests were found negative. When I suggested that he have a dairy allergy, his ENT said that it is very likely and the best way to determine that it was dairy was to take him off of all kinds for 3 weeks, then give him a full glass of whole milk and document his reaction...physically and emotionally. Then repeat that process 3 times.
Again...not trying to make anyone mad...I just want to know your opinion. :wink:

BonesII
June 20th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I am a Chiropractor... and I see the effects of milk on a daily basis
if it's not chronic ear problems, respiratory problems or allergies...
We can argue all day about all the chemicals and hormones in our
milk using todays technology.... One Question??? Out of all the creatures
on this great earth why is it that humans are the only ones that need
to consume milk into our teenage and adult years... You tell me one
animal that still suckles on its mama as an adult.... If god intended
us to be still consuming milk as an adult... he would have give us the
proper enzymes to digest it... People really need to think for themselves
and realized that most of what we hear is all Marketing by big money
in government and the dairy industry...

I have nothing against farmers ... I grew up and worked on farms in
Pennsylvania...

lilblknight
June 21st, 2007, 05:32 AM
well milks been good to me, i used to drink it like crazy as a kid and when i got ran over on a regular basis on the football field i came out with no problems, those that cant drink milk do to negative reactions my heart goes out to them, i love milk and maybe a lil too much being a big guy maybe this is why im over weight or is it the oreos,softbatch cookies, or all the other junk i eat with my milk naaaaaaaaa its got to be the milk :) just picking

predator86
June 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM
i kinda skimmed through the posts but i dont think anyone brought this point up- breast reduction is the most common surgery performed on girls under the age of 24. the reason for this is because the chemicals that go into cows to make them produce more milk are making the mammary glands of young girls to also grow bigger, and the breasts of girls that age are still developing. when i was in high school you wouldn't believe the amount of girls that had "D" sized breasts or bigger. and these arent seniors that are almost in college, these are freshman and sophmores and they dont look right because the rest of their body is out of proportion compared to their breasts.

zwalls
June 21st, 2007, 08:42 AM
well milks been good to me, i used to drink it like crazy as a kid and when i got ran over on a regular basis on the football field i came out with no problems, those that cant drink milk do to negative reactions my heart goes out to them, i love milk and maybe a lil too much being a big guy maybe this is why im over weight or is it the oreos,softbatch cookies, or all the other junk i eat with my milk naaaaaaaaa its got to be the milk :) just picking
i know what ya mean.i drank it growing up cause i lived on a farm and thought it was good for me too until i found out that it wasnt.i didnt think i had any side afects from dairy products until i got off of them.thats all someone has to do is get off of dairy products for a while and then get back on them and see for ones self!!

i kinda skimmed through the posts but i dont think anyone brought this point up- breast reduction is the most common surgery performed on girls under the age of 24. the reason for this is because the chemicals that go into cows to make them produce more milk are making the mammary glands of young girls to also grow bigger, and the breasts of girls that age are still developing. when i was in high school you wouldn't believe the amount of girls that had "D" sized breasts or bigger. and these arent seniors that are almost in college, these are freshman and sophmores and they dont look right because the rest of their body is out of proportion compared to their breasts.

I've read more about diary products being damaging than good!!!so I dont doubt what you are saying!!

desertbull
June 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM
Milk is NASTY!

pink camo
June 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM

I have also read that...but the study I read said it was due to hormones "they" are injecting into chickens! Don't know if that is true...but we eat organic whenever we can! :confused:

Raven1911
June 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM

I have to whole heartedly agree with this statement. Most people do not understand the amount of pesticides and hormones that are in the meat AND vegetables you eat from the grocery store. Organic is the way to go. With so many ppl taxing out their digestive and immune systems with hormones and pesticides its no wonder why so many people are overweight and unhealthy. Did you know that commercially raising animals for meat today has completely changed the profile of the omega FA in the meat, and is adversely affecting our health? When commercially-raised animals are fed interesting items such as cardboard, newspaper, woodchips, cement dust and manure all approved by the FDA for animal feed the liver cannot handle the toxic overload and pushes the excess into fat. This causes the huge weight gain up to 30% in cattle fed cement dust. This is great for the farmer who gets paid for his animals by the pound, but not so good for the animal itself. And we consume this!

zwalls - I definitely disagree with your diet advice. Most nutritionists are the ones that got us into this overweight society today. I have come to the conclusion that in GENERAL, most nutritionists don't know what they are talking about and typically change their advice frequently, often contradicting themselves.

The best way to eat is to find what foods are best for your metabolic type. Everyone is different and digests foods differently. Most americans are eating wrong for their metabolic type, which leads to extreme weight gain.

Lien2
June 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
Has anyone thought that a specific reaction might just differ from one person to the next, and that is has nothing to do with milk? It is obvious that each individual will suffer or react differently to milk and/or any other product we take into our bodies. Myself and my kids have a lot of milk everyday, no problems whatsoever.
As far as humans being the only ones that still drink milk in later years and other animals are weened at a young age.......what does that have to do anything? We also drink beer, juice, wine, gatorade, etc, etc, etc, and no other animals do that, we also take drugs, smoke, drink alcohol and no animals do that either, we are humans for goodness sake?
I'm sure there are some people that are very overweight, smoke a pack a day, drink too much, have pizza, fast food, greasy food, food high in fat, don't exercise, blah blah blah and probably have low blood pressure and cholestorol of about 170. While others eat perfect, exercise everyday, don't smoke or drink and have high blood pressure and cholestorol of about 350. Hereditary is the key factor in all of this, and each person will have different reactions to everything, not just milk.

Lien2

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 01:18 PM
zwalls - I definitely disagree with your diet advice. Most nutritionists are the ones that got us into this overweight society today. I have come to the conclusion that in GENERAL, most nutritionists don't know what they are talking about and typically change their advice frequently, often contradicting themselves.

Raven,

Nutritionists aren't what got us into an overweight society. It's lazy people plain and simple. Sit in front of the TV, play video games, drive around in a SUV, etc.., etc... A VAST majority of people don't know what an honest hard days work is! Mowing the lawn, gardening, general house landscaping, running 5 miles isn't hard work!! That's a yupee lifestyle in the city. The fact remains for most is that if your fat....get off your arse and do something and quit stuffing your face with ho-ho's and ice cream bars.

On this milk thing...
Man, do you guys believe everything you read? And I don't care who says it. Looks at the billions of people who have drank milk over hundreds of years and then you claim isolated incidents of people who have reactions to it. Not everyone can tolerate everything, but that certainly doesn't mean that something specific is bad for you. But not that I'm going to change anyone's mind. Just my opinion.

"The only things I eat are ORGANIC". Bah! It's a very PC and cool thing to say these days isn't it? :pukey: :rolleyes: Even people that run 100 miles a day and eat perfectly day after day die at an early age.

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
Has anyone thought that a specific reaction might just differ from one person to the next, and that is has nothing to do with milk? It is obvious that each individual will suffer or react differently to milk and/or any other product we take into our bodies. Myself and my kids have a lot of milk everyday, no problems whatsoever.
As far as humans being the only ones that still drink milk in later years and other animals are weened at a young age.......what does that have to do anything? We also drink beer, juice, wine, gatorade, etc, etc, etc, and no other animals do that, we also take drugs, smoke, drink alcohol and no animals do that either, we are humans for goodness sake?
I'm sure there are some people that are very overweight, smoke a pack a day, drink too much, have pizza, fast food, greasy food, food high in fat, don't exercise, blah blah blah and probably have low blood pressure and cholestorol of about 170. While others eat perfect, exercise everyday, don't smoke or drink and have high blood pressure and cholestorol of about 350. Hereditary is the key factor in all of this, and each person will have different reactions to everything, not just milk.

Lien2

I think Lien hit is right on the head with what I highlighted. Some can do everything in their power to eat right, exercise to their hearts desire and they still might die at 45/50. Yet some will claim that is was because of some steriod filled milk, some goofy stuff injected into chickens, global warming, ice bergs melting, smog, pollution, etc... :wink: You all wouldn't happen to be liberals would ya? :) Strike that last comment. No need to reply to it.

ciscokid
June 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Raven,

Nutritionists aren't what got us into an overweight society. It's lazy people plain and simple. Sit in front of the TV, play video games, drive around in a SUV, etc.., etc... A VAST majority of people don't know what an honest hard days work is! Mowing the lawn, gardening, general house landscaping, running 5 miles isn't hard work!! That's a yupee lifestyle in the city. The fact remains for most is that if your fat....get off your arse and do something and quit stuffing your face with ho-ho's and ice cream bars.

On this milk thing...
Man, do you guys believe everything you read? And I don't care who says it. Looks at the billions of people who have drank milk over hundreds of years and then you claim isolated incidents of people who have reactions to it. Not everyone can tolerate everything, but that certainly doesn't mean that something specific is bad for you. But not that I'm going to change anyone's mind. Just my opinion.

"The only things I eat are ORGANIC". Bah! It's a very PC and cool thing to say these days isn't it? :pukey: :rolleyes: Even people that run 100 miles a day and eat perfectly day after day die at an early age.

:mg: Are you the voice in my head??? So true...

As far as organic stuff goes I like to try out the vegtables from time to time and they actually have more flavor. Not sure if that is good or bad but I like the taste. :wink:

pink camo
June 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM

I don't eat organic stuff because it's "PC"...that would be silly! Besides, it's about twice the price of the other stuff...so it would be stupid too! :wink: I eat it because 9 out of 10 times it tastes 100 times better. The fruit and veggies are WAY better, but people don't want to buy them because they aren't as "pretty". They haven't had dies injected and haven't been dunked in stuff to make them shiney...they may have a bruise or two and be misshapen (that word looks wierd!:lol:) but they taste way better! As far as beef or chicken....lean quality meat is my main concern. Deer meat is the best!!!! :tongue:
...and for the record...I'm about as conservative as they come! :)

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM
I don't eat organic stuff because it's "PC"...that would be silly! Besides, it's about twice the price of the other stuff...so it would be stupid too! :wink: I eat it because 9 out of 10 times it tastes 100 times better. The fruit and veggies are WAY better, but people don't want to buy them because they aren't as "pretty". They haven't had dies injected and haven't been dunked in stuff to make them shiney...they may have a bruise or two and be misshapen (that word looks wierd!:lol:) but they taste way better! As far as beef or chicken....lean quality meat is my main concern. Deer meat is the best!!!! :tongue:
...and for the record...I'm about as conservative as they come! :)

You know the class of people I'm talking about though Pink...Don't ya? Being the conservative you(and God love ya for it :wink:), you see and hear those people I'm sure. Eating organic is a hip thing these days. Mainly from those who I would call....cityits(city idiots). As for beef, I haven't bought beef from a store in ages. I always get a 1/2 of a cow and fill up the freezer. :tongue:

pink camo
June 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM
You know the class of people I'm talking about though Pink...Don't ya? Being the conservative you(and God love ya for it :wink:), you see and hear those people I'm sure. Eating organic is a hip thing these days. Mainly from those who I would call....cityits(city idiots). As for beef, I haven't bought beef from a store in ages. I always get a 1/2 of a cow and fill up the freezer. :tongue:

Oh totally!! I know those "kind" all too well!! What drives me nuts is talking to someone that is SO gung-ho for something and then they can't tell you why! :confused: Ya know? I think it's funny....:wink:

Speaking of 1/2 a cow...that is a TON of beef. We split a half of beef between my 2 other sisters and my parents a couple years ago (my grandad is a cattle rancher) and I couldn't believe how much meat that was! :eek: I think I still have several lbs. of ground beef in the freezer! And the $ of processing is rediculous! I'll gut my own deer all day long...but I can't imagine gutting a cow! :pukey: :lol::rolleyes:

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Oh totally!! I know those "kind" all too well!! What drives me nuts is talking to someone that is SO gung-ho for something and then they can't tell you why! :confused: Ya know? I think it's funny....:wink:

Speaking of 1/2 a cow...that is a TON of beef. We split a half of beef between my 2 other sisters and my parents a couple years ago (my grandad is a cattle rancher) and I couldn't believe how much meat that was! :eek: I think I still have several lbs. of ground beef in the freezer! And the $ of processing is rediculous! I'll gut my own deer all day long...but I can't imagine gutting a cow! :pukey: :lol::rolleyes:

Well...we eat a lot of beef at the house. ha, ha Gutting and butchering a cow is something I took part in once and never again! Not that I can't do it, but it's an entire day to cut that thing up. And gutting, well that's not any different than a deer. There's just a lot more of everything. And it's not like you can have someone hold the front legs while you break through the pelvic bone. LOL!! I'd rather pay someone to do it. But honestly, if you watch the markets...you can get a cow and processing charges a heck of a lot cheaper than buying that same meat at a grocery store!

CherryJu1ce
June 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
theres nothing wrong with milk and dairy, unless you are planning on doing competitive body building. The lactose in milk tends to absorb and store more fat, so milk and dairy should be limited to the post workout meal for those people who want to compete, when the natural sugar in the body needs to be replentished. As for someone not interested in competition, milk and dairy are fine, just try to consume more skim milk and ricotta cheese, they have inherently less fat than other cheeses like cheddar and american. Hope this helps.

pink camo
June 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Well...we eat a lot of beef at the house. ha, ha Gutting and butchering a cow is something I took part in once and never again! Not that I can't do it, but it's an entire day to cut that thing up. And gutting, well that's not any different than a deer. There's just a lot more of everything. And it's not like you can have someone hold the front legs while you break through the pelvic bone. LOL!! I'd rather pay someone to do it. But honestly, if you watch the markets...you can get a cow and processing charges a heck of a lot cheaper than buying that same meat at a grocery store!

True!! I know it's a lot cheaper...but talk about buying in bulk! :rolleyes:

DrJAG2
June 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
I don't eat organic because I'm some kind of hippie liberal know-it-all. Like Pink Camo, I eat it because it tastes better and is better for you. Grew up working on a farm with all kinds of livestock and produce. My grandfather was an ag chemist and made all kinds of fertilizers and stuff. His garden could be a superfund site right now. It's all about making the best choices for yourself. I want to eat better and feel better. That includes avoiding as many of the chemicals and hormones as I can. I know that since my family has made this lifestyle change, we have been far, far, far healthier as have the other families that have done it that we know. I'm not judging anyone who loves milk or makes their living in the diary industry. I'm just saying that dramatically lowering the dairy has made a huge difference in my family the last year. No more ear infections, no more upper respiratory infections, etc. Three kids that had lived in the MD's office for their entire lives have now gone 16 months without a single visit other than the annual checkup.

Lien2
June 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Oh no.........I had some water this morning and now I have the runs..........that's it! Water is no good for me or anyone else and I'm telling eveyone else that drinks it to stop right now!!! You will feel much better cuz I know everyone's body will react like mine. :eek:
Sorry........I had to. :zip:
To each their own though and whatever makes you feel better go with it. :wink:

Lien2

Raven1911
June 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM
I will have to say that it is the nutritionists that started everything, but have to agree that people are lazy! They wait for 30 minutes in their car out in front of a mall to get the parking spot in front! Nutritionists are telling society what is good and bad to eat. Most of us get our information from the RDA and all, which is really inaccurate.

I have no problems with milk and I agree that some people are OK on it but MOST people are not. I have problems with what is fed to the cows that make the milk. Milk does cause many respiratory and digestive problems. Most people drinking milk that have some kind of problem often times don't relate their problems to the drinking of milk. They believe it is not related. All you people saying that society has drank milk for decades without problems obviously have not paid attention to healthcare and the incidence of disease in this country. Society has also started eating tons of processed food as well for decades. Are some of you going to try and argue that people are fine eating processed foods as well? A heart attack was unheard of in the 40's. Now they are very frequent and a top killer of people in our society. It would be like putting water in your car and wondering why it doesn't work. :confused:

Arguing the point is useless on a thread like this because everyone has their opinions. All I can hope is that people try organic and see for themselves how much better they feel and what problems clear up as a result.

TAYLOR CO.
June 21st, 2007, 04:32 PM
I don't know about the study..But I have been drinking Milk all of my life, I am not fat and I breathe real good..I will continue to drink Milk, I like Milk and it likes me.:wink: Oh yeah I drink Skim Milk now..Took getting used to but it is good to me!

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
I have no problems with milk and I agree that some people are OK on it but MOST people are not. Milk does cause many respiratory and digestive problems.

If MOST people are NOT ok with drinking milk as you say or have read somewhere, then why aren't the cases that a couple have posted here more wide spread? I certainly haven't heard of them before reading this thread. But then again I don't spend my free time reading literature from nutritionalists either. With that said, don't nutritionalists..no matter how long they've been in their field....have their own opinion and voice it quite loudly? :wink: So again...believe what you wish.

Society has also started eating tons of processed food as well for decades. Are some of you going to try and argue that people are fine eating processed foods as well? A heart attack was unheard of in the 40's. Now they are very frequent and a top killer of people in our society. It would be like putting water in your car and wondering why it doesn't work.

Again...it all comes down to being lazy! People in the 40's didn't eat out...they didn't go to McD's...THEY MADE THEIR OWN FOOD AND ATE AT HOME! Simple solution...eat at home and the amount of processed foods drops dramatically. Make the right foods and they are eliminated. Why are there more processed foods? Because the demand is there! People are lazy and there isn't someone always available to spend an hour making supper like in the 40's. Nutritionists and the FDA haven't shoved that cheeseburger in someone's mouth, slapped their face with that ice cream cone. People do this stuff to themselves. Put the blame on an individual for getting fat, dieing early, etc.... It's all about taking responsibility for yourself instead of saying someone made me what I am today. That's a load of crap. But I guess that's also what society is today. It's never my fault...blame the next person.

zwalls
June 21st, 2007, 04:50 PM
I truly believe that sugar and prcessed foods and lazyness is the culprit in todays society.i grew up on a farm and had to work or else.many children today dont have as many resposibilities as i did including my own cause I dont live on a farm now so I tried to make them do whatever few chores around the house and stay involved in as many activities as possible to keep them avtive and tried to feed them the best way I know how!

BTW......I am a God fearing conservative!!

for me not having milk in my household I think has been a benefit to me and my family.just my $.02

I've found that staying in shape for me is one of 2 ways.the low carb really works great for me if i want to loose weight fast and then gradually add more complex carbs back in until I stop loosing weight.

OR.....i go at it anohter way and that is the way I mentioned at the beggining of my post.eating fruit in the mornin and then proper food combining the rest of the day meaning only lean meats and vegetables which both make me feel much better than when Im not eating totally healthy!

I know everyone has thier opinion and I do respect that..but this is works good for me and it makes me feel good and healthy.I'm one of the lucky one that has perfect blood pressure and low cholesterole.as a matter of fact the last time I really stuck to a low carb regimen my intern told me I needed to raise my cholesterole.

my total was 98
LDL's were 63
HDL's were 40 something

when i told him what I was eating everyday he couldnt believe it.be that as it may I have to admit in my getting a little older and working longer hours I totally havent kept myself in the best of shape even though I know how so its my fault and no one else's that I'm carrying around a keg instead of a 6 pack:confused:

CHAMPION2
June 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
I drink and prefer 1% milk. Think milk is good for you when you look at the nutrition( protein and calcium) it provides your body. Don't think I drink enough milk to tell ya the truth.

keb73
June 21st, 2007, 05:18 PM
...Dont quote me on this,but I think I've heard that milk does the body good....Of course,this could be a rumor....:wink:

zwalls
June 21st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Again...it all comes down to being lazy! People in the 40's didn't eat out...they didn't go to McD's...THEY MADE THEIR OWN FOOD AND ATE AT HOME! Simple solution...eat at home and the amount of processed foods drops dramatically. Make the right foods and they are eliminated. Why are there more processed foods? Because the demand is there! People are lazy and there isn't someone always available to spend an hour making supper like in the 40's. Nutritionists and the FDA haven't shoved that cheeseburger in someone's mouth, slapped their face with that ice cream cone. People do this stuff to themselves. Put the blame on an individual for getting fat, dieing early, etc.... It's all about taking responsibility for yourself instead of saying someone made me what I am today. That's a load of crap. But I guess that's also what society is today. It's never my fault...blame the next person.

I half way agree with ya.not everyone is lazy or over eats and still has a weight problem...genetics?I dont know.but for myself its more contributed to over eating.poor choice of foods and not enough activity.I know its up too me to change that for myself.our ancesters didnt have the processed foods or could afford sugar to enjoy a lot of sweets.they ate mostly meats and vegies.I was lucky enough to have grand parents and great grand parents that lived to be in thier 90's and a couple into the 100's.and they ate mostly meat and vegies.they werent mcuh on sweets.

I lost my father 2yrs ago to pancreatic cancer at 67:sad:He loved diet cokes and sweets.and from some of the research ive done on my own I belive that the 2 played a large role in his death.just my $.02:)

zwalls
June 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
...Dont quote me on this,but I think I've heard that milk does the body good....Of course,this could be a rumor....:wink:

good one!!:chortle:think I saw a sign that said that too!!

Stump Shooter
June 21st, 2007, 10:05 PM
I half way agree with ya.not everyone is lazy or over eats and still has a weight problem...genetics?I dont know.but for myself its more contributed to over eating.poor choice of foods and not enough activity.I know its up too me to change that for myself.our ancesters didnt have the processed foods or could afford sugar to enjoy a lot of sweets.they ate mostly meats and vegies.I was lucky enough to have grand parents and great grand parents that lived to be in thier 90's and a couple into the 100's.and they ate mostly meat and vegies.they werent mcuh on sweets.

I firmly believe the main word that you brought up here is genetics. Some people can hack every single food thrown at them(eat a chili-cheese dog, doritos and a mt dew at 6:00 a.m.) and some can't eat hardly anything known to man(break out in hives thinking about a snickers bar). But certainly that doesn't mean that some certain foods are bad for someone. I'm sure we've all known at least one person on both ends of the extreme and then everyone else falls in between. So with that and leading into my point a few posts ago....it's not necessarily the food that someone's eating(in this case Milk), it's the person and whether their body tolerates it is what I believe it boils down to. If dairy products is causing you or your family issues, then by all means quit it and hopefully it clears everything up for you as in DrJAG's case. But for someone to make blanket statements is a fairly bold move. My son who is 3 1/2 right now has never been to the doc for breathing issues, no ear infections and so on. He on good days probably drinks at least a half gallon of milk alone....we only allow juice for special occassions. Believe me...I'm extremely blessed to have a very healthy hellian. ha, ha

There's my last two cents on the subject. So live well and eat healthy everyone! But don't forget to toss in a fatty steak, loaded baked tator, a few cold ones and a piece of desert every once and a while. LOL

zwalls...

I'm truely sorry to hear about your father. We all have to go sometime, but it's unfortunate he had to leave you and yours so early.

Pat

zwalls
June 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM
I firmly believe the main word that you brought up here is genetics. Some people can hack every single food thrown at them(eat a chili-cheese dog, doritos and a mt dew at 6:00 a.m.) and some can't eat hardly anything known to man(break out in hives thinking about a snickers bar). But certainly that doesn't mean that some certain foods are bad for someone. I'm sure we've all known at least one person on both ends of the extreme and then everyone else falls in between. So with that and leading into my point a few posts ago....it's not necessarily the food that someone's eating(in this case Milk), it's the person and whether their body tolerates it is what I believe it boils down to. If dairy products is causing you or your family issues, then by all means quit it and hopefully it clears everything up for you as in DrJAG's case. But for someone to make blanket statements is a fairly bold move. My son who is 3 1/2 right now has never been to the doc for breathing issues, no ear infections and so on. He on good days probably drinks at least a half gallon of milk alone....we only allow juice for special occassions. Believe me...I'm extremely blessed to have a very healthy hellian. ha, ha

There's my last two cents on the subject. So live well and eat healthy everyone! But don't forget to toss in a fatty steak, loaded baked tator, a few cold ones and a piece of desert every once and a while. LOL

zwalls...

I'm truely sorry to hear about your father. We all have to go sometime, but it's unfortunate he had to leave you and yours so early.

Pat

i hear ya Pat.....the down side for me really is I have an iron clad stomach and nothing really bothers me as far as indigestion or anything like that.but getting off milk has helped me in the long run.it was good discussing the matter with you anyway.

and thanks for you condolences(spelling):)

bigtim
June 22nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
to you lien2
anyone who has taken a sip of water eventually died.

predator86
June 22nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
i eat organic food all the time, i shoot free ranging deer in the fall and that usually keeps meat in the freezer until late summer and i eat fruits and vegatables that are grown out of my garden. i look at organic food in the store and just laugh....i couldn't imagine paying those prices....

*red-ranger*
June 22nd, 2007, 09:06 AM
take my milk away or say it's not good for me, there are times I just crave it, throw in a cupcake or twinkie, and I could finish a 1/2 gallon, but to much of anything is bad,I get stuffy and sineses get plugged, but it's a small price to pay for ICE cold milk

BareBack Jack
June 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
i eat organic food all the time, i shoot free ranging deer in the fall and that usually keeps meat in the freezer until late summer and i eat fruits and vegatables that are grown out of my garden. i look at organic food in the store and just laugh....i couldn't imagine paying those prices....

I with ya on this one predator86,
I eat organic cause I grow organic,1/2 acer garden,raised beef outa of herd that has been hormone free for 20 years(butchered,cut and wrapped by me),hogs that have been raised on organic corn and barley along with any vegie scraps,chickens that lay twice a day,and butcher 100 every easter,3 free ranged deer a year and a Elk.
Oh yeah I drink Lite beer :darkbeer:

BBJ

zwalls
June 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
well the bottem line to me is that most if not all the mammals that are vegetarions have an alkalinic syliva and teeth that were not designed for tearing meat the same as a human and the stomach and intestines werent made to hold food in for very long periods of time.thats why our intestines are as long as they are.si dont believe cows milk was intinded for our stomachs either!!

the animals that are meat eaters have teeth and stomachs and intestines that were designed to handle meatfor long periods of time.thier syliva is acidic.to bareak down the meat.thats why they lay around after a big meat meal just to digest it.

really what I'm saying is I believe we eat and drink foods that our bodies werent originally designed to eat.that's why God told adam and eve to ''eat of the fruit of the garden''!!

I dont drink milk anymore but I do eat meat but only with vegetables most of the time for ease of digesting purposes!as long as I dont chase it with some kind of desert:confused:

our diets are supposed to be high in water content and that comes from fruits and vegetables and water itself.if we eat a high water content diet we dont need to drink as much water either!!

another $.02:wink:

desertbull
June 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
If you have to drink milk, try goat's milk. Taste better than cows milk IMO and supposedly better for you. My brother was extremely hyper as a kid and the doctor took him off cow milk entirely and had him drink Goat's milk. It worked and the whole family switched over. Goat cheese is good too. Being less commercial, it has less chemicals in it.

short-n-fast
June 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
I grew up on a dairy farm , milked 100 head every morning and evening , went out and took the milk right out of the storage tank everyday . ( our cattle were feed organic , no pesticides or hormones )

Never had a problem with my health.

Of course it was natural , no chemicals , just pure milk , with lots of butterfat.

know adays , you dont know whats in the food you eat , and what you drink. You really dont now were its coming from either. it could be coming from china , mexico , ,

zwalls
June 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
I grew up on a dairy farm , milked 100 head every morning and evening , went out and took the milk right out of the storage tank everyday . ( our cattle were feed organic , no pesticides or hormones )

Never had a problem with my health.

Of course it was natural , no chemicals , just pure milk , with lots of butterfat.

know adays , you dont know whats in the food you eat , and what you drink. You really dont now were its coming from either. it could be coming from china , mexico , ,

AGREED!!

gzg38b
June 25th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I've drank milk all my life. Never had a problem. My kids drink more milk than any other beverage and they are completely healthy.

While milk may be bad for some people, I think its healthy for most of us. Of course it would be better if there were fewer hormones and chemicals, but unless I go buy my own cow I don't know how to get around that problem...

Of all the things we need to worry about in our diets, milk is probably pretty low on the priority list IMO.

dpjoha
June 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE=Raven1911;4811604] When commercially-raised animals are fed interesting items such as cardboard, newspaper, woodchips, cement dust and manure all approved by the FDA for animal feed the liver cannot handle the toxic overload and pushes the excess into fat. This causes the huge weight gain up to 30% in cattle fed cement dust. This is great for the farmer who gets paid for his animals by the pound, but not so good for the animal itself. And we consume this!

Of the thousands of beef cattle we have raised on our farming operation over the last 40+ years I can honestly say we have never fed newspapers, cardboard, woodchips, manure or the best one yet...cement dust. Not sure what nutritional void that would fill in the feed ration and if any ruminant nutritionist suggested it I would have a hard time keeping them around. Diets consist of corn, silage, ground hay, wet distillers grains and a mineral package (think multi-vitamin here). The mineral package may use a little clay as a binder but so do your kids Flinstone Chewables and your Tumms.

I also seen an earlier post that suggested the beef industry is being subsidized. Not sure if you are refering to the producer or the packer. If you are refering to the producer, I would like more information regarding how I sign up for such easy money as I must have missed out on the greatest economic secret of my career.

I don't have any problem with milk but prefer to drink skim because of the lower fat content. I also enjoy ice cream on occasion. My great grandfather drank milk up until the time of his death...at 105 years of age. My grandmother (who is 95 years old by the way) eats a half a gallon of ice cream a week. She still lives at home by herself and until recently continued to drive her own car. From what I have read here, apparently the ice cream could potentially be the cause of her glaucoma!

About a month ago a saw a national news story about organic, unproccessed raw fluid milk being marketed directly to consumers from organic dairy farmers. The folks purchasing the milk said they and their families had never felt so go until they started drinking it. After spending $14/gallon for the stuff they better feel good!!

If we are so perfectly adapted to survive on fruits, nuts and veggies, how come so many people have allergies to some of these "wholesome" foods? You would have thought millions of years of evolution would have weeded out that pesky trait.

I also don't have a problem with organic food either. What I do have a problem with are the claims that organic food is healthier than conventional foods. I have yet to see any scientific, independent, peer reviewed studies that would support such claims. And speaking of marketing prowness and power, the organic food industry is great at using scare tactics to convince you your food is unsafe. Fear is the means used to protect the huge profit margins the industry generates. And by the way, since organic crops are technically not allowed to be fertilized with commercial fertilizer if they want to be certified as organic, an "all natural" fertilzer is sometimes used. In other words, it's the same manure you are concerned about your dairy and beef cattle getting fed.

The question regarding why humans are the only ones that continue to consume milk after being weaned I can't answer. I suspect it has roots many generations deep and the purpose was survival driven as a means of a food source when resources were limited. However, I suspect if most animals would have been given a big, ice cold, glass of choclate milk eons ago they would have figured out a way to milk the cows instead of eating them:wink:

Mizzoukispot
July 3rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
I really like two chickfila chicken biscuts, with jelly on them, after a workout. Is that bad? Maybe a gallon of milk to go with it? All joking aside, I probably drank a gallon of milk a day through highschool and college. Played football, was never over 10% bodyfat and was the second strongest guy on the college football team as a defensive back. Never had a cavity (genes?) and no ear, lung, or reproductive problems:). ....but lately I have been passing a bit more gas...milk problem or hormone induced problem from eating too much non organic beef?