Archery Talk Forum banner

Renagade Bows

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  gmherps 
#1 ·
They still make them ? The only sight I could find was from 05 or 04?

#2 ·
You know the guys that made the Nuge bow

#3 ·
Renegade archery is pretty much finished. The guy that owned Renegade doesn't live very far from me (probably 25-30 miles) and my friend knows him very well. He did come out with a new bow this year called the Outlaw 33, but I have only seen it in one local archery shop that is it. The bow is very ugly for one (digital camo) and for two the technology used on the bow looks exactly like they used 5 years ago. The grip is like a 2x4 and it's not like it's blazing fast or anything. I think he might as well kiss it goodbye with the out-dated technology. It's a shame, they were doing so well for awhile there, then the money man pulled out, then they couldn't pay the NUGE his royalties and lost him, then they just kept putting the same bow out year after year until that market dried up. About 7 years ago in this small neck of the woods, it seemed like EVERYONE around here shot a renegade, many still do, but I wouldn't bet on them making a comeback!

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think those folks were the Glass family, but it didn't work out and they started their own company. I think maybe Evotek bows. They're nice looking bows, but you don't hear as much about them compared to the larger companies. No barnburners compared to recent offerings by others, but they look like a solid bow and I only hear good things about Evotek and the Glass family. Pretty sure at least one old Renegade guys is (was?) with Evotek (Bill Weisner). Too bad Renegade couldn't make a go of it; they were a solid bow too.

#6 ·
Well that stinks I was actually thinking at getting one. Oh well anyone pout there got a Nuge bow 30" 50-60 #

#8 ·
i dont have a nuge bow but i do have an Alpha-1... it's been a pretty good bow. got my first archery deer with it. it's a little slower and shorter than i liked so i upgraded to a Hoyt Ultratec. still a great bow and right now with the limbs backed down i primarily use it for bow fishing but handles well as a backup hunting bow

#9 ·
I just recieved a new one the other day

Just to let you know Renegade is still rockin and rollin.Just recieved a new outlaw 33 the other day and all I can say is wow!This bow is freakin smooth and most of all shock free and quiet.The bow comes in digital camo which when I first heard of the camo choice I thought what the heck!But when the bow arrived the other day the camo is awsome!Next Year they are workin on some great new projects that are going to turn heads.O yeah and about the grip I think what the man was complaning about was that the grip was like the 2x4 well I think he saw the 1 piece wood grip that they offer.I personally choose the 2 piece wood which feels great in the hand,they also offer a 1 piece rubber grip.I'll try to post pics later tonite.Trust me I've shot alot of bows from every manufactuer and this company is still at the top don't count them out!:wink:

#11 ·
Just to let you know Renegade is still rockin and rollin.Just recieved a new outlaw 33 the other day and all I can say is wow!This bow is freakin smooth and most of all shock free and quiet.The bow comes in digital camo which when I first heard of the camo choice I thought what the heck!But when the bow arrived the other day the camo is awsome!Next Year they are workin on some great new projects that are going to turn heads.O yeah and about the grip I think what the man was complaning about was that the grip was like the 2x4 well I think he saw the 1 piece wood grip that they offer.I personally choose the 2 piece wood which feels great in the hand,they also offer a 1 piece rubber grip.I'll try to post pics later tonite.Trust me I've shot alot of bows from every manufactuer and this company is still at the top don't count them out!:wink:
They really need to update their website and try to get the info out there then. :confused:

#12 ·
I agree though alot of people hate Nuge I have heard really good stuff about that old bow and my dad has a Renagde he swears buy. He has owned all of the big three but says he doubts he will ever get rid of his 4 yr old renegade. I hate to see a companie go down cuz they had no marketing. Really we thought they were dead thats a bad thing!

#13 ·
Over the years Mr Nugent has had many different deals with different bow companies; Martin, Browning, Renegade and even Oneida. Though he is a close friend of the Owner of C.P. Oneida he has been for a long time.

Seems that he shops his name with many Companies like Arrow Companies was Easton with Zebra Striped Arrow and now it is Gold Tip... Mr Nugent even had a Pro Shop in Jackson MI once but seems it was not making money same as his radio station.

He gets around...

LFM

#18 · (Edited)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This southpaw was the brains behind that design(Nugebow). He was on Teds show,Spirit of the Wild, the Fred Bear episode. Camera work was best that I have ever seen. You see the arrow penetrate from the front,as the bear turns,you see it come out the back as well,a perfect pass thru. Great episode last year.

Nugebow was a very forgiving and awesome bow. I love mine

#19 ·
i want a nuge bow

#20 ·
Here is a link that someone posted on the Renegade forum, I just wish they would do what they say, they said the bow was suppose to be out in January and its just coming out and they really need to update there website, my last 3 bows were Renegades, love them all, hope they get everything figured out here, I think the MSRP on this bow is $599 if I remember correctly too.

http://www.moatsarchery.com/renegadeoutlaw.html

#23 ·
...I just wish they would do what they say...[/url]
Here is the biggest hurdle the new owner(s) of Renegade have...doing what they say they will do.

Bill W. used to be part owner, along with Bill H. and another fellow. About a year and half ago the company was purchased.

Renegade made some great bows that were way under rated, IMO. I hope the new ownership can make it, but when no one can even tell if they are in business anymore...it's an uphill climb to say the least.

#21 ·
Cool I still want the nuge bow though thinking about trying my hand with fingers

#24 ·
I used to like their bows when I first got into archery I thought they where great I really like my Hoyt now and I wouldnt change but if they would start producing good bows where you might see one every now and then I might shoot one and if it was good give them a shot but I have never seen but one and I havent seen but one. What is this I hear about Nuge and royalities what is the real storie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.