PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha pullin (boats)

Team Hoyt PA
July 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
What kinda boats you guys using? Might possibly be looking for one, definatly looking for opinions though...the good the bad AND especially the ugly.

use will mainly be catfish but also some bass and whatnot.
Biggest thing will be room and price. Some where in the neighborhood of 15,000 is about the max.
So judging by what i've seen online, typical is about a 17' for that price.
Like i said though, room is a big factor. Three people with two rods a piece for catfish. Congestion wouldn't make for a good trip.

huntaholic
July 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I'll bite . . . .

2003 Skeeter ZX200, Bassmaster Classic Edition, fully loaded.
200 HP Yamaha HPDI.

She's just under 20' long and screamin fast!!

Got a nice size front and rear decks. Haven't had any problems fishing three out of her yet, even when I smacked a stump last year on the transom at about 40 mph!!!

I love it, but still owe some on pay-off!!!

Team Hoyt PA
July 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Due to the overwhelming response to this thread i think i'm going to have to shut 'er down. :embara:

Thanks huntaholic.
That puts the Skeeter line one mark ahead. I just checked their website. Nice stuff!!!! I was looking at the Stratos boats as well.

yogib
July 3rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Here's some pics of my catfishing rig.

OkStateBow
July 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Well...we pull 2...A champ 21' and its an awesome boat...17' Aluma Weld, pretty basic but a good boat does well for what we need it for

Paul S.
July 4th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I have a 1989, 19' Spectrum with a 4 cyl. OMC I\O. She aint fancy, but it gets me to the walleyes. If your just looking for something to fish out of, you can find something WELL under 15K. I only paid $1300 for mine and did a little work to it. Deals are out there if you look around.:wink:

Team Hoyt PA
July 4th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I have a 1989, 19' Spectrum with a 4 cyl. OMC I\O. She aint fancy, but it gets me to the walleyes. If your just looking for something to fish out of, you can find something WELL under 15K. I only paid $1300 for mine and did a little work to it. Deals are out there if you look around.:wink:

yeah and i just saw the lowest price on skeeter.....so now they are out. As nice as they are they aren't worth it to me.

Well i don't only want something to fish out of. I'd like some of the luxury as well. Nice fishing deck, good storage space you know the deal.
looked at a stratos on their website that seemed nice for 12,995.

301fps
July 4th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Tracker boats makes a great 18 footer...all Aluminum with a 50 hp on the back...huge decks, lots of storage very good boats...just sold my 2000 model...it was perfect for what you are looking to do with it. And the new ones are coming in around 13k....not too bad check them out at trackermarine.com....

BTW I also had built a blind to fit on mine as well...bass in the summers, ducks in the winters...couldn't beat it!

Yankee Troller
July 5th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Here are my two baby's!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/slikrik14624/Ranger%20520/100_0412.jpg
I tow this one too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/slikrik14624/The%20Yankee/Boat5.jpg

archerykid12
July 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
we have a 94 smokercraft 175 ultima with a 115 mariner on it its a great boat for wat we do

obsessedLSS
July 5th, 2007, 06:41 PM
2006 2200V Tournament Edition Pathfinder, equiped with a 225hp Jamaha HPDI...

jack plates
trim tabs
full electronics
polling platform

soon to add a "T Top" :wink:

MNmike
July 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
My main boat is a Starcraft SS 18' with a 140hp Johnson V4 and a 9.9hp Johnson kicker.

I also have a old fiberglass fish & ski 17' with a Merc 85hp.

And a old 14' alum. with a 6hp Johnson.

And a 12' alum. row boat.

A cohlman canoe.

Oh, and a Sylvan 21' pontoon boat with a 28hp Evinrude.

I think that all of them.

MNmike
July 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM
With todays boat loans, a guy is far better off with the used boat market.

Your buying power is the best in years on used boats. Everyone had been buying new for several years due to the financing available. Almost like terms on a mortgage. That floaded the market, at least up here, with great used boats, that have to be priced to sell.

I really wish I was in the market this year, I have seen many 19-24' boats that would be perfect salmon rigs if they were not already, for cheap.

But as you see above, I need to get a few out of my hair first, or the wife will kick my arse.

Team Hoyt PA
July 5th, 2007, 09:52 PM
With todays boat loans, a guy is far better off with the used boat market.

Your buying power is the best in years on used boats. Everyone had been buying new for several years due to the financing available. Almost like terms on a mortgage. That floaded the market, at least up here, with great used boats, that have to be priced to sell.

I really wish I was in the market this year, I have seen many 19-24' boats that would be perfect salmon rigs if they were not already, for cheap.

But as you see above, I need to get a few out of my hair first, or the wife will kick my arse.

Don't worry, I've been looking at online dealers around me and they have some fairly decent and cheap used models. Just waiting to see what they look like up close.