PDA

View Full Version : Bought myself a boat

Team Hoyt PA
July 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I want to thank you guys who gave your opinions. This was the one and only boat dealer i went to because of the selection they have of both used and new. The majority of the used boats weren't kept up with by the original owners and the nice ones were a little too expensive.
When i asked about a particular used boat the dealer said...."well that one is 16,000 and it's a couple years old...i can give you a better deal on a new one that is just a bit smaller."
Looked at it, the price was right and the boat was awesome.

Comes with everything except the fishing poles, bait, and water. But i think i can handle that part :wink:

Anyway, It's a Smoker Craft Pro Angler 162.
http://www.smokercraft.com/showroom/ShowModel.aspx?ModelID=61&seriesid=86

What do you guys think?

SilentElk
July 11th, 2007, 05:17 PM
What motor are getting on it?

Looks like a nice one for sure.

Team Hoyt PA
July 11th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Yamaha 50 hp 4 stroke

SilentElk
July 12th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Good boat and price is probably about right.

Having engine issues on mine currently. Having major issues getting it to go to lightspeed (highend). The low end is fine and been mostly fishing wakeless lakes anyways so hasnt been much of an issue. Just a 15.5' 1981 Champion bass boat with a 115 merc outboard. Although it was hard to beat the $1500 I paid for this even though it isnt running perfect, sometimes I wonder if I wouldnt be better off with a new or lightly used boat. You got me a thinking.

Team Hoyt PA
July 12th, 2007, 07:10 AM
forgot to mention, I paid 13 and some change for this one.

sunaj
July 12th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I'm jealous:)