PDA

View Full Version : Estes Park,Co trout

Ty Noe
July 17th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Has anyone fished at Estes Park, Co. im leaving this weekend to go up there, and i was wondering how to catch trout with my open face reel. and what is good bait to use. Thanks Alot for your help
Ty Noe

SilentElk
July 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I was at lake estes 2 months ago. While fishing with my boy who was 4 at the time, he managed to catch 15 trout in about 2 hours. We caught them on powerbait and salmon eggs. All were stockers. Finding a place where the fish are bigger than the stock length, 8"-12", might be a bit of a challenge.

Ty Noe
July 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I was at lake estes 2 months ago. While fishing with my boy who was 4 at the time, he managed to catch 15 trout in about 2 hours. We caught them on powerbait and salmon eggs. All were stockers. Finding a place where the fish are bigger than the stock length, 8"-12", might be a bit of a challenge.

Hey thanks alot, i will let ya know how things go..thanks again

Ty Noe

thenson
July 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
It's been a long time, but there will be trout in almost any stream, even downtown. When I was there several years ago I recall fishing in Lake Mary and had some luck. There is a nice flyfishing shop that rents tackle right across the creek in town that was very helpful to me. I even rented some waders and a nice flyrod from them and even bought the rental rod & reel from them later on.

It should be fun but try to find where the local people would fish. That is your best shot.

have fun
thenson

tcooll77
July 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
around here we use small worms.. from the garden.. if there in there they will bite it :)