Archery Talk Forum banner

Hey Martin shooters, Slayr ??'s

449 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Harperman 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Slayr SE, with magnum limbs marked 4-H, and "B" Nitrous cams with "H" marked X system shoot through system...The bow maxes out at close to 70# draw, at 28"...The A-T-A is close to specs, but the brace height is under the factory specs for the 2005 Slayr's...Factory specs per Martin's website say 7", but mine is approx. 6 5/8"....Also, the modules are "H", for high let-off, which is supposed to be 75%...I am shooting this bow at approx. 63# @ 28", and the holding weight is between 22# and 23#...As a finger shooter, this is O.K. with Me, but it seems that the bow is out of specs or something....I was told that the bow had 45# to 60# limbs on it, and that, along with the brace height being too low, and the let-off being light, I am wondering if something has been changed to have the bow set-up like this...The bow shoots very nice, except for the noise from the X-system ,(is there any good way to get this bow quieter??) and I love it, I just want to make sure that something isnt out of adjustment...I have heard of twisting up/down of the cables and strings to change draw weight and draw length, but changing let-off is new to Me......What say all of You fellow Martin Guru's??...Any help will be appreciated...Thanks in advance, and Take Care...Harperman

#2 · (Edited)
4H limbs with the "B" cam is 60 - 75 lbs. For 28" on this cam you should be in the longest slot.
String length - 52 3/4"
Cable length - 39 1/4"

What you have is the correct brace.

You are using shoot thru cables for finger shooting? I would expect some fletching contacting on the cables using fingers.

#3 ·
Kstigal....Thanks for the info....as for the shoot-through and fletching contact, it seems allright, and a bow with the "X" shoot-through was recommended to Me by a few Archers, becuase the "X" system is supposed to be more forgiving....I know that this bow shoots well, even with Me doing the pulling...L.O.L....Thanks again...Harperman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.