PDA

View Full Version : Humpies

Bunkster
August 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Well the humps are startin to run here in the northwest. I have been out a few time, got skunked but people around me were catchin them. It is still early, as the big swarm is still a good ways out in the sound. Anyone else been out salmon fishin.

AK-AZ
August 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Well the humps are startin to run here in the northwest. I have been out a few time, got skunked but people around me were catchin them. It is still early, as the big swarm is still a good ways out in the sound. Anyone else been out salmon fishin.

Yeah, but we generally try to avoid the humpies up here!!!

Bunkster
August 22nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, but we generally try to avoid the humpies up here!!!

Why, they are so much fun. They are great smokers too.

Bunkster
August 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Well, another night. Another limit of humpies. Gonna have some serious smoked salmon in a week. Just in time for elk season.

AKDoug
August 29th, 2007, 12:25 AM
You guys eat those things?

Bunkster
August 29th, 2007, 11:40 PM
You guys eat those things?

Whats wrong with them. They are chromers, a few bucks just starting to turn. They eat just fine. Silvers will be in a few weeks. Then steelhead in dec. Yippeeee.

BowD
August 30th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Anybody that eats canned salmon eats humpies (pinks). Alaska "salmon snobs" :) of course don't eat them, but the rest of us poor mortals down below must take what we can get. :cry:

Bunkster
August 30th, 2007, 12:34 AM
The only salmon I don't eat is chum. Had it canned once. Didn't care for it. As long as they are fresh, which they are only 15 minutes from the sound. They are tasty and chromers.

Yellowfin
August 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Don't they only bite on Wednesdays?

Bunkster
September 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
Don't they only bite on Wednesdays?

Nope, limited out again today.