PDA

View Full Version : Sheanandoah River Virginia

VA Vince
September 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Well I went down to page county for the weekend. Caught 6 bass, 4 lg mouth and 2 smallies. Caught a ton of sunfish which had the lesions on them, none on the bass had any, supprising. I did see a couple of floaters going down river, its a shame how bad the fishing is now compared to years ago. I did read a article in "Woods and Waters" about a study pertaining to the fish kills. They are hinting at arsenic in the chicken fecises, along with Coors brewing and some other big companies dumping there waste in the river. They said the companies were trying to get permits to dump more waste than the river could handle. I will never by another coors product again. If I find the copy of the mag, I will qoute the paragraph about the companies trying to obtain the additional dumping permits. I thought coors was a protecter of land. Wrong.:thumbs_do

Brown Hornet
September 19th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Well it looks like I had my last Coors a yesterday then:mad:

I really miss that river. I used to make a trip down there almost every other weekend. I have only been two times in the past 5 years.....never seen it so bad and I hear it is only getting worse. :cry: