Archery Talk Forum banner

no rage in quiver....

1K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  scottparker 
#1 ·
i bought some rage to test out and i shot them into various materials and surfaces every time they failed to open...needless to say im headed to dicks to pickup some strikers. i wanted to give mechanicals a chance and it just proves there not for me. im shooting 60.5lb 28 inch draw 367 grain GT xt hunter with the 2 blades. not bashing just letting others know of my issues with them.

#4 ·
i shot through cardboard, burlap kinda material, broadhead targets, i was dissappointed to say the last but could be just me. i was going to stick with them until i second geussed them so i tested them, glad i did i dont wanna risk injuiring or losing a deer.

#7 ·
the thing with what your shooting into is totaly different than a hide of a deer. if you can shoot them into something a like a ham or something. you would be suprised. cause i kno i cant get the rage to deploy both blades when it enters when i shoot at paper

#9 ·
Rage

I don't knopw what you are shooting through, but I've killed 4 deer in 2 seasons and each time the rage left an unbelievable hole both on the entrance and exit. In fact, I shot a doe last week on opening day and had a maginal shot in the stomach :(. We found that deer with no problem as the guts were hanging out both sides of the (close to) baseball size holes. I am using the two blades and they are just absolutely amazing!

I've used thunderhead, muzzy, G5 Tekan, and Crimson Talons. I've shot deer with each one of these and nothing that I've shot leaves the kind of hole that the Rage 2 blade does.

#11 ·
You're not...

shooting the blue practice one are you? :embara:

I know go away!

Josh

#12 ·
Merlin,, are you shooting the practice broadhead? If so, the practice broadhead doesn't open,, It's just to replicate the weight of the real ones,,, try a real broadhead and see if it opens,, I did that today and wondered to myself,, Self,, why don't these dam things open,, so I tried to move them apart by hand and they weren't real ones that opened,, Just fakies,,,, lol

#15 ·
I agree with the others who say that the Rage heads are awesome. This is my first year using them and I killed two bucks this weekend and the holes were unbelievable. The first deer didn't make it 20 yds. The 2nd deer made it about 75 yds; however, the blood trail was amazing. The deer was spraying a 6 ft wide trail that was spraying on bushes 3 ft off of the ground.

#18 ·
i didnt have any problems with them opening, with a really thick block target it was hard seeing the cuts becuase they would get compressed again when it went through, maybe your just not seeing it, shoot a watermelon infront of your target

#27 ·
That's a bummer. I shot one through some 1" thick open-cell styrofoam and it opened right up.

I'll either have a rage, a striker and a thunderhead in my quiver or 2 rage and the striker. We'll see how they do here shorty I hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.