PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using the truetalker?

Brett K
September 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Interesting story. I picked one up at WallyWorld to try this year. I am new to this stuff and it looks pretty simple. Last night I observed a doe and 2 fawns about 100 yards from my house. I figured I would see what would happen so I let my 3yo make a bunch of sounds on it. The doe turned and looked and that was about it. About 15 minutes later my dog almost jumped through the window screen because the deer were in our yard about 5 feet from the window where she made the noise from:) Heck, if my 3 year old can do it, this might be a keeper.

hobbie24
September 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM
That is what I use. no success stories yet but i love the way it sounds

crooked toe
September 13th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Interesting story. I picked one up at WallyWorld to try this year. I am new to this stuff and it looks pretty simple. Last night I observed a doe and 2 fawns about 100 yards from my house. I figured I would see what would happen so I let my 3yo make a bunch of sounds on it. The doe turned and looked and that was about it. About 15 minutes later my dog almost jumped through the window screen because the deer were in our yard about 5 feet from the window where she made the noise from:) Heck, if my 3 year old can do it, this might be a keeper.
my wife gave me one a while back.1st time i used it doe came out w/only minutes of legal light left.2 bleats and the 75 yards between us shrank to 12 very quickly.those were tasty backstraps problem was later on in same area i tried it again and deer took off. maybe it was w/ the 1st one before and i didnt see it.call sounds the same ,wind in my favor etc.Guess you can educate them

gman57
September 13th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Tru talker thats whats in my pack along with Primos the can.......

StrutStopper
September 13th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I called a skittish doe and 2 yearlings back twice with a true talker after they started leaving. The doe never gave me a shot, I passed on the spike that was with her.

Tarheeler
September 13th, 2007, 11:31 PM
yep I do

Unk Bond
September 13th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Use the Tru Talker with the can.Can-- Can ---Tru Talker back to the can:thumbs_up

meatinthepan
September 14th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I have also used the true talker with great success, i also have the quaker boy bleat in heat can, they sound better to me

old Graybeard
September 14th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I have had great success with the True Talker over the last 5 seasons.:thumbs_up

nebling
September 14th, 2007, 08:34 AM
True Talker is my main call.

I like the fact you don't have to pull anything in or out, change O-ring positions etc...
You just put your fingers on it like a guitar player would, and find the right notes you want.

Trauma
September 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Yep, True talker for me and the Can

harleyrider
September 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I've used one for quite a few years. It's real good for fairly close-in calling but doesn't handle hard blowing to try and reach out. I use one of the buck growl/roar calls for that. The TT makes just about the greatest array of deer sounds that one call can make in one package. Plus, I really like the rubber coating - very quiet if it accidentally hits your bow or stand.

HR

gljones
September 14th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Seen a buck running a fence line about 120 yds out one year while hunting with my nephew. As I hit the true talker he stopped in his tracks did a right face and came right down to us. And low and behold a 2nd buck was right behind him. Needless to say the now 2 bucks ran right inbetween the both of us and in 30 sec. they were both down.

I love using the true talker. It is always my first choice. I also carry one other caller and a snort/wheeze. Thinking about getting a can caller. Just don't know which one I want to get. Either doe or fawn.

YooperKenny
September 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Tru talker thats whats in my pack along with Primos the can.......

Yeah, that's exactly the ticket...

bowhunterdave
September 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I can call in young deer with a doe bleat and they come running. Its by far my first choice in calls and the only one I carry. I can replicate the can and all other deer calls with the one True Talker. A+++

I SKUNKED YOU
September 14th, 2007, 08:10 PM
The Primos can call & the True Talker are a deadly combo. I harvest 90% of my deer from the can call.

mbw1924
September 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
i use the true talker also. i was in my stand (bowhunting) one evening watching a buck chase a doe through thte field about 150 yds away. i let out a few fawn bleats to see what would happen. the doe stopped and turned around. thinking i screwed the hunt up i let my guard down. 5 min later the doe, with the buck chasing came running straight towards me. got about 50 yds away when someone started shooting at them with a rifle (damn poachers) and gladly totally missed both deer. scared the heck out of me. i slowly and quietly climed out of the tree and took the back exit out of the wood, not knowing what the poachers would do if they saw me. but i have great faith in the true talker since that day.