PDA

View Full Version : Moon Tables

brucegoose23
September 25th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Where can i find moon tables that describe the best hunting times for a particular day? I searched the threads but couldnt seem to find anything beneficial? Thanks for the help

ga_Game_hunter
September 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure where you can go to find this online but I have an alternative solution:

Go to this thread: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=560463

and get the Casio watch. I just bought one and it does exactly what you are wanting.

brucegoose23
September 25th, 2007, 02:20 PM
thanks game hunter.. I was thinkin about getting one but i wanted to compare a moon table with what the watch actually says.. Kind of skeptical about the watch.. have you used one?

ga_Game_hunter
September 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
No, just got it today. After entering my location information into the watch I did fine a moon chart online for my area to compare it to. It was spot on for moon phases, sunrise, and sunset. The chart I looked at though had nothing about hunting though.

brucegoose23
September 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
do you get it in the hunting section at wal-mart?

ga_Game_hunter
September 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Check the other thread, just answered in there.

Martial Archer
September 25th, 2007, 04:03 PM
You may want to check www.moonguide.com

I used the Moon Guide last year for the first time and it seemed pretty accurate. I think it is a little more detailed than the Casio watch in that it will tell you whether to hunt open areas, trails, near bedding areas etc.

I bought the Casio watch a few days ago...in the jewelry dept. at WalMart :wink:

strikerII
September 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM
If you would like to check moon phases, moon rise/set, as well as sunrise/set, go to this website and enter your location and date. It is the US Naval Observatory website:
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

Timber Hawk
September 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I bought a moon dail at cabela's. It will tell you the best time that the deer will be on the move. A few weeks ago I was driving home from work at 1:30 p.m. and there were 7 or 8 deer in this soybean field about 200 yds. off the road, sunny and 80+ degrees. When I got home I looked at my moon dail and It predicted the early afternoon movement.