PDA

View Full Version : MUST SEE! check out what was on my trail cam

#hunter!
October 15th, 2007, 10:31 PM
This is not my arrow! Someone else is hunting my area. I don't know what to think. Has anyone else had a pic like this on their cam?

Wattensabohuntr
October 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't claim that shot had it been mine. A deer hit that poorly can travel a long way. Could have been shot in another area. I hve a friend who shot an 8 pt couple years back that was standing in front of cam, it captured whole thing on film, pretty cool

depthfyndr
October 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Thats crazy!!:eek:

bowhunter2007
October 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Its a shame when things like that happend, it looks as if he will survive, but still a bummer things like this happen

mbw1924
October 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM
man, i hate to see that. that is why us bow hunters get a bad rap from alot of people. just this weekend i saw a doe, no arrow, that was hit in the back leg. looked like she migt make it, but still wished i would have finished her off. i didnt realize she was hit until she got into some brus and turned around.

i did have this pic of a buck that was hit by a poacher in early summer.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/mbw1924/ICAM0004.jpg

Stanley
October 15th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Bummer

Dthbyhoyt
October 15th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Nuttin like somebody sneaking in on your land and then not being able to shoot .

archer1983
October 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
dang man I dont know if its just the quality of the photo but, it looks like that buck is in bad shape....

I would get after him... and you must have a pretty big area to cover to assume that someone was in your area :cocktail:

ciscokid
October 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM
He looks pretty stressed out... I would go back to look for him. He will probably die soon!

obsessedLSS
October 15th, 2007, 10:47 PM
pic looks a little "weird"

what camera you using?

deer's contrast doesn't look right compared to the background and a leaf is inbetween his left front leg (inbetween the joints down by the hoof)?????

billert
October 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM
pic looks a little "weird"

what camera you using?

deer's contrast doesn't look right compared to the background and a leaf is inbetween his left front leg (inbetween the joints down by the hoof)?????

I agree, these pics are of lore and suspect every time I see them. Why can't the pics ever look ordinary, they always look messed with. All grainy and such. Not to mention its cropped in a funny way. Where is the original?

archeryhunterME
October 15th, 2007, 10:56 PM
that sucks! hopefullly you get a shot at him and get to get him:wink:

Bores23
October 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Is it just me or is that deer also missing his front left leg?

bowhunter2007
October 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM

Yea...now that you mention it...look at his mouth also, it has a very werid and off color to it....hmm

BagginBigguns
October 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Just a side note - a deer's leg can look like it's "missing" if the leg was moving quickly at the exact moment the picture was taken.

Wilbsd
October 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I hate to say it......but I'm thinking a crop job. Does any one see the left front leg on that deer? If someone was hunting on the land I would think you should have a picture of them tracking the deer also.

coop
October 15th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I agree with the pic quality issue. No offense if this is legit, but before I even began reading the responses, upon looking at the pic, I thought it was a painting. The quality is terrible. What kind of camera is this? It seems like there isn't one single thing that is in focus in the pic. Maybe it's just me, but I am having a really hard time finding this bucks left front leg. The entire deer is dark but the left front leg is light grey? Either it's just the lighting, or that's a tree growing into it. If it's legit I hope you don't take offense, but take a look at the other trail cam pics....none of them look anything like yours so you can understand where we are coming from.

jms375
October 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Man the guy just posts the pic to share, he made no claims or anything and you guys start trying to pick his picture apart, why? I don't understand this mentality. Guilty until proven innoncent on here I guess. Hunter, I hate to see that, I hope you get him so he dosen't suffer from that too long, thats a nice deer.

LXhuntinPA
October 15th, 2007, 11:21 PM
looks more like a close up of a painting to me

w8tnonu22
October 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Save the pic to your computer and the title of the picture is actually "arrow in buck" and it ends with edited....Gotta be fake...just me 2cents

rackaholic
October 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
This is not my arrow! Someone else is hunting my area. I don't know what to think. Has anyone else had a pic like this on their cam?

Four years ago I had a very nervous eight point working his way towards me at dusk, very slowly. As he gets closer I see he has an arrow sticking out exactly where the one above is. At his current track he is gonna give me a 20 yard broadside shot if goes just another 10 yds. Suddenly he steps on a branch and it breaks, he jumps about four feet straight up and takes off running. Next thing, I hear a loud "Hey!". I wait for about fifteen minutes then climb down, I meet up with a guy who was in his climber about 70 yds away on the edge of the field who tells me he shot the eight pointer with the arrow in it. I offer to help him track it, when another hunter comes up, and we ask if he was the ine who has the arrow in the eight, and he says yes, but admits he didn't hit very well. SO he comes with us and we track the deer about 100 yards. When we find it, the guy who killed it pulls out the other guys arrow and it has a field point in it...........thats right a field point!!!
He had actually made a pretty good quartering away shot, just hit a rib and got no penetration with that field point. Apparently he had expended three arrows already that night, and forgot that his fourth arrow was tipped with a field point. Pretty wild huh! Anyways, it looked EXACTLY like the picture above.

billert
October 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Man the guy just posts the pic to share, he made no claims or anything and you guys start trying to pick his picture apart, why? I don't understand this mentality. Guilty until proven innoncent on here I guess. Hunter, I hate to see that, I hope you get him so he dosen't suffer from that too long, thats a nice deer.

He did claim it was his photo in his area so yeah. But the real issue is a wounded deer on the internet meant to make bowhunters look bad. I think we should all call bogus until proven innocent. Lots of fake crap on the internet, we need to protect ourselves, even if it means putting on some skepticism on an individual bowhunter to protect the rest of us. Why do we want this crap on the net anyway?

coop
October 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
W8tnonu22 that's pretty good! Never would have thought to try that. I got the same thing. "arrow in buck_edited". Geeze...you'de think if you were gonna fake something like that, you'de make sure the thing has all four legs and didn't look like it was drawn with Crayola crayons!:wink:

daver
October 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Crop job I think...but even so that looks like that has been bleedin for awhile. Now, I have had some pic's on mine that were "weird" like that where the exposure was slow (perhaps the batteries were low) and the deers head was blurred in two different angles (like the deer had two heads)...maybe that could explain the missing front left leg...BUT, the leg in action is the right leg...so that also makes me think it was a crop job...

<>BowTech<>
October 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
did it ever occur to anyone (i dont know if this is even possible) that "the" hunter shot at the same time that the deer triggered the deer camera. and with that the hunter made a bad shot and shot over the deer with the top of the arrow in a spot behind the deer that we cannot not see it?? and as the crop job goes i can see it....but it could also be shading of some sort too from a blind or several trees or bushes in the area.

Buckgrunter
October 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Here's a doe I got last year on my trail cam (no I didn't shoot her). I got a few pictures that night, but never saw her while hunting. I felt bad and hoped for the chance to put her down.

As for the OPs picture, it may have been edited but that doesn't mean its fake. Take it easy photoshop guys, the anti's don't need to fake pictures, there are plenty out there. These aren't the first pics like these I've seen on here.

dunnhead
October 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
When I was in high school I hunted the woods behind my parent's house after I got home from school. One evening I had an eight point that came in about dusk that had an arrow sticking straight up out of it's back between his front shoulders. It didn't seem to affect it much... it was feeding like nothing was wrong. I found out later that a neighbor shot it earlier that afternoon.

#hunter!
October 16th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Not a fake, I did zoom in on the photo so you could see the arrow better and I did crop it so it would fit the 122kb on this site. Man I don't think I will post again. This is my first pick to post and probably my last. IT IS NOT A FAKE!

Ishi
October 16th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Not a fake, I did zoom in on the photo so you could see the arrow better and I did crop it so it would fit the 122kb on this site. Man I don't think I will post again. This is my first pick to post and probably my last. IT IS NOT A FAKE!

Dont take it so hard. I hope youll post a pic again, just not of this subject. You have to understand you might get grilled here, and you have to admit the pic looks a little off. I believe you, because its not that far fetched from happening. Remember when you post there will be discussion, Good or Bad.

#hunter!
October 16th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I just thought it was an rare pic and wanted to share, thats all.

scrapejuice
October 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM

I don't blame you! These guys are like a bunch of piranha! Don't you guys think that this stuff happens! The only thing is they don't brag much about it, so you don't here it. No need to photoshop this kind of scenario, it happens way more than most know. I once called a 4 pt in that had a arrow sticking out of its neck 20" or so. everytime it walked by a tree the arrow would bend way back, then fling forward after it passed the tree. Didn't seem to even bother him:eek:.

Give #hunter the benefit of the doubt. Like someone said, no need to photoshop pics to give hunters a bad name, plenty of real stuff already out there to do that.

#hunter!
October 16th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I don't blame you! These guys are like a bunch of piranha! Don't you guys think that this stuff happens! The only thing is they don't brag much about it, so you don't here it. No need to photoshop this kind of scenario, it happens way more than most know. I once called a 4 pt in that had a arrow sticking out of its neck 20" or so. everytime it walked by a tree the arrow would bend way back, then fling forward after it passed the tree. Didn't seem to even bother him:eek:.

Give #hunter the benefit of the doubt. Like someone said, no need to photoshop pics to give hunters a bad name, plenty of real stuff already out there to do that.

Thanks!

billert
October 16th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Nobody should post pics of wounded deer. Controversial stance...not really.

Duke Stukel
October 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
YEAH. Post pictures of dead deer, but never wounded ones, especially those that might live! :rolleyes:

bigbennett42
October 16th, 2007, 10:29 AM
if you know it is real, don't worry about everyone elses opinion. Hope you can get out there and find this buck to put him down. Best of luck.

pinshooter
October 16th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I doubt that buck makes it, he's losing quite a bit of blood. I'd keep a look out for it.

markalbob
October 16th, 2007, 10:59 AM

not sure how big "your area" is, but deer can certainly travel a ways.

I'd watch for other hunters on my land if i had land, but you might be making some awful quick conclusions to say a deer on your property with an arrow proves someone else was there.....

poultryguy
October 16th, 2007, 11:37 AM
You guys are hilarious!
I can see all four legs just fine. The left front leg is lighter in color than the others because the sunlight is hitting it. Follow the line of the leg (looks like tree trunk at first) until you get over the top of the shoulder. You'll see that there's no tree attached, lol. As for the "leaves floating between the two front legs", gimme a break. It's a sapling oak that's still holding it's leaves like so many others in the pic. The stem of it is less than a pencil thickness for cryin out loud! :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree with the others... I hope you get a chance to take that deer #hunter, that buck is wounded badly. It's obviously bleeding and oozing a lot, you can see the staining all down the inside of it's back legs and under it's belly. Judging by the angle and placement of that arrow I'd have to guess that it was a shot nobody should have taken.

As far as the whole "don't post these kinds of photos" thing goes... nonsense! These are exactly the kind of photos that should be put on the web to get things crystal clear for all hunters, beit bow or firearm, "use some common sense and don't take piss poor shots just because you want that game animal". Photos like this one simply serve to remind us that we've got a responsibility to be humane hunters that are compassionate enough about what we shoot at that we strive to kill instead of maime. It also lets the not so compassionate hunters know that they've got pressure on them from more than just the unsuspecting public, but other hunters as well. There are lots of people out there who don't care less about these things unless they think others are going to take notice.

Dan

drop_tine
October 16th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Here is a buck my brother shot on Oct. 1, his arrow hit a twig and deflected, would have been our counties second pope and young, Just got another pic of him on the 13th, I really believe this deer is gonna make it.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/drop_tine/CDY_0019-3.jpg

Campo
October 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Ahhhh...Photoshop is a wonderful thing, is it not? :wink:

bcowette
October 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Looks like a mountain lion or a wolf attacked him do you see the swipe where his fur is gone.

billert
October 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM
As far as the whole "don't post these kinds of photos" thing goes... nonsense! These are exactly the kind of photos that should be put on the web to get things crystal clear for all hunters, beit bow or firearm, "use some common sense and don't take piss poor shots just because you want that game animal". Photos like this one simply serve to remind us that we've got a responsibility to be humane hunters that are compassionate enough about what we shoot at that we strive to kill instead of maime. It also lets the not so compassionate hunters know that they've got pressure on them from more than just the unsuspecting public, but other hunters as well. There are lots of people out there who don't care less about these things unless they think others are going to take notice.

Dan

So by your argument the more photos of wounded deer with arrows in them the better? Post away then, I certainly wont. Maybe we should start a thread with only arrows in live deer? You're doing more damage then you know. Lost deer threads and wounded deer are not good. Everyone knows that it shouldn't happen, posting about it changes nothing, it just makes it more prominent to everyone else.

ChrisM
October 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I believe this picture is genuine. I see no reason to think someone would go through the trouble to fake such a picture.

With that said....this deer is in a bad place. He is hurt badly and is loosing a lot of blood. He is bleeding all the way down his side and under his belly and is dripping toward his backside. This deer is dying....:embara:

Also, look at his back left leg (ankle). It is broken and has either healed or is in the process of healing.

sprig68
October 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM
This site can be absolutely rediculous at times! Like a bunch of hungry wolves with nothing better to do than criticize others for no particular reason....rediculous if you ask me...

Nicojax
October 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
unless you have a ton of acres, then it could have been off your land?

WYelkhunter
October 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM
How can you tell from that picture that a poacher gave that deer the wound. It could have been anything. There is no evidence there to prove it was someone shooting at the deer.

man, i hate to see that. that is why us bow hunters get a bad rap from alot of people. just this weekend i saw a doe, no arrow, that was hit in the back leg. looked like she migt make it, but still wished i would have finished her off. i didnt realize she was hit until she got into some brus and turned around.

i did have this pic of a buck that was hit by a poacher in early summer.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/mbw1924/ICAM0004.jpg

poultryguy
October 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
So by your argument the more photos of wounded deer with arrows in them the better? Post away then, I certainly wont. Maybe we should start a thread with only arrows in live deer? You're doing more damage then you know. Lost deer threads and wounded deer are not good. Everyone knows that it shouldn't happen, posting about it changes nothing, it just makes it more prominent to everyone else.

Lmbo, don't get your undies in a bunch! Do you think it's better to hide all the mistakes and hope nobody finds out? That sort of "sweep it under the rug" mentality is precisely what anti-hunters look for and feed on for their negative ad campaigns. Unless you're in the habit of wounding deer I don't see what I could have said to trip your trigger. The fact is that wounded game is and always will be a part of the overall picture, that is something that must be discussed in an intelligent manner for all to see. It's just a small part of the whole education picture. If you want the anti's BS to be ignored by the general public then you have to educate everyone with the truth so that they can make informed decisions for themselves instead of taking what the anti's say for granted.

Besides, where do you think these wounded deer end up if they don't die in the woods? You mean you've never seen one on the side of the road? I have... Hell, I found one on my property that had been shot in the gut with a small caliber weapon. What do you think THAT does for the image of hunters or unscrupulous firearms owners?

If you're so concerned about what anti-hunters / anti-rights groups think then why don't you do something positive and start your own ad campaign instead of attacking fellow hunters? Show the general public how many good things that hunters accomplish and how devoid of wildlife our national parks would be without the conservationist minded hunters that fund the support efforts? Prove them wrong and show them that we can discuss all aspects of hunting, good or bad, among ourselves and be supportive. While you're here complaining about what should and shouldn't be posted, the anti's are getting all the ammo they need to support their negative notions that hunters are just a big bunch of idiots that do nothing but cannibalize eachother. So how come you're not visiting "their" websites, soaking up material to show the general public how these anti groups are working their tails off to take away all of our American freedoms? Instead of eating our own I think it's high time we starting fighting back against the ignorance! There's no way I'm going to back down against any arguement that an anti-rights group throws at us and I'm certainly not going to hide under a flat rock as if Im doing something wrong. Yes I make mistakes, we all do, but that's no reason to hide them and act as if mistakes don't happen. Let he who is without mistakes throw the first stone... I'll throw it right back at them!

As for hunters taking bad shots on purpose, discussing their actions is no different than discussing the judgementally-challenged actions of irresponsible people partaking in any activity in life. There are folks out there that just can't control themselves and shouldn't have a drivers license, let alone a hunting license!

Dan

cordwood
October 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Im not calling it a fake, im not a photoshop bs expert yet. BUT..I do have to ask what kind of gamcam you use? I cant think of a camera that doesnt leave a sig unless maybe its some kind of homebrew.

The hunter than stuck this deer should be easy to recognize...5" fletch, wally world arrow, and an ugly rig(bow)...and probably responds to the name dufus.:wink:

Viper69
October 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM
If its real then thats a shame. If its fake thats even a bigger shame! I wont jump on the poster because we have no reason to believe that its fake.

scrapejuice
October 16th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Im not calling it a fake, im not a photoshop bs expert yet. BUT..I do have to ask what kind of gamcam you use? I cant think of a camera that doesnt leave a sig unless maybe its some kind of homebrew.

The hunter than stuck this deer should be easy to recognize...5" fletch, wally world arrow, and an ugly rig(bow)...and probably responds to the name dufus.:wink:

He said he cropped it!

Exocet77
October 16th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Can we be anymore scared of peta? Cmon already... thinking peta came here and photoshopped a crappy pic like that?? Some ppl around here gotta get there head outta the sand and start hunting more then being so scared of peta.

Crappy quality pic agreed. I wouldnt wanna see that on my hunting property either. Maybe you will get lucky to find em, or even see em under your stand and finish em off. Gluck, happy huntin

If your that paranoid/scared of peta, you mine as well give of hunting now and find something that doesnt cause so much anxiety/paranoia.

**Frost Bite**
October 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wow... That's a sad shot... Hopefully you can get him soon!!!

billert
October 16th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Lmbo, don't get your undies in a bunch! Do you think it's better to hide all the mistakes and hope nobody finds out? That sort of "sweep it under the rug" mentality is precisely what anti-hunters look for and feed on for their negative ad campaigns. Unless you're in the habit of wounding deer I don't see what I could have said to trip your trigger. The fact is that wounded game is and always will be a part of the overall picture, that is something that must be discussed in an intelligent manner for all to see. It's just a small part of the whole education picture. If you want the anti's BS to be ignored by the general public then you have to educate everyone with the truth so that they can make informed decisions for themselves instead of taking what the anti's say for granted.

Besides, where do you think these wounded deer end up if they don't die in the woods? You mean you've never seen one on the side of the road? I have... Hell, I found one on my property that had been shot in the gut with a small caliber weapon. What do you think THAT does for the image of hunters or unscrupulous firearms owners?

If you're so concerned about what anti-hunters / anti-rights groups think then why don't you do something positive and start your own ad campaign instead of attacking fellow hunters? Show the general public how many good things that hunters accomplish and how devoid of wildlife our national parks would be without the conservationist minded hunters that fund the support efforts? Prove them wrong and show them that we can discuss all aspects of hunting, good or bad, among ourselves and be supportive. While you're here complaining about what should and shouldn't be posted, the anti's are getting all the ammo they need to support their negative notions that hunters are just a big bunch of idiots that do nothing but cannibalize eachother. So how come you're not visiting "their" websites, soaking up material to show the general public how these anti groups are working their tails off to take away all of our American freedoms? Instead of eating our own I think it's high time we starting fighting back against the ignorance! There's no way I'm going to back down against any arguement that an anti-rights group throws at us and I'm certainly not going to hide under a flat rock as if Im doing something wrong. Yes I make mistakes, we all do, but that's no reason to hide them and act as if mistakes don't happen. Let he who is without mistakes throw the first stone... I'll throw it right back at them!

As for hunters taking bad shots on purpose, discussing their actions is no different than discussing the judgementally-challenged actions of irresponsible people partaking in any activity in life. There are folks out there that just can't control themselves and shouldn't have a drivers license, let alone a hunting license!

Dan

Your points are all valid and I've pondered them myself for a fair amount of time before finally being swayed to my point of view. It is enough to have a thread of taking good shots, we don't need to prove that it happens by posting photos.

"If you take a bad shot, a deer will be left with an arrow out it's side". Is this statement true, plausible? YES so why do we need a photo to prove it so? A photo does nothing but make more antis...non-hunters don't want to see this, hearing about it is enough, don't prove it with photos and threads. MAKE more threads about being responsible, don't make more threads about wounding deer and lost deer, etc. We all know its possible for this to happen, we don't need to add to the pile. Nobody here is scared of antis and thats not the motivation, it's not hiding to not post a photo of a wounded deer at all. And its not about hunters on hunters, in fact the poster was actually posting against another hunter to begin with so how are his actions better then mine? Who's actions against a fellow hunter are worse? Don't post wounded stories and photos and lost deer, we don't need it. It happens, lets do something constructive about hunting. There was another prominent hunter that convinced me that nothing good comes of these stories. If you go back through my posts you might be able to see that I have in fact changed my mind and posted thoughts just the same as yours. Through a variety of PM's with this hunter, he changed my mind. Perhaps I can change yours.

Ryan
October 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Your points are all valid and I've pondered them myself for a fair amount of time before finally being swayed to my point of view. It is enough to have a thread of taking good shots, we don't need to prove that it happens by posting photos.

"If you take a bad shot, a deer will be left with an arrow out it's side". Is this statement true, plausible? YES so why do we need a photo to prove it so? A photo does nothing but make more antis...non-hunters don't want to see this, hearing about it is enough, don't prove it with photos and threads. MAKE more threads about being responsible, don't make more threads about wounding deer and lost deer, etc. We all know its possible for this to happen, we don't need to add to the pile. Nobody here is scared of antis and thats not the motivation, it's not hiding to not post a photo of a wounded deer at all. And its not about hunters on hunters, in fact the poster was actually posting against another hunter to begin with so how are his actions better then mine? Who's actions against a fellow hunter are worse? Don't post wounded stories and photos and lost deer, we don't need it. It happens, lets do something constructive about hunting. There was another prominent hunter that convinced me that nothing good comes of these stories. If you go back through my posts you might be able to see that I have in fact changed my mind and posted thoughts just the same as yours. Through a variety of PM's with this hunter, he changed my mind. Perhaps I can change yours.

+1

I've been saying this for years.

poultryguy
October 16th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Billert,
I seriously doubt that there are any "non-hunters" that have joined this site and that are sitting on the fence waiting for somebody to tip them over to the dark side... uhhmm, I mean anti side. :wink: I think that's actually more the point of what I was saying earlier anyhow, we're on an archery site discussing of all things, hunting with a bow. It's no wonder hunters are such a fragmented group of people... we're just not allowed to discuss things openly anywhere. In public, on activity related forums, in hunting magazines or on TV. We make ourselves out to be protectionists.

Yes you can post without the photos but, which is the better reminder? I read things all the time but quite honestly it's the picture that hits you in the face when you're looking through your sight and wondering if you should take the shot or not...

As for being open to the thoughts of others, fire away. I'm always interested in learning something new. Feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable with that media... I'm here to learn as well as share.

Regards,
Dan

coop
October 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Well I haven't checked this thread since last night. Geeze...that got ugly! #Hunter, apologies if that's a legit photo. It just looked really weird is all. Hope you get a shot at that buck to put him out. As far as the whole post or no post thing, I'm not sure which way I lean on that. Both sides have good points to consider. On the one hand, I think it does make bowhunters look bad. On the other, it draws more attention to making sure we all practice as much as possible and take ethical shots. Mistakes will happen sooner or later to everyone.
A couple years ago I took my girlfriends uncle and his brother out with me. I shot a really nice buck but I shot it high and must have hit some rib bone b/c it didn't penetrate very far. That thing took off like a racehorse! A minute later it came running by my stand again as fast as it left. Come to find out, the brother took a shot at it while it was on a full out run! I was really T'd off about that. How could you possibly take an ethical shot with a bow on a running deer? Best part is, he didn't see my arrow that was still in it. So it's not like he knew it was hit and was trying to do a follow up shot. He just popped one off! I never let him hunt with me again. The next year her uncle told me he almost took a 60 yard shot at a deer while hunting with me. This guy is nowhere near good enough for a shot like that! That was the last time I took him with me.
Maybe the guy who shot this deer in the pic had a deflection off of a branch. Hopefully that's the case and he's not really that bad of a shot. If not, he shouldn't be in the woods!

#hunter!
October 16th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Wow, people make a mountain out of a mole hill. It is just a pic, and a real pic from an old film cuddyback. That's it, nothing sinister. I just found it interesting and wanted to share it. Last I check, I am permitted, right?

billert
October 16th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Billert,
I seriously doubt that there are any "non-hunters" that have joined this site and that are sitting on the fence waiting for somebody to tip them over to the dark side... uhhmm, I mean anti side. :wink: I think that's actually more the point of what I was saying earlier anyhow, we're on an archery site discussing of all things, hunting with a bow. It's no wonder hunters are such a fragmented group of people... we're just not allowed to discuss things openly anywhere. In public, on activity related forums, in hunting magazines or on TV. We make ourselves out to be protectionists.

Yes you can post without the photos but, which is the better reminder? I read things all the time but quite honestly it's the picture that hits you in the face when you're looking through your sight and wondering if you should take the shot or not...

As for being open to the thoughts of others, fire away. I'm always interested in learning something new. Feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable with that media... I'm here to learn as well as share.

Regards,
Dan

Okay, now we are getting somewhere I guess. Here is the story. There are anti-hunters on the boards. They come here sometimes to stir the crap and other times they just lurk looking for ammunition. Am I scared? No. I am confident in what I am doing and how I hunt and otherwise run my life and affairs. I don't run it for anyone. Even if there were no anti's at all and it was all hunters, a digital image like this has legs once on the internet it can go on forever so what's the reason for putting it out there to begin with? Good hunters aren't on these forums for the most part and they aren't interested in learning about good and bad shots, they shoot and they don't care. While a photo is worth more then words, it's not the key issue. There was an article in my local paper that was authored by a property owner saying that he had images of deer running around his property. His argument was not even against deer hunting (apparently, although he posed as a pro gun hunter - he doubtfully was), rather his argument was against bowhunting he reasoned that it was cruel and inefficient way to hunt. We should use guns as they kill humanly (his argument). Photos on the internet feed these arguments. Non-hunters wont read the article, but they will certainly look at a photo, and for them it would be good enough reason to ban bowhunting.

poultryguy
October 17th, 2007, 01:59 AM
So then, the Anti’s have won. Big brother’s Thought Police patrol our minds so that we fear our own ideas and are repulsed by our own humanity. We have allowed the unnamed “them” or “they” to trick us in to locking ourselves up in our own minds and hearts, ashamed to walk in the light of truth. How cowardly are we?... What is this fear we have that pollutes our minds and hearts with a wickedness like sin?... Are we being PC enough for them to accept our ways? Is this candy coated enough to stop them from taking away our rights? How far will we creep into the shadows of our fearful minds before we’re convinced that to be free, truly free, we must walk in the light amongst our fellow man?!

As Master Yoda would say... “There is no try... you either do, or do not.”

Here’s the gist of it... (quote from Paul in the movie Dune) “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.”

Are these just ridiculous lines from movies or is there a real meaning to be found in them? You decide... Am I wasting everyone’s time with this? Not if they can grasp the meaning. So what if Anti’s cruise the boards. The highway patrol cruises the highway but you don’t see me panicking do you? If you see a crime in progress do you call the police, or make believe nothing happened and hope it never happens to you? Does it matter how big the crime is, before you’re compelled to act? Let the anti’s lurk about, it’s their feet collecting slime from the sewers they walk in. “They” are the true dregs of society, let them walk in the darkness of their own sins, sins against their fellow man. It’s only ammunition if you perceive it to be so...

Photos with legs? Hey, there are photos of little gray aliens floating around all over the place... should I be hiding in a cave? Those photos don’t make anyone compelled to do anything unless they were already compelled by thoughts on the matter that they had in their heads prior to having seen the photos in the first place. So what we have, and have had to begin with, is a lack of proper relations with the general public by which to educate. I do agree, driving around the city streets with an antlered head hanging out of the back of your truck is a darned good way to turn people’s stomachs and make a bad impression in their minds of hunters. Although, we’re not driving around the streets on this forum are we. (?) The point is whatever you perceive it to be. I see the point as being to educate and to demonstrate what not to do. It’s like giving an example, by show of hands, that most of us who are hunters are together in that we do not condone this sort of shot, action or choice. Sort of like self policing. It serves to keep our focus as a group and to prepare us when a “fence sitter” has point blank questions on such subjects.

If others didn’t take offense to the comment, I certainly will. I consider myself a good hunter and I most certainly am on this forum as well as others! I am definitely interested in learning about good and bad shots as well. Not because I can’t make a good shot but because I’d like to learn from the mistakes of others so I don’t have to do it by trial and error all the time. Besides, it’s nice to have communication with others that share a common interest or two. Will I be posting every five minutes when I’ve been given the green light to go hunting? Phat chance! For now though I’m going to pass my time chatting with the guys n gals in camp, at least until my new rig gets here. If as you say, good hunters aren’t on these forums, then it’s all a wash anyhow and we’re all lost. You included, considering that you hang out here and chose to post on one of those threads that you say good hunters don’t care about, lol. ;)

I’ve seen bogus articles and photos all over in every imaginable form of media you could imagine. It just isn’t relevant in the greater scheme of life... Most of the news we read is complete bogus crap but it serves it’s entertainment purpose. I bet most of you out there still bite into that media BS about avian influenza. Sorry folks, that crap has been around since the dinosaurs and it hasn’t wiped us out yet! Or have you all forgotten what the dinosaurs evolved in to? Mmm, tastes like chicken... if you wait around long enough you’re going to see a rare chance mutation of some bacteria or virus that’s going to affect a large percentage of the population, that’s just part of life on our planet, lol. Our biggest downfall these days is that we live in gigantic villages, so we don’t have isolated disease outbreaks, we have devastating epidemics. Global villages are the problem, not poultry or pig farms. I’d be more concerned about dumb stuff like our vice president not identifying his target and shooting one of his hunting buds in the face! (Probably hidden aggression for not voting for the right camp, lol.) Holy cow, how bad is THAT for the hunter’s plight?! Let’s show the second in command shooting the wing man, then see if we can get votes for second amendment rights to be kept. Geez...

Let me give you some insight from a Californian... Hunters get a bad rap because they fly below the radar. This allows the negative stuff to be printed in a sensationalist manner, simply because there is no opposition! People can be vastly more forgiving of wounded or poorly shot game issues when presented in their true perspective of how they fit into the greater picture of what hunting and hunters bring to the table. Taken from the little card shipped from Marlin along with their firearms, information collected by the Fish & Wildlife Agency Funding Survey, 2001, Approximately 85.5% of the revenue that funds wildlife conservation in this country came directly from hunters and hunting related purchases! Yeah, we need to do a “lot” more public speaking. Screw this below the radar crud. Back in 2001 hunters had provided more than 2.3 “billion dollars” (That’s with a B) for wildlife conservation. Since 1900 the whitetailed population has risen from 500,000 to more than 30,000,000. Since 1901 the duck populations have grown from near extinction to over 31 million. Rocky mountain elk went from 41,000 in 1907 to nearly 1 million. Turkeys in 1900 were at 100,000, by 2001 they were up to 7 million. The list goes on but suffice to say, hunters have done a whole heck of a lot more for wildlife than all the anti’s rolled up in to one. So why was it again that we weren’t discussing all aspects of hunting as well as a few photos of arrows gone awry? Hell, I’ll even go so far as to say they should have a national “hunter’s day” to celebrate all the good we’ve done for our environment and the ecology! If a few photos of poorly shot game keep 50 new or inexperienced hunters from making the same poor choices then it’s worth it. As long as the photos are followed up with a good discussion, then folks are learning and positive results can be achieved.

Regards,
Dan

WEEGEE
October 17th, 2007, 02:43 AM
good job DAN!
I'm a good hunter also and I care
THANKS for saying so

sneak1413
October 17th, 2007, 02:48 AM
How can you tell from that picture that a poacher gave that deer the wound. It could have been anything. There is no evidence there to prove it was someone shooting at the deer.

try looking at the date and how fresh that shot was. tell me there is a season in the middle of summer somewhere and ill be there next summer i just can't get enough deer huntin.

IChim2
October 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Poor photoshopping.

AdvanTimberLou
October 17th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Poor photoshopping.

Are these pictures really photoshop?

If not that first one shows the buck being really stressed. Mouth is open and he appears to be in a little pain. The thing is whitetails are tough animals and if he can get that arrow out he might be all right. Hate to see infection set in as that could be what kills him.

Stormy_NY
October 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
My question is ....why post pics like that at all? If I shot a deer and had a bad hit with the arrow sticking out of it still.......THE LAST THING I WOULD DO IS POST A PIC OF IT. There really is no shame left ....yes it happens but why give the enemy easy proof of this kind of thing.

Stupid people ..................

mbw1924
October 17th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Poor photoshopping.

the pic i posted was not altered. i have many pick of this deer the night before the pic was taken and there was not a wound on him. i can also post many more of different angles showing the shot.

12point chaser
October 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
thats amazing that they can survive that stuff. my cousin shot his first buck last year with the gun and it looked like the deer was shot in the front lower leg. it was all infected and the meat was even salvagable

Gates
October 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Here is a buck my brother shot on Oct. 1, his arrow hit a twig and deflected, would have been our counties second pope and young, Just got another pic of him on the 13th, I really believe this deer is gonna make it.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/drop_tine/CDY_0019-3.jpg

You need to get this guy, he wont make it unless he gets the arrow out. Infection probably already set bad, so even if he gets it out, he might not make it. Arrow has been in him 12-days.

msubu21
October 17th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Some of you guys have been watching WAAAYYYY too much CSI !!!!!:zip:
Has nobody else taken a picture that didnt turn out how you thought it would. Give #Hunter a break....he has no reason to photoshop his picture. Heres one for ya.....I spent forever trying to photoshop this deers eyes green!
Im sure the next time I check this thread it will be determined that it is indeed not a deer in the picture....maybe not even me holding a bow!!! And probably some armchair biologist will determine that it was not taken on the date printed:)

#hunter!
October 17th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Some of you guys have been watching WAAAYYYY too much CSI !!!!!:zip:
Has nobody else taken a picture that didnt turn out how you thought it would. Give #Hunter a break....he has no reason to photoshop his picture. Heres one for ya.....I spent forever trying to photoshop this deers eyes green!
Im sure the next time I check this thread it will be determined that it is indeed not a deer in the picture....maybe not even me holding a bow!!! And probably some armchair biologist will determine that it was not taken on the date printed:)

Thanks for the support!!!!

billert
October 17th, 2007, 12:17 PM
FYI I've read every post in this thread. Including yours Dan. I agree with your points, what I disagree with is posting photos and threads of wounded deer (I guess we are stuck)! Posting these is no solution to any problem, real or not. Perhaps there is no best solution to the problem (if there exists one) and when having access to such photos, the best action, is no action at all.

Imagine if there was one person with access to 50 photos of injured whitetails with arrows sticking out of them. What should he do? Should he post 1 or 2 or all of them? If he posted all of them at one time, what would happen? Would it be deemed an epidemic? What if he had access to 1000 photos, all different deer, all different acreage all over the Country? Should he post 1 or 2 or all of them? What purpose would be served?

What if 1000 people had access to 1000 photos, what should they do? What would the outcome be? What would the outcome be if everyone posted a story of a wounded or lost deer and had access to photos?

If you think we should talk about this so as to serve the problem of losing more deer. Do we not then have a problem to begin with?

How many more photos do we need? Considering we have at least 2 in this very thread already? Do we need more? Since we agree this can happen, should we then stop adding more photos to this vault or collection of wounded deer starting today? The internet is collecting these photos over time and they will never be destroyed only perpetuated. It serves no purpose at all to anyone besides to someone that wants to take hunting away from you. This is the real issue, it does not serve our camp at all. I'm not fearful of losing my rights, but I certainly don't want to aid someone in the other camp by adding to their list of reasons.

Hickory Creek Stalker
October 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Looks Fake.

ciscokid
October 18th, 2007, 01:42 AM
The posted pic looks like it was scanned. Notice the white at the bottom. The only thing wrong about the picture is that it was a bad shot with a bow. PERIOD..

I feel "something " is about to happen...

:lock1:

DougKMN
October 18th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Looking closely, that pic certainly looks like it was chopped.

The deer appears to be illuminated by a different light source than anything else in the photo.

If you look closely, the rear hooves almost look like they are "floating" over the leaves

There is no shadow, even though you can see them in the trees

There appears to be a difference in pixel concentration between the deer and the background

The edges of the deer look like they were masked

If you look at the edges around the deer, they look like they were blurred, but further out do not.

Look at the arrow, it appears to have several different thicknesses, like in some places they masked into it.

#hunter!
October 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Here you go, the real photo from an old cuddyback film camera. All I did is zoom and crop so you could see it.

wannabe two
October 19th, 2007, 06:48 AM
WOW! I am fairly new on At, as you can see by the number of posts, and I cannot believe the amount of threads that I have seen that the only thing a lot of archers do is sit back and wait to pounce on someone for anything and everything! I was not aware that there were so many experts and CSI grade archers on one website that can look at one blurry unclear picture and make such professional diagnosis. Many on here are quick to judge and even quicker to demean others and make accusations without evidence that they are correct. Unless you are there and see it with your own eyes you never really know in this day and age what is real and what is tampered with or doctored up. Since the goal of this site is archers helping archers why is it like this?:confused:

billert
October 19th, 2007, 07:50 PM
WOW! I am fairly new on At, as you can see by the number of posts, and I cannot believe the amount of threads that I have seen that the only thing a lot of archers do is sit back and wait to pounce on someone for anything and everything! I was not aware that there were so many experts and CSI grade archers on one website that can look at one blurry unclear picture and make such professional diagnosis. Many on here are quick to judge and even quicker to demean others and make accusations without evidence that they are correct. Unless you are there and see it with your own eyes you never really know in this day and age what is real and what is tampered with or doctored up. Since the goal of this site is archers helping archers why is it like this?:confused:

Did you read the whole thread?

JustAFlinger
October 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
You know.....stuff happens, arrows get deflected, and some people take ill advised shots. But deer get hit by cars and injured all the time.

I have a couple friends who for the deers sake am lucky they don't see a lot. Because these guys practically turn the deer into porcupines I don't know how many deer they have got, but when they go out close is good enough. They can't shoot for crap and they don't practice but thats good enough. They have wounded deer missed deer. I mean I have missed deer to but usually cause I have misjudged the distance, but crap happens.

Good luck maybe you could find this deer if you get out and tracked it, but more than likely this pic is a few days old and that deer is probably either dead or long gone.

BK Artworks
October 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Did you read the whole thread?

It doesn't matter if he read the whole thread or not all you have to do is read part of the first page to see that he is right!

As far as posting of pics of wounded deer... I'm not for it really but I don't believe in hiding the truth and sadly enough this is part of the truth and as far as doing something I made a post about what I think needs to be done and I got tore up over it but in all honesty it is about the best way to go to help start to control these walmart rambos who dont think before they shoot.

NO matter how many people get mad at me for it I still think there should be something that requires people to qualify to hunt with a bow.... at least require a bowhunters education course before they get their license!

As far as you #hunter I hope that you can find this deer and if it's still alive put it out of it's misery! That nice buck is in a lot of pain and more then likely has expired or will expire soon from complications. It's hard to tell if the person made a bad shot or had his arrow deflected by a branch/vine that they didn't see but no matter it's sad to see an animal in that condition! Good luck and post all you want as it is your right no matter what some of these people think!

billert
October 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Its a huge flaw in reasoning. For those that say we shouldn't harp on bowhunters or bowhunters on bowhunters, etc.

Well let's look at this...a bowhunter posts a photo of a bowhunter who has made a poor shot on a deer, a bowhunter says he shouldn't post said photo as it hurts the image of bowhunters then another bowhunter says that the bowhunter shouldn't put down the bowhunter that posted the photo as its bowhunter on bowhunter. Heck I'm one bowhunter on one bowhunter and people that post photos with arrows in them is a bowhunter on ALL bowhunters. Then individually, if you attack me for attacking a bowhunter, then this is on a bowhunter as well (so technically even this poster is wrong). It's rediculous and a flaw in reasoning. By saying don't post pics, I am protecting many more bowhunters, then just this one poster (and it protects everyone). Just don't post them, save everyone. It has nothing to do with hunters on each other, its to protect them.

We should be skeptical of injured deer and also arrow wounds pics like this, because if they are out there, they better be real or it wont help anyone. Posting pics like this still wont help better bowhunters....bad bowhunters aren't around here at all to look at them, and if they were, they wouldn't care, they already know what happens when you make a bad shot and don't care. You wont change them with a photo. Anyone that is influentiable is someone that will accept words and guidance over a simple photo. MAKE GOOD shots ALL and do your best to recover your deer! Before you go out, make sure you know what you are doing!

boelrich2
October 19th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Heres a pic of a couple doe fawns I had on camera last year. The one on the right obviously was shot by bow and arrow. I have seen her this year alot and it is completly healed over.

flintcreek6412
October 19th, 2007, 11:07 PM
How ironic, or should I say hypocritical?

I just got done reading a lenthy post about what *****(insert your own vulgar name) game wardens are and they are always accusing people of stuff they didn't do. I then look at this post and the Photo Shop Wardens are jumping all over this guy who posted it. Those that are quick to accuse others on here may want to keep your own actions in mind when questioned by someone about your own actions.

OK, I feel better now...

RiverMan
October 20th, 2007, 12:14 AM
That's a bummer, definitely the down side of hunting. I think he's history, losing alot of blood and he's stressing hard. None of us want to wound animals and it's just sickening when it does happen.

RM

jarley77
October 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Post whatever pics you want, it keeps people informed on the REALITY of things life is all sunshine and lollipops. People on here are so ridiculous sometimes.

3D-Nut
October 20th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Save the pic to your computer and the title of the picture is actually "arrow in buck" and it ends with edited....Gotta be fake...just me 2cents

"edited" could also meen it the picture was reduced in size to save space on AT.

poultryguy
October 21st, 2007, 01:44 AM
Hello all,
Sorry I dropped out for a couple days. Between work and being sick I didn’t feel much like being on the net...

Billert,
You’re correct in your ascertain about photos not being solutions to the problem, although, they certainly do not add to them either. You can’t deny that if someone wants a photo, they’re going to either “find one” or “make it”. Either way, there will be all sorts of photos of poorly shot game available if you’re so inclined to find them. How many of you are aware of the number of animals that are entwined and killed by barbed wire every year in this country? Probably not many... if however you were aware, do you think it would get barbed wire banned if photos of it were broadcast all over the net? I doubt it... Things like that only happen when there is an opportunity for an action to take place. Opportunity I’m afraid, is precisely what we have going on in the hunter’s realm these days. I don’t feel that “poor shots and wounded game” are the only photos that should be posted, but somehow or other we do need people to be aware that it is a natural part of hunting and hopefully they can come to terms with an unavoidable percentage of wounded game just being part of the overall picture. It’s funny how you point out that these types of photos can tip folks off to the other side of the fence... Most “fence sitters” that I know personally understand that there are times when we lose or wound game, yet when they see the photos they scratch their heads and wonder. This action tells me that most people do not fully understand until they’ve actually seen what you’re talking about. Then the questions come and a discussion begins. It’s that sort of interaction sparked by photos that leads to positive interactions between intelligent people. In the end, everyone walks away better informed.

My point really, is that protectionism amongst hunters (in general) is just as damaging to hunters, as protectionism is to wildlife. Conservation on the other hand, the “wise use of”, is perhaps the most fruitful approach to this in my opinion. That’s not saying that we should post every single photo that we ever come across, just that it’s helpful to post one or two from time to time so that positive discussions can be spawned. Besides, if a buck like the one in the starter post came walking thru my property I would probably want to discuss it with others as well. It’s not every day that you see something like this in my neck of the woods. Usually you see a carcass on the side of the road, that has had “poacher’s cuts” taken from it. Those are the one’s that really chap my hide!

You’re most likely correct about people who don’t care about making these sorts of shots on game and I would add that they probably do it just as much during the firearms season as they do during the archery season. But if you were an outsider reading the posts in this thread, what would it make you think of the bow hunting community, based on their responses? Would you think to yourself, “hey self, some of these folks seem to give a crap” ? Is it not reasonable then to assume that they are also capable of realizing that things like poorly shot game are more the exception than the rule?

If ever a newspaper or news station wanted to do an article on wounded game, do you think it would make any difference if they found one or a thousand photos? Those folks could make a mountain out of a mole hill from half of one photo, lol. That’s just the way things are in this country, what ever gets the ratings, creates controversy or seems to have a crazy spin. It’s never the minds of the people who know better or have exposure, only the ignorant masses who really have no experiences with the topic. What it nearly always boils down to is one simple equation... lack of knowledge and exposure. It’s this very thing that has put our livestock operations at risk in this country, lack of knowledge and exposure to the grower/producers, the rural lifestyle that feeds our nation. Whenever you pit the large city mentality against the rural communities, it’s the cities that seem to come out on top. That’s fine, they’ll wake up one day and realize that breakfast never made it to their table because Farmer John was forced out of business. Just like they’ll realize that the out of control deer population made it possible for plague ridden fleas to wipe out 80% of our populace because they stopped us from hunting. Sooner or later the pendulum will swing back in the other direction and we’ll get to use our stick n string again... promise. ;)

Regards,
Dan

billert
October 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Nice post Dan. Next season we need to hammer home the importance of good shots. So many hunters on here with less then 100 posts talk about wounding, it's pretty sad. Yes I understand that it happens and for that matter don't really care that it happens. Such is the cycle of life and death. Something is going to eat that deer, human or otherwise and that is fine by my books. Even the suffering isn't a reason on it's own. Hunting is a part of the way things work and nature doesn't need to feel empathy. If we buy into the alternate, we have nothing at all left to stand on as hunting isn't necessary, it's simply natural and that is the only truly foolproof reasoning for it. Anyway, not much reason to post back in this thread, I just hope that anyone who read it through understand the importance of making a good shot and perhaps instead of posting a wounded thread or a deer with an arrow in it reports on a good shot and recovery for the sake of both archery and hunting.

wickedskater
January 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM

It's just you

muzzyguy16
January 29th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Im almost one hundred percent sure ive seen that somewhere on this site before

saskguy
January 29th, 2008, 11:37 PM
What a read!!!!:teeth:

Poultryguy, you my friend are on the money!!!

shooter22
January 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I copied the photo and took it into Microsoft Picture it 9 and Then zoomed in pretty close. The Pixel dispersion looks like it is a full genuine photo. As it appears to me the camera is in a shady spot and maybe has a shade around the lens. The deer is just steppign into the sun as evident by the left Front leg and the head. The antlers area would have been an easy spot to see the pixel change if it had been photoshop'd, and I didnt seee any dispairty in that area either.

bear_gant
January 30th, 2008, 12:54 AM
This is a crop......

This pic was on AT a few months ago from someone claiming the same thing. I distictly remember the same argument over it's "photoshop" look. But if some of you guru's can look back, you will find it was posted on here months ago. This pic isn't new.

shooter22
January 30th, 2008, 01:31 AM
it may have been here before and it may be from another person, Im just thinking that that deer is not photoshopped into that scene. We all have to kep inmind, regardless what it looks like, it will never bee seen here in its true form. with a 122kb pic limit, some of my pics i put on here with a 7meg digital camera look like i took them with a disposible camera in a box that has been run over the Card reader at the wally world one too many times.

CAPTJJ
January 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
This is a crop......

This pic was on AT a few months ago from someone claiming the same thing. I distictly remember the same argument over it's "photoshop" look. But if some of you guru's can look back, you will find it was posted on here months ago. This pic isn't new.
Yeah, last October was a couple months ago, the thread is that old.:darkbeer:

williamcr
January 30th, 2008, 08:16 AM
There are some very sad photos here. Sometimes our shots don’t always work out like we hope them to, but Bowhunters are not the only ones that make bad shots. Years ago one of my Great Granddad’s friends would come out to the family ranch and I was to take him hunting. He shot a 300 Weatherby magnum and every year when he came I would always get a chance to try out my tracking skills because he would make a bad shot. When it came to animals that man could not hit squat.