PDA

View Full Version : All you good-ole boys down south

CABINET MAN
November 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
You guys having any luck?
I have not seen any deer in 3 weeks:confused:

uabdave
November 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Our hunting club has too many acorn trees scattered out on the property. All have deer sign under them, but it seems the deer pick one, eat a while and leave for another with no rhyme or reason. They can literally just walk about aimlessly and have plenty to eat. I have only seen two deer that I had a shot at. One while in an oak thickett, and one in a food plot. Our plots are green and pretty, but the oaks are dropping so much, that it is a crap shoot as to which bundle of oaks to pick and hunt. So I can find no reasonable pattern. It seems to be the same way all over in several other hunting clubs in which I have friends who are members.

Dave

savedbygrace
November 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
So far I've been blessed to take a nice doe and 8 point.

chuckie33
November 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Our hunting club has too many acorn trees scattered out on the property. All have deer sign under them, but it seems the deer pick one, eat a while and leave for another with no rhyme or reason. They can literally just walk about aimlessly and have plenty to eat. Our plots are green and pretty, but the oaks are dropping so much, that it is a crap shoot as to which bundle of oaks to pick and hunt. So I can find no reasonable pattern. It seems to be the same way all over in several other hunting clubs in which I have friends who are members.

Dave

Got the exact same problem at my club. I have killed two does and a bunch of hogs so far but it has been tough hunting. Very hard to pattern the deer right now.

Fletch Fletcher
November 7th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I've seen lots of deer, but they don't seem to be in any kind of a pattern. They pop out of a new spot everyday and are heading in various directions.

CABINET MAN
November 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I've seen lots of deer, but they don't seem to be in any kind of a pattern. They pop out of a new spot everyday and are heading in various directions.

What time of day?

All4Huntin
November 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM
In Ga, our hunting club ( consisting of 4 hunters ) shot 9 deer but only recovered 7 in 10 days... Hunting near Vidalia. This was the of 19th - 28th of October. Unfortunately, I and another member lost a buck each. Everyone scored when it got colder. Each member has 2 down except me. We all are headed back up on the 15th - 27th so it ought to be a good cold one.

Luckiduc13
November 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I gave concluded that all whitetail deer are extinct! Thats how good my season has been! =o(

JustOneMoreShot
November 7th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I am in a club in middle GA near Sparta. We have seen some deer moving but not too many. A pretty nice 8 pt and a 7 pt were taken (with rifle) on opening day of gun season. Both bucks were chasing does... not sure but I think they were a bit early and the does did not want to have anything to do with the boys at that time.
How much longer until they start rutting in earnest? I still have not seen any of the big boys.

wannabe two
November 7th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Granted I have only seen pictures of those others have shot, and the ones I have seen running through the woods that I did not shoot but, I know they have been popping some big ones here in Iowa. If only I was out hunting instead of here working......................: wink:

wyattc
November 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
i hunt in augusta ga and there movin like crazy now and the bucks are chasin does
im seein on avarage 10 does a sitten and usually a buck or 2

superman
November 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen a deer