Archery Talk Forum banner

BIG 12 down in Ohio

2K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  archeryhunterME 
#1 ·
Well, I was so excited when I hit this monster, I came home and wrote a real quick story...but here is a little better explanation of my EXCITEMENT on Nov. 14, 2007!!!!

Well, it was 930am yesterday mornin. Im about 75 yards from my buddy. first off, Goin in around 550am as we turned into our lane to go back to the woods we see a doe on the left. Alex, my buddy says, whoah...big buck to the left. On the other side of the road....there was a huge buck. he backed up and brighted him.....it was HIM...the BIG 12. We hurried to our stands as he was heading to our woods.

About 7am i see a couple small deer far off. I call alex around 930 and told him this sucks....as it was about 65 degrees and misting rain. We decided to wait until 10 to get down. At 945am I decide what the hell, and rattle a little. No more than i do....here comes a deer down toward me in some majorly thick stuff. He stops...i see a lot of antler. He wont come out of the thicket and he was only 25 yards from me. NO SHOT! He walks off so I cant see him. I sit about 10 min. and grunt lightly. Nothing. I then rattle very lightly. Nothing......Next thing you know...a big BLOWWW. I next see this MONSTER jump the fence in front of me, then jump the small creek. After the creek he stopped quartering away looking back towards my direction. As he is running i am shaking having a hard time attaching my release. I get the release on, he stopped and I put the 30 pin(b/c I have the hha single pin) on him and aim high. He is about 45-50 yards from me. I though to myself, i have to shoot him...he's HUGE.. I let 'er fly and off he runs. His tail tucked. He runs 40 yards, stops and looks back again. Runs down into the thicket and never heard him again.

alex called and said, did you shoot him?. I heard my arrow hit leaves i thought and told him i missed and shot under him since he was so far away. he told me i suck...haha....We waited 15 min and told alex it was killin me...i needed to see if i did miss. We get down, walk over to where i shot at him. No arrow anywhere.....I walk over to where he ran...POOF, lots of BLOOD. We backed off for an hour and went back in.....followed the blood trail on a fast pace....tons of blood. about 50-75 yards there he was....DEAD!!

The broadhead sticking out on the opposite shoulder w/arrow broken off. We drag him a little and i gut him.

I check the heart....and perfectly pierced the heart....WONDERFUL SHOT!!!!

Now i have a BIG deer........HOO RAHH!!

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
its a typical 12....

BUT....check out these pics I just got tonight.....I just pulled them off my cam...

This has to be an offspring of the one i killed....His rack is lighter and tines seem to be taller....I guess next year is gonna be better!!!!!!!!!

Compare those....they are NOT the same deer!

Attachments

#25 ·
Awesome buck and really cool you got pics of him before!! Looks like he broke his left G5 from what I can tell from the pics!! Still just an awesome typical that I wish I caould merely get a glimpse of this year!! congrats

'nother toast>>>------>:darkbeer:

His G5 on his left side is NOT broken, it just didnt grow like the other side. The bottom pics are NOT the same deer as I killed. It's a BIGGER one. I have something to look forward to next year if the orange army dont get him first:mad:

#18 ·
Nice Deer

Congratulations on a beautiful Monster of a Buck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.