PDA

View Full Version : hunting with non-contained dropaways

markalbob
November 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
For dropaway hunters who use a limb driver or other rest which does not have a containment bar, what do you use to keep the arrow in place walking/stalking? Finger? The little foam dropaway arrow holders? What?

Bobmuley
November 20th, 2007, 10:23 AM
For those brief moments when I have an arrow nocked I use my finger and the rubber arrow holder on the shelf.

After getting a broadhead in the leg when I was 16 I quit walking around with an arrow nocked.

Meleagris1
November 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Ram arrow holder works fantastic . . . but as Bob said, be careful out there!

MN Bow Hunter
November 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I use an arrow holder as pictured above.

Yamahog12
November 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I use a QAD rest that has a containment bar. I didn't install it as I don't think it is needed, and just something that might get in the way.

Zen Archery
November 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
im part of the finger clan. and dont walk around with a nocked arrow unless i am carrying my recurve.

archer1983
November 20th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I use what Melagris1 uses. :thumbs_up

ghost1
November 20th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I finger my bow :cry:

ZA206
November 20th, 2007, 11:34 AM

I use the same one with my index finger on top of it until I draw the bow. I love the Limb Driver, but I REALLY like the looks of the QAD drop away rest, total containment, total fletching clearance.

-ZA

speedcam
November 20th, 2007, 11:38 AM

this is what i use and it comes with the Limb driver...... never needed anything else with it. it hold the arrow even if upside down. although i may have my finger on it while stalking just to play it safe.

speed

GreggWNY
November 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I use a QAD rest that has a containment bar. I didn't install it as I don't think it is needed, and just something that might get in the way.

Grab a hold on that bar with a pair of pliers and you can twist it out. That's what I did. It's really not needed to keep an arrow contained because the forks on the rest are so high.

chuckie33
November 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
The foam pad that comes with the Trophy Ridge Dropzone works well for me. I use ACC 3-60s and they fit in the foam pad nicely. It will hold the arrow until I turn the bow almost all the way upside down. I have a RAM holder pictured above and it works nicely as well, but I don't use it.

sbooy42
November 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I use my finger..Even when I had a containment rest I found myself still holding the arrow with my finger..guess its just habit..