PDA

View Full Version : How many have taken...

affe22
January 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
A wolf, coyote, bobcat or fox with a bow? I ask because numerous people have mentioned they should be removed in the Blue Collar Slam thread and was wondering how many actually have done it.

affe22
January 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
From the first thread attempt

I've shot a few coyotes over the years while bowhunting, but it is a pretty rare opportunity to get one within bow range. I think I have shot 3 with my bow in about 20 years of bowhunting, all were just a matter of me being in the right place at the right time.

Coyote hunting after deer season with a rifle is even a challenge, they are sneaky, cautious animals. I actually had one directly below my stand one year, straight down about 20 feet away from me. That was pretty cool to see.

I have not taken any of those. The only one I am intersted in is the coyote and the bobcat.

I've only got the bobcat on the list. Purely coincidental kill to deer hunting.

Plenty of coyotes and a couple of fox, but with those "other weapons".

zip4644
January 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Killed a bobcat during archery season 2 years ago was just in the right place at the right time.

yoda4x4
January 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I shot a fox last year at ~ 25 yds. Pretty cool.

David

scrapejuice
January 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I generally don't shoot something that I'm not going to eat. I have passed on a couple of coyotes and foxes, and a bobcat (but that was with a gun).

dogg3250
January 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Missed a fox last year and had a yote at 60 yards and he spooked. Never been able to connect on them for some reason

outdoorattic
January 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
came close with a bow on a yote on 2 different occasions but have yet to close the deal. With a rifle its a different story...

Illustrator
January 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
October of 2006 I got a coyote at 12 yards while deer hunting. It was pretty cool. Only 'yote I've ever seen in the woods.

GoldenMonkey
January 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've taken quite a few fox with my bow.

I have called most of them in. some were just at the right spot at the right time though

JC-XT
January 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I generally don't shoot something that I'm not going to eat. I have passed on a couple of coyotes and foxes, and a bobcat (but that was with a gun).

Ask Campo how coyote tastes...you may want to start hunting them. :shade:

Some people don't agree with shooting predators because they accuse us of killing them just so we'll have more deer, rabbits, turkeys, pheasants, etc to shoot ourselves. To that I say...YEP. I don't kill them just to be out there killing something, but having too many coyotes in the area will have a severe affect upon the populations of other game animals.

rod251
January 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Aw, why not, I'll post it again! Here's the coyote I shot at 23 yards this season. A bobcat also made two appearances at the same stand this year, but the first time he didn't give me a shot, and the second time I just didn't get to full draw quick enough before he hightailed it. This guy didn't fare so well.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/rodney71251/100_coyote.jpg

BigBucks125
January 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
shot a fox in 06 with my bow...should have got it mounted, but i didnt cuz I didnt have the money.

MXTKTB
January 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I was lucky enough to kill 2 coyotes with my bow this year. Both were shot out of the same stand 3 weeks apart. Glad to thin them out. KY's deer have been hurt bad enough by EHD. We don't need any more predators killing our fawns this spring. My buddy just bought one of the electronic predator calls so we can start thinning more out. I believe I'll take the 30.06 along just for fun.

C West
January 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I don't see too many of these guys. I've seen one bobcat and one fox. Never cared to shoot either. I'd love to take some coyotes but I never see them.

Boonie_Hunter
January 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
coyote and fox here.
Wish we could shoot wolves though. Damn things are taking over this country

raylandarcher
January 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Since you can only vote on one of the above species I voted for Coyote because I shot more than 1 with a bow.But I have also shot a fox as well.Not to many Bobcats in my area.I have only seen 1 in the wild my whole life.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/JGK_photos/2006yote.jpg

onetohunt
January 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I have taken 3 out of the 4....no wolf!

Stanley
January 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Love to take a wolf

affe22
January 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Since you can only vote on one of the above species I voted for Coyote because I shot more than 1 with a bow.But I have also shot a fox as well.Not to many Bobcats in my area.I have only seen 1 in the wild my whole life.

You could have voted for more than one.

IGluIt4U
January 14th, 2008, 06:29 PM
A wolf, coyote, bobcat or fox with a bow? I ask because numerous people have mentioned they should be removed in the Blue Collar Slam thread and was wondering how many actually have done it.
Red fox are all over the place around here.. very few quail still exist, in part, due to the large numbers of fox.. when in season, they make great targets... kinda small, anatomy like a deer... :wink:

I had one come by a couple seasons ago... watched it for several minutes, cross a field below me.. couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.. about an hour later it came back.. but this time on my side... bedded down in a hedgerow I was standing in... about 15' away.. .finally, after much studying, I realized it was a naked fox... not a single hair on his body.. man them things look funny naked.. :ROFLMAO:

He had mange so bad, you couldn't tell what he was... he is no more... :zip:

GruBBworM
January 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
shot a bobcat with my bow last yr

it's still at the taxi.

waiting for me to come pay for it :smile:

Jon

PAstringking
January 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
none of the above for me

11hunter11
January 14th, 2008, 06:58 PM
December O7 yote from a stand. 30 yrds

Mathews LD
January 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
have taken 2 Cyotes And would take 100 more if they give me a shot!!!!!!!:angry:

KurtVL
January 14th, 2008, 07:10 PM
1X fox, 25 yrds and id do it again and see no problem with it

zyxw
January 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Got the fox, yote and bobcat. No wolf

Lonestar63
January 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I like playing with kitty!:D

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5489/dadwithkittyresizedog9.jpg

KickerPoint79
January 14th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I took a coyote a long time ago with my bow and have had opportunities to shoot fox and bobcats but chose not too. Didn't feel like disturbing the woods at the time.

deadquiet
January 14th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I have shot some coyotes (when I lived in CO) and a fox too but I have only seen 2 Bobcats in the woods period. One was out of range and one was close but in some real thick stuff so I didn't shoot.

When I shot the fox the arrow went through it and pinned it to the ground. The fox turned and attacked the arrow until it died. I went and picked it up and the arrow looked like swiss cheese! That fox bit all kinda’ holes in that 2315 arrow…….I thought that was impressive.

ZA206
January 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Slick Tricked (1) Coyote
Missed three (3) silver foxes....:oops:
Missed one (1) Bobcat.

Haven't seen any of them in the field in the last three years hunting though. The place I hunt isn't what it used to be!:sad:

-ZA

crankin
January 14th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Shot a fox this year by accident. was walkin back to camp after an uneventful morning deer hunting when i noticed motion on the wood line of the timbering road. I was able to walk to within 15 yards of this obviosly sick fox and put a 4 blade muzzy through the chest when i barked at him to get him to stand up. when i went to check him out he was half hairless and i felt, as easily as i walked up on him had horrible vision and hearing as i was in the middle of a ATV trail and got within 15 yards just walking.

huntnmuleys
January 14th, 2008, 10:58 PM
ya ive posted this before....

recurve coyote baby!!!!!! 40 yards best shot ive ever made.

deer310sg
January 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Shot my first bobcat this past november. Perfect broadside 15 yard shot. She weighed 27#. Now that was quite the rush. And needless too say she is at the taxidermist. Getting a full mount walking pose perched on a rock form. When I get her back, I'll post some pics.

benton
January 14th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Other should be house cats! Hunted 5 stands last year and seen house cats on all of them!

FL-HNT-N-FSH
January 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
i shot a bobcat the very first time i ever bowhunted

IChim2
January 15th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm a firm believer that if your not going to eat,than don't shoot it,unless it's doing damage to your property.As far as being in the woods,it has just as much right(if not more) to be there as i do.I have shot yotes with a gun and a bow on my own property,but when i'm in their home in the forests...their free to walk.

old Graybeard
January 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I have taken several fox & yotes with my bows over the years and would love to add a bobcat if the chance ever comes up. Some I have taken by chance while deer hunting and some I have gone out varmit hunting with a call and taken when they came in. I truly enjoy hunting them and extending my bow season in the process.

affe22
January 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'm a firm believer that if your not going to eat,than don't shoot it,unless it's doing damage to your property.As far as being in the woods,it has just as much right(if not more) to be there as i do.I have shot yotes with a gun and a bow on my own property,but when i'm in their home in the forests...their free to walk.

So you're a hypocrit then? Humans control the game populations so it only make sense that there needs to be control placed on the predator populations also. I'm not saying kill them all but taking some shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, most people don't eat predators but many people use them in other ways.

danimal7802
January 15th, 2008, 09:53 AM
ya ive posted this before....

recurve coyote baby!!!!!! 40 yards best shot ive ever made.

wow!!!!!!!!! you win!!! that has got to be a challenge....congrats :thumb:

IChim2
January 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
So you're a hypocrit then? Humans control the game populations so it only make sense that there needs to be control placed on the predator populations also. I'm not saying kill them all but taking some shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, most people don't eat predators but many people use them in other ways.No,i'm not a hypocrit.What i ment was....if it's deer season and a yote etc.....walks within range...i won't shoot them....it's not a big deal.If it were the season for that animal and i was "hunting" that animal...thats fine,but no,i don't just shoot it because it's there because i have nothing else to shoot at.I enjoy being in the woods hunting and i also enjoy watching other critters doing their thing,and just because i'm there,it doesn't mean i have to kill them.Like i said,it's not a big deal.

crazy wolf
January 15th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Love to take a wolf

I heard that ! :cry: Crazy Wolf.

old Graybeard
January 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I heard that ! :cry: Crazy Wolf.

Duck or bleed:)

crazy wolf
January 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Duck or bleed:)

Iam sure Stanley has heard of buck fever ! My guess , he would just lay down his bow and have the Wolf lick him to death. :ROFLMAO:
Crazy Wolf.