PDA

View Full Version : Target Panic Idea?

nater3
January 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hey guys,
I have really bad target panic with my bow, but barely any when I shoot my wife's bow when I work on it. Her bow is set at about 25lbs so it is nothing to draw. However, I have the module to set her bow to my draw length. Do you guys think it would help my TP if I set her bow up for myself and just shot it for the next few months? She rarely if ever shoots it so it won't matter to her. She has a Martin Tigress.

archer1983
January 18th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Lower your draw weight.

nater3
January 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I can't lower my weight to anything near that. I can draw and hold my bow easily, it is just something in my head that I need to get straight. I have 70lb limbs and already have my bow at about 61lbs.

crazy wolf
January 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Does your wifes bow have the same type of attachments as for examp. rest, sights , release, stabilizer ect. ? Crazy Wolf.

nater3
January 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Very close, I have all of my backup equipment on her bow. It gives me an excuse to keep good equipment when I buy new stuff rather than sell it. Overall, a Martin Tigress isn't going to be anything remotely similar to a Ross 334, but I think it may just get me to calm down my mind a bit when I am shooting and relax, which I think is a big part of my issue.

YankeeRebel
January 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I suggest reading and learning all you can about target panic here on ArcheryTalk and then getting yourself a Carter Evolution.It's money well spent. Trust me. :thumb: