PDA

View Full Version : Help...5 second trigger

posco
February 1st, 2008, 07:46 PM
Got a Sony P32 with a Bigfoot board. Warm house, dark room, fresh batteries and I get a five second trigger. Kinda slow huh?
Any suggestions?

OhioBowHntr
February 1st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Verify your shutter assembly allignment as well as your common, power and shutter connections terminate at the board at there correct corresponding locations.

You cane verify the camera operation and shutter allignment by shorting the connections

Common to power will turn camera on/off
Common to shutter will take a picture

sounds to me like you may have the common and power reversed at the board...

Dan

posco
February 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks Dan, I'll check it.

Stanley
February 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Let us know how it comes out.

posco
February 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Verify your shutter assembly allignment as well as your common, power and shutter connections terminate at the board at there correct corresponding locations.

You cane verify the camera operation and shutter allignment by shorting the connections

Common to power will turn camera on/off
Common to shutter will take a picture

sounds to me like you may have the common and power reversed at the board...

Dan

Thanks Stanley.
Dan, did as you suggested Dan and that's not the issue. Shorted the board out as you mentioned and got the correct response from the camera.
Allignment? Was that the shorting out the shutter part?
Thanks.

buckshot164
February 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
What happens when you connect ground with shutter. Are you dip switches on your board correct

OhioBowHntr
February 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
with camera detached from the board

Test whether its a servo, stereo or phone jack your 3 wires exiting the camera.

What I ALWAYS do before soldering to the board the end led from the camera is

Plug your servo connection, stereo jack connection phone jack connection WHATEVER it is your using MATE those connections and test the end of that pigtail that will later attach at the board.

what this does is tests everything you have done on the internal mod, including shutter assembly installation and allignment, your male/female jack connection "whatever that is" and the wires themselves that terminate at the board.

This will ensure everything to that point is correct and functioning as it should.

Touching the wires as described will do the following:

common to power turns camera on/off
common to shutter once powered on witll shutter a picture.

once connected to the board the sequence of operation will be the board once heat in motion is detected the Optocoupler on the board "Chip" will fire and perform its said operation based on specific timings programmed per Individual camera type being used.

the opto fires a pulse signal closing contacts Common to power turning the camera on and holds it on

then fires common to shutter to take the picture while the camera is turned on, Time is allowed for the picture to be taken, stored and then recharge the cameras flash circuit " capacitor" then the unit powers back down by pulsing the common to power again.

and cycle repeated upon next event.

Be 100% certain the Bigfoot or any Controller board being used is specific for the camera you are using as well as any dip switch settings are set for the specified camera being used as this will dictate the timings the opto fires at for specific cameras of choice.

lastly be certain the camera settings are correct and set properly per the vendors Adobe cutsheet and what is recommended for the specified camera.

If all this checks out and you have problems I can give you my phone number and walk you through some testing, or you can contact the vendor for the controller and they can assist you.

let us know.

Dan

buckshot164
February 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Switches 1&2 should be on. jp1 should be open, jp2 should be bridged.

Gray Wolf
February 8th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I may be asking a stupid question but doesn't the P32 read the memory card first, and using a card with lots of memory will slow the camera down ? I have no idea if how much that would change the camera speed, but I try not to use anything over 512mb, and mostly use 128mb in my P32.

goblism
February 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
gray wolf is right, if you have a 1gb or 2gb stick you will see a major slow down, hopefully that is the problem

OhioBowHntr
February 9th, 2008, 02:48 AM
gray wolf is right, if you have a 1gb or 2gb stick you will see a major slow down, hopefully that is the problem

not likely

goblism
February 9th, 2008, 03:33 AM
i guess if it was a memory card issue it actually wouldn't even trigger because it would be too much slow down (board would be sending the shutter, and the camera wouldn't be ready)

posco
February 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I have 128 and 256 MB cards. Thanks for the help guys.
I'll keep plugging and try what you suggested and get back. Again, thanks for the help.