Slick Trick broadhead? [Archive] - ArcheryTalk Forum: Archery Target, Bowhunting, Classifieds, Chat

: Slick Trick broadhead?

January 12th, 2003, 12:19 PM
I usually use a cut-on-contact broadhead, but this one has my curiosity.

Has anyone used this broadhead with traditional equipment?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

January 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Interesting head Bowhunter57! Here's another one that grabbed my attn:

January 12th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Now that's a broadhead that I'd use! I've been looking at the Wensel Woodsman, but this one might be the answer. Thank you for the link.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

January 16th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Have read about glancing problems with the Slicktricks
on angle shots.

my choice

3 deer with it this year. Perfect performance.
Great arrow flight.

January 16th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Thank you for the reply! If you remember a few years back there was a popular broadhead made by Anderson and it too had a very steep angle on the blades, which is very simular to the Slick Trick. I was wondering if there would be problems with deflection, since there is a steep angle to the blades.

I like Steel Force too. I shot my first coyote with one and man o'man did he bleed. ;)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

January 16th, 2003, 01:31 PM
i have tested the slick tricks and found them to be very reliable and fly as they say they would out of a compound bow. they have improved 100% over a year before when there was a little problem but it has been rectified. the broadhead is hard hitting and for a 4 blade flies straight and true. gary cooper owner of slick trick is a very nice guy and he is very helpful. i would email or call him and talk to him about your questions with use with a recurve or longbow. the site is good luck
rob k