PDA

View Full Version : Slick Trick broadhead?

Bowhunter57
January 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM
I usually use a cut-on-contact broadhead, but this one has my curiosity.

Has anyone used this broadhead with traditional equipment?
www.slicktrick.net

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Arrowsmit
January 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Interesting head Bowhunter57! Here's another one that grabbed my attn:

http://www.razorcaps.com/

Bowhunter57
January 12th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Arrowsmit,
Now that's a broadhead that I'd use! I've been looking at the Wensel Woodsman, but this one might be the answer. Thank you for the link.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

doctorxring
January 15th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Have read about glancing problems with the Slicktricks
on angle shots.

my choice www.steelforce.com

3 deer with it this year. Perfect performance.
Great arrow flight.

Bowhunter57
January 16th, 2003, 07:03 AM
doctorxring,
Thank you for the reply! If you remember a few years back there was a popular broadhead made by Anderson and it too had a very steep angle on the blades, which is very simular to the Slick Trick. I was wondering if there would be problems with deflection, since there is a steep angle to the blades.

I like Steel Force too. I shot my first coyote with one and man o'man did he bleed. ;)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

robk
January 16th, 2003, 12:31 PM
i have tested the slick tricks and found them to be very reliable and fly as they say they would out of a compound bow. they have improved 100% over a year before when there was a little problem but it has been rectified. the broadhead is hard hitting and for a 4 blade flies straight and true. gary cooper owner of slick trick is a very nice guy and he is very helpful. i would email or call him and talk to him about your questions with use with a recurve or longbow. the site is www.slicktrick.net good luck
rob k